Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Vapor

Cigars

only after big wins. usually my dad will give me a Cuban or another guy on the teams dad has a bunch and we get those. Usually a Cohiba or Trinidad. But if i can't get those a cheap one from a gas station. lol

I do! No preference on stoogies. I will try anything.

Right now I enjoy cigarillos more than cigars. Preference on the flavored ones - vanilla is always good.

How about you?

Right now my smoke of choice is La Arorua. They are a great Dominican smoke. They are a little pricey, about 12-17 bucks a stick, but a great complex smoke.

Im not a big fan of flavored or acid cigars, but some of the higher quality stuff isnt bad. I had a gar by Gurkha that was infused with Louis XIII Conagc the other day (ran about 13 bukcs) and it was a very smooth medium bodied smoke).

Davidoff makes some good cigars, but are a little pricey. Avo has some great stuff at good prices. Fuente is a great brand. There ultra premium Opus X cigar (runs about 50 dollars per cigar) is the best cigar I have smoked.

Cant go wrong with a good gar, a sifter of conagc, and some sinatra. Class across the board

Trying different smokes is the way to go.

I have a subscription to CA - read up on it and try stuff.

When I'm in Orlando I have a bead on Cohiba Esplendidos and Robustos. If I walk into a humidor, I'm choosing Ashtons, Padrons or Partagas...want to try an OpusX but haven't been able to find any, and the one place I did in Vegas was grossly overpriced.

Ive had a handfull of padrons, they are good smokes. Ashtons are a little light for my tastes. Ive had one patagas, but I dont remember what the name was. I am not a big cohiba fan. I got my hands on some cuban cohibas, and they werent too bad.

Right now my smoke of choice is La Arorua. They are a great Dominican smoke. They are a little pricey, about 12-17 bucks a stick, but a great complex smoke.

Im not a big fan of flavored or acid cigars, but some of the higher quality stuff isnt bad. I had a gar by Gurkha that was infused with Louis XIII Conagc the other day (ran about 13 bukcs) and it was a very smooth medium bodied smoke).

Davidoff makes some good cigars, but are a little pricey. Avo has some great stuff at good prices. Fuente is a great brand. There ultra premium Opus X cigar (runs about 50 dollars per cigar) is the best cigar I have smoked.

Cant go wrong with a good gar, a sifter of conagc, and some sinatra. Class across the board

Sounds like I have a lot to try out.

Trying different smokes is the way to go.

I have a subscription to CA - read up on it and try stuff.

When I'm in Orlando I have a bead on Cohiba Esplendidos and Robustos. If I walk into a humidor, I'm choosing Ashtons, Padrons or Partagas...want to try an OpusX but haven't been able to find any, and the one place I did in Vegas was grossly overpriced.

We shoulda had some when I was over there! Nuts! I had a pack of smokes with me, but didn't whip em out as nobody else was smoking.

I had a square pressed gurkha the other day it was a nice long smoke. Right now my humidor is stocked with Nat Sherman Bankers. I also have an Olivia that I want to try out, the problem is I haven't had time and when I do have time its usually when I go home to visit my parents but then my dad give me two or three more cigars so I never get a chance to try the ones I brought home. That and I need a porch or patio real bad.

nothing better than relaxing for a couple of hours on my deck overlooking the ocean having a nice long conversation about the stupidest shit. A good cigar in your hand, makes it so much more interesting ;)

Has anybody smoked Graycliffs here? They are from the bahamas, and are suppose to be "high end" cigars. I had one (with a purple band) and was not so crazy about them. I have heard a lot of good about them though.

As far as Cubans go, the Romeo y Julieta is usually overlooked but I find a lot of Cohibas with loads of mold on them, and a lot of shady merchants try to pass the Dominican Cohiba as Cuban... :angry:

--nick--

Ive had a handfull of padrons, they are good smokes.  Ashtons are a little light for my tastes.  Ive had one patagas, but I dont remember what the name was.  I am not a big cohiba fan.  I got my hands on some cuban cohibas, and they werent too bad.

I mean Cuban ones, not the Dominican ones. The funny thing about Cohiba is that it is a relatively new brand - post-Revolucion. There is a huge lawsuit between the Cuban gov't and the cigar mfgr who took the Cohiba name for the Dominican sticks.

When Castro took over the original cigar mfgrs left and were allowed to keep their names (Bacardi rum is another example) even though the gov't controls all of the cigar manufacturing there (as well as brand names). That's why you see Montes and R&Js and Trinidad that are from other countries. However, since Cohiba was established after '59, that law did not apply.

As far as Cubans go, the Romeo y Julieta is usually overlooked but I find a lot of Cohibas with loads of mold on them, and a lot of shady merchants try to pass the Dominican Cohiba as Cuban... :angry:

--nick--

Now R&J's I did have. Good memories :)

Phillies Mini Blunts -- Strawberry

2 Packs of 20each for $2. Cant go wrong :)

there is a reason they are that cheap... they are brown cigarettes... or worse..

Bringing back an old thread being that smoking season is just around the corner. Whats in your Humi?

--nick--

Not overlooked by me. RyJ Exhibicion #3 is my personal favorite in terms of price/performance. I like trying others but I make sure I always have some of these on hand when I don't feel like experimenting.

This topic gives me a sad face... I hardly ever get to smoke anymore. Girlfriend doesn't like the smell and there just doesn't seem to be that much time to enjoy one. If you're around Pittsburgh though, stop by and visit Allegheny Smokeworks in Blawnox. The guys that run the shop are crazy nice, they have a great selection, and there's always drinks and snacks and a place to chill and have a smoke.

But anyway, cigars... Padron '64, Torano '59, Ashton Estate Sun Grown and Puros Indios Viejo are my go to cigars right now... Mostly medium-bodied smokes with a little kick. The Torano and the Puros are great values, the Padron is an amazing cigar even for 12-15 bucks and the Ashton, well it's not your every day smoke but for a special occasion it's worth the 18-20 bucks if you appreciate a unique smoke...

If you get Cigar Afficionado, the last issue has some interesting articles on Cuba.

I had a "cuban" the other day that my friend's sister got in Mexico, it was pretty bad. My friend's pretty into cigars so I usually smoke different ones that he has.

The edge is a great smoke, just smoked through a box. They are actually about 4-5 bucks. They are one of the best cigars for the price.