Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

New Player

Tacki-Mac Command Grip

The Wrapped Texture and Big Butt have the thinest handle. The Ribbed is very, very stick compared to the standard Wrapped. The ribbed is the only one that has ridges.

I personally have used all three and the standard Wrappted Texture is my favorite...

I tried one the other night and really liked it until the 2nd period when it started sliding off the stick and would twist in my hand. I had let it dry 48 hours before using and even now 4 days after my game I can still make it twist and slide off. I followed the directions to a T. Any idea what went wrong? It's on a One95.

Guess I'll have to remove this one and put a another one on and see if it works the 2nd time. What's recommended to remove the tape goop?

try to use some solvent to remove the tape residue, i have used hairspray to reapply my tackimac, this is the 3rd stick it has been on and its very solid. one 95 as well

try to use some solvent to remove the tape residue, i have used hairspray to reapply my tackimac, this is the 3rd stick it has been on and its very solid. one 95 as well

I'm second to this - been using tacki-mac for quite some times initially with the supplied glue paper

then switched to hairspray & never looked back - the grip is thinner, and the puck feel is a bit better as well

plus if needed the grip can be removed.

currently using One95, but used the grip on anything from XXXX to the one woodies - works like a charm! :))

I don't know what it is but after a few times using the hairspray, the grips started sliding off the stick during games. I went to the blue tennis gauze and it feels pretty much identical.

I used to tuck the top of them in the butt end with the plastic cap or duct tape the bottom. Never had a problem with them shifting during the game. I take that back one time when I was using my Kovy pro stock. I had a breakway went for a wrister and the stick flew out of my left hand and the puck dribbled in on the goalie.

I have used tacki-mac's for a long time and will continue to do so. I actually just put in another order with them directly and the lady(Debbie) is sending me extra double sided tape by request. Which is awesome as I can pull some old grips off older sticks and reuse them then without having to worry about the woes of using hair spray or any other adhesive. Must say that these guys are awesome, a great product in my eyes.

Has anyone else who uses these had holes wear in the grips after a couple months?

yes - I always used to wear a hole in one particular spot, but then I just starting taking the grip off (just roll it off since I use the spray) before the hole develops, turning it slightly & putting back on

this way the wear is more even

Got the email that my order for 3 new grips arrived today. :D

I don't know if it's my weak shot or lack of skill puck handling, but after I cut the knobs off the wrapped big butt I just put them on without the tape or hairspray (us balding guys never have it on hand) and they have been fine. Occasionally one might slide 1/4" or so off, but I can just work it back on to where it belongs.

Tape is more rough on the palms, so with tacki-mac your gloves stay in better shape. Which may be cheaper to some in the longer run. Plus I like how grippy they are on the top hand.

It's all PP though really.

I love my command grip, i use it and my mate uses black tape, the difference between our glove condition is amazing, his are almost worn threw and mine look like new

I don't mind the thickness, it was the adhesive that pushed me back to tape (well tennis gauze). Hairspray made the grip come off in the middle of games while the included adhesive tape/glue would get moldy and rotten under the grip.

With me though I personally like a smaller butt end and the command grip is to thick...

Try the 'Sand' grip. From my experience it's the thinnest of the Tacki-Mac grips.

I never liked mine. They seemed too thick, I prefer a sanded-down wooden plug covered in white tape. Maybe if the Grips were thiner I'd use them. Although I'll take roscoe6's advice and maybe try the 'Sand' grip.

+1 for the sand grip. I use hairspray to put it on (let it dry overnight) and then a piece of tape around the bottom of the grip (half on the grip, half on the shaft) to keep it from sliding/twisting.

I never liked mine. They seemed too thick, I prefer a sanded-down wooden plug covered in white tape. Maybe if the Grips were thiner I'd use them. Although I'll take roscoe6's advice and maybe try the 'Sand' grip.

If you cut the top part off (the knob) it isnt bad...

I've got a couple of the regular wrapped ones on the way and was wondering just what sort of hair spray you guys are using. I'm gonna put them on a 5K and an X:40, each without an end extension.

It's interesting- I just placed an order for a grip and it seems like they have a new adhesive. It seemed MUCH easier putting the grip on and it appears to lock quicker. Anyone have a similar experience?