Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Player

Tacki-Mac Command Grip

I just bought one to try and my only complaint is that it's too long. How should I go about cutting this? Can I just use a razor blade or are these not meant to be cut?

I just bought one to try and my only complaint is that it's too long. How should I go about cutting this? Can I just use a razor blade or are these not meant to be cut?

I easily trimmed one before putting it on (don't forget the double sided tape too). I would imagine it would be no problem to trim one already on the stick with an exacto knife or razor blade.

Anyone know where you can get these in toronto?

i think majerhockey should have them... gonna try to pick up a couple tmr.

Yes, Majer has some (although their stock was pretty low a few weeks ago) and Source for Sports has started to carry them.

I easily trimmed one before putting it on (don't forget the double sided tape too). I would imagine it would be no problem to trim one already on the stick with an exacto knife or razor blade.

ok cool, I didn't know whether there was gel or something inside so I'm just making sure. And I so didn't use the adhesive, I'm still not 100% sure I'm going to keep it.

Tacki-mac is now making custom grips for NHLers. I'm not sure what the cost or minimums are, but, I do know that several NHL players are now using them.

Tacki-mac is now making custom grips for NHLers. I'm not sure what the cost or minimums are, but, I do know that several NHL players are now using them.

Custom how? Bigger knobs, different textures? You would think once a mold is made, they would offer it for retail

The one I saw was for an NHL friend of mine. His was a larger knob with the "spun" tape roll all molded together. I'll be seeing him soon. I'll get a pic.

Custom how? Bigger knobs, different textures? You would think once a mold is made, they would offer it for retail

anyone use the 4" sand model? What do you think? The other ones seem to have a larger knob which I don't like.

You can always use a pair of scissors or a knife to make the knob smaller.

Group: Members+

Member No.: 404

The one I saw was for an NHL friend of mine. His was a larger knob with the "spun" tape roll all molded together. I'll be seeing him soon. I'll get a pic.

I dont know man, I'd think youd look pretty stupid if you came up to me and asked to take a picture of my knob of a hockey stick.

anyone use the 4" sand model? What do you think? The other ones seem to have a larger knob which I don't like.

I use the 4" sand and prefer them to all the others. I don't mind the wrap or 6" ones, but do prefer the sand. Knob is slightly less.

has anybody worn through one at all? after the first game with one i could see mine started to wear away on the sides. I cant see this think lasting me more than 3 games.

has anybody worn through one at all? after the first game with one i could see mine started to wear away on the sides. I cant see this think lasting me more than 3 games.

i have used mine for a while and it hasnt worn out at all.

what surface do you play on?

What in the hell would surface type have to do with a grip?

well if you play outdoor, then your butt end may hit the ground and stuff.

around here our outdoor hockey is usually rougher on gear!

its possible

You must have some grip! MissD has used one for 4 months, averaging 5 x week usage and no sign of any wear at all.

Speculation on possible reasons for your early wear (other than your manly grip):

* not a tacki-mac, but one of those other grips?

* air bubble or not smooth adhesion along shaft creating early wear?

I have been using the DR command grip this year. No signs of wear. I find my control for my top hand (leftie...so my right hand) is better for turning the stick on the top for a toe drag. I will use them on my shafts from now on....sure beats the effort of making a symmetrical knob on top.

Ive had the same couple of grips since they came out years ago. One of them has a few small holes, and the grip is still really pretty good. I use hair spray to get them on and just roll them off. I have switched sticks so many times works just great. Ill never go back to tape and I dont wear through the palms of my gloves. I dont like the attack pads though, they seem to dull the feel fo passes.

i have used mine for a while and it hasnt worn out at all.

what surface do you play on?

i play on ice, and it is the authentic tacki mac grip. could it be my gloves rubbing against it thats creating this wear?

Taci-macs don't wear out THAT fast and gloves don't cause wear. These things are nearly indestructable. Something doesn't sound right, wearing after 1 game. No way.

Taci-macs don't wear out THAT fast and gloves don't cause wear. These things are nearly indestructable. Something doesn't sound right, wearing after 1 game. No way.

Unless your palms are made of 40 grit sandpaper :o