Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Player

Tacki-Mac Command Grip

How do you put these on the stick? Do they roll on like a condom?

Actually, they do not roll on like a condom, they slip on like a sock. Taking them off, is like a condom. My wife hates when I explain it this way to customers, but there's no better way to explain it.

Mine have a 3 month life span.

The sand like texture starts to wear out after a few uses and the knob wears out on one corner all together after about three months.

I use an exacto knife to cut it open. Rolling it off also works.

has anybody worn through one at all? after the first game with one i could see mine started to wear away on the sides. I cant see this think lasting me more than 3 games.

how much do these things actually weigh? TBLfan said they weigh a ton, are they going to add significant weight to your stick?

no.

you can tell they are there, but its ot going to make a big difference

Those Tacki-Mac are great. I find you have much more control on your stickhandling, passing and shooting.

I didn't expect this Kovi - but that is exactly what my daughter has discovered!

I originally put the Tacki-Mac on her sticks this year to save wear on her gloves. Earlier this week she used her back-up shaft with regular tape on it - and absolutely hated the feel with tape - felt the tape gave way less control.

She says there is no way she would go back to tape.

If you have a stick that's a little blade heavy it will work for you... if you have a nicely balanced stick expect the stick to be blade light. The darn thing weighs around 30ish grams.

your gloves will wear, if the butt of the composite (or wood), is exposed. the tackimac should be a a bit off the top, so that your glove does not rub against the composite.

i hope that made sense.

they worked great for me. The textures start to wear out aftera few months but even then they are still good to use and will still protect your gloves.

I've been using the sand ones for 6-8 months now and LOVE them. :D I only wore through one so far. It took about 3 months. I'll never go back to tape. Feels better, gives you better control, and it's easier on your gloves.

I've been using one for about 3 weeks(big-butt wrapped) and it feels like I have better stick-handling, I've also got better at face-offs, these things are amazing.

I use one too but I find in order to become a good stick handler, better at taking face offs and having a good strong backhand, I like this thing called 'practice'. It isn't sold in stores but if you do it, it just might work a lilttle better than a rubber butt end.

Is this stuff like the wrap you can get for a tennis racket? 'cause I play tennis too, and have a bunch of grip tape for a racket sitting around. I guess I should try it out.

Is this stuff like the wrap you can get for a tennis racket? 'cause I play tennis too, and have a bunch of grip tape for a racket sitting around. I guess I should try it out.

Not like tennis wrap. These are one piece. More like golf grips.

Not like tennis wrap. These are one piece. More like golf grips.

lol tacki-mac also makes golf grips