Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dangles

Fifa World Cup 2006 Germany

Who's everyone cheering for this time around? I'm really hoping for Brazil to take it with Ronaldo and co. If not Brazil, then seeing England win would be nice.

Your thoughts?

Izuri!

or

Portugal or did they even qualify? I haven't followed the tourney very closly this year.. just been so wraped in the NHL playoffs

Izuri!

or

Portugal or did they even qualify? I haven't followed the tourney very closly this year.. just been so wraped in the NHL playoffs

Yes, Portugal is in. Big Phil's coaching them.

I'm definitely not a soccer fan, but is it really common to not cheer for your home country? I've heard that the US isn't expected to win any games this year, so is that why it seems like so many of you have other teams?

England, best squad and probably best chance we've got in years!
LMAO Viking#9. That is one of the most used cliches in World Cup Galore.

Every 4 years it's: "England deeming this to be the year, strongest squad ever"

and "Spain, will this be the year they get out of their funk?"

Blablabla Raul "the crown-prins" last shot, Becks last shot? Spain has yet to reach the Semi-finals at a World cup even though they have one of the most talented sides (and best leagues) in the world. The Darkhorse this year... (again and again and again)

Too predictable in corrolation to the media.

I have 3 predictions of my own:

1. England won't win.

2. Spain won't win.

3. We'll hear the same stories in the media about those 2 nations 4 years from now.

Other than that, I think it'll be a great World Cup with Brazil the farvourites. :)

Brazil will always be the favourites! :(

I wanna see what Theo Walcott can do TBH he's only played 13 pro games EVER!!!

Hopfully he will have a really good WC because it looks like everybody is out to give him a hard time

I'm German, but since I moved to the US 15 years ago I support US soccer wholehartedly. I'm rooting for US and England because they play exciting, daring soccer. I don't like the South American teams because of all the diving and dirty fouls. I don't like Germany because of their boringly efficient play, absolutley no flair or exitement. I also hope Mexico does well.

Like any Scottish person would say, ANYBODY AGAINST ENGLAND!

Yeh i was really annoyed when Murray(Tennis player) said he would support any team playing England, and to think i was gonna be part of Murrey Mountain :(

Come on ENGLAND!

Yeh i don't like their diving tactics but i do like their skills eg.

well i am also german (bavarian) so it is in our country and hope germany gets the world cup, so it will be a real big party!!!

sad that i didnt get some tickets, munich is only 90 km away from me, thats the place where the opening game will be tomorrow at this time...

but i guess cheechoo is absolutely right, we (germans) are playing an absolutely boring type of soccer, but we are a tournament team...

at least our soccer team is better than our hockey team, but that is not to difficult... :D

i personally like the type of english soccer, cause they are playing a more physical game, not too much pussys in theyr team, also brasil is playing spectacular!!

but its hard to say who will win, there are at least up to eight teams ore more to have a very good chance...

USA or England. USA looked pretty good in the games I've seen the past couple months, even though the competition wasn't quite up to par. Think they can pull off a nice run though. Makes me wanna play some FIFA on the Gamecube now