Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThePurpleCobra

Best concert you've ever seen!

I got this topic sorta from the Dashboard one but I was wondering who is the best band you've seen live?

I went to see Coldplay and Audioslave last year and Coldplay was unbelievble audioslave was good as well.

Next week i'm going to that Download Festival in Boston(mansfield) with 311, Jurassic 5,Pepper, The Wailers,G.Love and Special Sauce and the Dropkick Murphys im expecting that to be my favorite, but who knows?

Oxegen Festival 2004, no contest.

What bands were there?

Snow Patrol, Muse, NERD, Rapture, Shins, Killers, Chemical Bros, Strokes, Cure, Wilco and Stellastarr and a crapload of others.

What bands were there?

Snow Patrol, Muse, NERD, Rapture, Shins, Killers, Chemical Bros, Strokes, Cure, Wilco and Stellastarr and a crapload of others.

nice, it sounds sweet!

What bands were there?

Muse FTW :)

What bands were there?

Mack, are you in Ireland?

I'm from Donegal

Best Ive seen so far is Queens of the Stone Age just for the fact that theyre my favourite band and put on an awesome show. As for the best 'show' it has go to Radiohead. They made wicked use of lighting and screens/videos and they sounded absolutely amazing. Im going to see Bob Dylan on the 30th and Alice in Chains in November so those could contend.

Just saw Alice in Chains last Sat night. The new guy rocks. Great concert. I also took the wife to see Train: great show period.

What bands were there?

Mack, are you in Ireland?

I'm from Donegal

Originally, but now I'm in the States. From Castleknock and still have family there.

Originally, but now I'm in the States. From Castleknock and still have family there.

I moved here from Letterkenny back in april 2000 myself. My little brother was at oxygen this year too, said it was cracker. All my family is still there (except my brother who is mainly in Austraila, but is somewhere between afganistan and pakistan at the minute)

William Duvall is filling in for Alice in Chains at the minute. VH1 done a "decades of rock" thing recently for Heart (who were from seattle), they had a bunch of artists out. Phil Anselmo (pantera) sang Would, with Alice in Chains, and Duvall came out and done a couple of songs, Alice in Chains doing the music, himself and the heart ladies providing the vocals, including rooster.

I liked his voice, sounded good, thats all I know about him

1. Sonic Youth and Polvo at The Howling Wolf in New Orleans. Oct. 96.

2. The Flaming Lips in new Orleans in 94

3. Built To Spill a few years ago in Tallahassee

4. Soundgarden in a club on an off night during the Badmotorfinger tour with GnR.

5. The Fucking Champs and The Mini-Bosses at Spaceland in LA a year and a half ago.

6. Morris Day and the Time (seriously an awesome show) about 6 or 7 years ago

Other notables include Cheap Trick, Swervedriver, Guided by Voices, Primus, Mudhoney

Mine are probobly Hawthorne Heights from the front row at a local university, or Panic! at the disco in Pittsburgh, they had stage dancers and all sorts of stuff going on it was alot of fun just to be there.

Woodstock 99...insane

My brother went, he said the only way to survive was to steal stuff. He was telling me that they wanted 7 bucks for water and crazy shit like that.

Edit: I also saw pics. Some of them were f**king nuts! The chicks were wild.

Mine would have to be either Oasis, Live at the manchester city football stadium.

Or panic! at the disco.... Had my doubts about how good they would be live, but they were seriously awesome!

1. Simon & Garfunkel (MCI center in Washington DC)

1a. Ben Harper / Jack Johnson (Towson University, MD)

2. Sunstroke 94 (Chili Peppers, Frank Black, Therapy?, Ice Cube, Terrorvison, My Little Fun House), (RDS Dublin)

3. The Fleadh (traditional Irish music festival) (Letterkenny, Aug 2005)

EDIT:

4. Radiohead (merriweather, MD) great show

:P Coming from an older dude, no particular order:

AC/DC-Back in Black tour

Kiss-Their first US Tour and twice since

Queen-1st US tour

Ted Nugent-3 seperate times

Stevie Ray Vaughn-4 times(Probably the Best)

Grateful Dead-2 times

Aerosmith-3 times

Robin Trower-2 times

Jeff Beck

Stained-2 times

Lynrd Skynrd-the original with VanZant 1 year before the plane crash

Def Leppard

Pantera-2 times

Van Halen-3 times

Metallica-2 times

Korn-2 times

ZZ Top-3 times

Kid Rock-3 times

Fleetwood Mac

Black Sabbath-2 times

The Who-4 times

Rolling Stones

Godsmack-3 times

The Clash(Awesome in concert)

Iron Maiden-waaay back!

Roy Clark (Awesome guitar)

Matchbox Twenty

Sly and the Family Stone(Killer MoTown)

BB King

Robert Cray

Jaco Pastorious

Earth, Wind and Fire

Probably missed a couple here and there.

What can I say, I grew up in the late 70's when a concert ticket was 12 bucks or so.

Warped Tour '05 (Dropkick Murphys=amazing. Whole show was insane.)

-OR-

Dashboard Confessional '06.

Haven't been to many concerts, only other one was Creed.

Either FM Bats, Daniel Striped Tiger, or Danse Macabre this year.

I saw OAR before I really got into music in 4th grade or something which was pretty sick.