Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThePurpleCobra

Best concert you've ever seen!

:P Coming from an older dude, no particular order:

AC/DC-Back in Black tour

Kiss-Their first US Tour and twice since

Queen-1st US tour

Ted Nugent-3 seperate times

Stevie Ray Vaughn-4 times(Probably the Best)

Grateful Dead-2 times

Aerosmith-3 times

Robin Trower-2 times

Jeff Beck

Stained-2 times

Lynrd Skynrd-the original with VanZant 1 year before the plan crash

Def Leppard

Pantera-2 times

Van Halen-3 times

Metallica-2 times

Korn-2 times

ZZ Top-3 times

Kid Rock-3 times

Fleetwood Mac

Black Sabbath-2 times

The Who-4 times

Rolling Stones

Godsmack-3 times

The Clash(Awesome in concert)

Iron Maiden-waaay back!

Roy Clark (Awesome guitar)

Matchbox Twenty

Sly and the Family Stone(Killer MoTown)

BB King

Robert Cray

Jaco Pastorious

Earth, Wind and Fire

Probably missed a couple here and there.

What can I say, I grew up in the late 70's when a concert ticket was 12 bucks or so.

God what Id give to go back to those times, bands were a million times better then the shit they call music these days and a hell of a lot cheaper.

I saw Iron Maiden at the Donnington monsters of rock way back in the day, but wasn't impressed with them, obviously you have to appreciate Dickersons ability to screech like a maniac, but live they didn't do it for me

Jimi Hendrix Experience opening for The Monkees at Forest Hills Tennis Stadium, summer of 67. That's right - Hendrix opening for The Monkees. "Have you ever been experienced? Well, I have."

Jimi Hendrix Experience opening for The Monkees at Forest Hills Tennis Stadium, summer of 67. That's right - Hendrix opening for The Monkees. "Have you ever been experienced? Well, I have."

Wasn't he booed of stage when opening for the monkees?

Darkstar, did you boo jimi, for shame

U2 - down in New Zealand, for the Rattle & Hum tour

INXS @ MLG in 1989 - with Michael Hutchence. Although JD didn't embarass himself or the band when I saw them a couple of months ago.

The absolute worst concert I've attended - ever - would be Richard Marx and Wilson-Philips at Canada's Wonderland. The girl I was dating at the time wanted to see them SO desperately... so I got dragged along. (I'm so embarassed I shared that!)

The best I have ever seen.

1996 G3 tour at the Hollywood Bowl

Joe Satriani, Steve Vai, Eric Johnson, and Kenny Wayne Shepard

Absolutely the best musicians I have ever seen

Next best.

Dave Matthews, Cure, Van Halen, Joe Satriani, well anyway those were the best

The Cure really surprised me I did not like them till I saw them.

Wasn't he booed of stage when opening for the monkees?

Darkstar, did you boo jimi, for shame

No, I didn't boo Jimi. What happened was he quickly realized that this was the wrong tour for him to be on with all the little teenybopper girls brought to the Monkees shows with their parents. Playing "Foxy Lady" while his guitar was behind his back and other assorted on stage proclivities led to his decision to quit the tour. My older brother went out and bought the Jimi Hendrix Experience album the day after the concert.

Other great shows-

9/28/72- my first Grateful Dead show at the Stanley Theatre in Jersey City

8/8/74- Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young- at Roosevelt Stadium the night Nixon resigned.

January 74- Bob Dylan and The Band at Madison Square Garden- I recognized a lot of NYPD guys I was playing hockey with on the way in to the Garden. They knew we were carrying but let us in anyway.

May 74- Hot Tuna at the Palladium in NYC- when the show ended we walked outside onto 14th St and the sun was coming up.

May 77- Nils Lofgren opens for Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in Edinburgh, Scotland. I was traveling UK and Europe and knew enough to see Petty play "American Girl" in Scotland.

Early 80s- Elvis Costello and the Attractions in NYC- "Oliver's Army is here to stay." "Radio, Radio."

90s- Any Steve Winwood show I've seen. The man can play any instrument, especially lead guitar on "Dear Mr Fantasy" and piano on "Low Spark of High-heeled Boys."

Absolute best was Pearl Jam opening for Smashing Pumpkins who were opening for the Red Hot Chili Peppers. All in a tiny little ballroom. (maybe 400 people) Must have been around 90-91. Nobody had ever heard of PJ at the time and most of us didn't know who the Smashing Pumpkins were either.

I saw Mudhoney at a bowling alley. That was nuts.

I've seen B.B. King twice and would gladly pay for a 3rd time.

AC/DC (Razor's edge) was a fun one too.

I worked a Neil Diamond this year and thought it would be lame, but that man puts on a killer show. If he comes back I'm going.

Going to see Tony Bennett this weekend. You could say I like a bit of everything.

Worst: Paul MaCartney. I worked that show and was glad I didn't pay for it. It was lame. It should have been called "Paul McCartney signs the Beatles." I love the Beatles but he didn't do them justice. I've actually seen worse shows, but they were only like $10 or $15. If I had dropped $200 for a ticket I would have been furious.

My birthday present to myself this past year was going to see Dream Theater's 20th Anniversary Tour Grand Finale. It was at Radio City Music Hall and was absolutely incredible.

Hockeysew, you and I are about the same age; your list took me down memory lane!!

Bob Dylan put on the best show, probably U2 and Queen were my favourite concerts but my absolute best experience at a concert was the Who about 10 years ago. Couldn't find a babysitter, so I took my daughter instead of missing the concert. Had to swop tickets with a scalper which was a bit of a bummer. But was it worth it - she got right into it and what a fantastic night! I've kept the tickets, and someday I'll give them to her as a momento of her first ever concert.

The Beach Boys. They played after a minor league baseball game. Normally, most concerts I've been to like this where a band plays after a game have lasted about an hour but the Beach Boys played almost all of their hits and the concert lasted over 2 hours. The whole crowd was up dancing around and the beach balls were flying.

Kid Rock and Aerosmith killed it at Jones Beach a couple years ago. And i met Pam Anderson(in prime shape) in the VIP area. What a great night that was.

311 is damn good in concert, too. No huge venues, so the concert is really small. Super loud and played a ton of songs.

OAR, dont remember much except for what seemed like billions of the hottest girls ive ever seen.

Darkstar forgot the time he saw Beethoven play live.

Beethoven wasn't that good live. He got a bit tedious.

Andre Segovia in London, October 77. He was a classical acoustic guitar master. That performance just popped back into the memory banks of all-time great shows.

You bastard, you've seen classics. There's no way anyone from these later generations can compile a list that some of you guys have. Granted I've seen the Rolling Stones and they blow live (no pun intended if you're out there reading, Mick) but I'll be happy if I can control my bowels when I'm their age.

Its not fair that we cant see these awesome bands. Music just sucks these days and bands dont seem to be as tour oriented as Zeppelin was in the late 60s. I have to drive hours now to see bands I actually want to see perform live and am stuck buying classic rock DVDs to get my fix of their performances. All I can ask for in life though now is for Floyd to get back together and do a reunion tour. I would easily drop 500 bucks on a ticket for that.