Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

merle720

Review and update of my goalie gear.

Review of all my gear, updates mostly.

I just want to let everyone know how my gear is comming along.

Koho 560 Goal skates.

I got a good deal on these skates as pro returns. $300 CAN not used. The fit was great and they were heat molded. I have never had a problem with them. I find the protection awesome and and the wear minimal. The only problem is the blade seem to vibrate when I stop sometimes. I mean the noise off the blades sounds like a large table being pushed and the legs making a loud noise, the sound makes a slight echo in ice rinks. It’s not that I can’t skate, I played hockey for 25 years and play defense in a beer league, and my player skates or older goalie skates have never done that before. Besides that I like em a lot. There 2 yrs old now.

Heaton Helite-Z Sr. Goal pads.

I also got a good deal on these. $600 CAN new. I was nervous getting these pads and not seeing them in person but I’m glad I did. I did a review on these before so I will only update them on wear. There about a year old. I broke the toe strings. There is a bunch of puck marks. One of the knee locks is a bit stretched. No real wear areas on toes or any wear else. Logos still intact. Still think these are the best pads ever. Never had an issue with protection. Stitching still intact.

Mckenney 855 Pro Goal Pants.

I paid full price for these 2 yrs ago. Black. I still like these pants. One small rip from my skate. Slight wear in crotch area, no holes or need to repair. Great protection. Fit is great cause I’m short the the pants are short, but fit me right. No problems with these pants. They have 2 loops to run the C/A belly straps through to keep every thing in place.

Simmons Air Goal Jock.

I got this for free. It’s unlabeled, a no name jock to you. I love this thing. Fit, protection and mobility is perfect. What else can I say?

Under Armor Heat Gear.

Long sleeve, blue. Tight. I look like superman with a beer belly. It works. The thing keeps you cooler, some times almost too cool. I paid full price of this $60 CAN. I hate paying full price. Keep the thing away from velcro! I ve used it for 4 months now. Still holding up. Slight wear on sleeves where the velcro wrist straps are. All and all a good product.

Mckenney 755 Pro C/A.

I paid full price for this too. I reviewed this before. No real areas of wear. The belly area is great. The arms could use a bit more padding but the mobility is good. Never been bruised through the C/A. A couple times in the arm pit area but weird angle shots. No real issues with the C/A. The fit for me is the best out of all the C/A’s I tried on at the time.

Easton Jersey.

Goalie cut. I’m 5’6†and the jersey is a bit long on me. The sleeves are perfect fit. The only problem for me is the opening on the arms the stick some times finds it’s way in my sleeve. I need to tapper them a bit. The jersey shows no sign of wear. I paid $100 CAN but it has a 3 color crest, 2 color numbers, name and sponsor bar.

This was a team order.

Heaton Helite-Z Pro Gloves.

I reviewed the glove before but just got the blocker. I paid $160 CAN new. No problem with the glove, it’s 4 months old and no real wear. I need to make a wrist pad because pucks hurt off the cuff. the blocker I used once and like it. The blocker cost me $265 CAN. The blocker palm has the foam in the palm and I need to get used to it. The blocker feels clumsy stick handling compared to my Bauer Supreme. The side wall is bigger and the palm issue, I have to get over. I feel I have good control with shots. I like the blocker a lot. I only used it once so for the wear.....

Jofa Combo 390/387 with a Itech Kelly Rhudy throat guard.

OK, it’s a combo. Get over it. I love it. I reviewed this before with my spring lock system to hold the cage on. Have yet to get hurt in it. I don’t understand how a mask can be any better then this combo. 2yrs old.

Vaughn Wheeled Goal Bag.

Can’t say enough about this bag. No problems. Huge. I can walk with it. No wear. Got it for christmas. Thanks mom.

Legend Sticks.

I ordered 3. They have lasted a long time. But I think they lose there pop or stiffness pretty fast. I’m on my 3rd one since september. Make sure to get the sticks kevlar on both sides. But to add to this, I have not broken one yet. They seem to stay in one peice for ever, just feel dead with lots of chips. I will prob order more from them.

Pics of my gear. I edited this cause the link was the wrong one.

I've used the pads for at least 50 hours now. There is no wear on the pads at all. Now I don't butterfly on every shot but do use it quite abit. I have the pads loose so maybe there is less pressure on the pads scraping on the ice. I have zero complaints about the pads at all. I got the straping system down and I don't think there is anything I can do to the pads to make them better. I'm one for mods to my gear but with the pads, I can't. I have not felt a shot and..... well there the perfect pad.