Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ThePurpleCobra

Best concert you've ever seen!

They didn't play well when I saw them either. About 3 years later I saw Audioslave play live and they were a hell of a lot better and kept it all to music.

Jack Johnsan was unbelievable in Sacramento, California. Also the bands that opend the concert were awesome to,(Animal Liberation Orchestra)-alo

not counting festival type events 2 shows stand out

-Springsteen @ the Meadowlands during the Born in the USA tour..

-Beastie Boys @ MSG in 04, which is the recently released "Awesome..." DVD

Trivium and Lostprophets are right up there when it comes to great stage performances. Definitely looking forward to seeing Dragonforce and Lostprophets again.

I'm going to see Guster tonight, hopfully they'll put on a good show!

I saw Guster with John Mayer and John Butler Trio three or four years ago and they were very good.

Just got back from Styx.  Surprisingly good.

For some reason, I'm just not down with Gowan "fronting" these guys. I have seen them 3-4 times this way and it's just weird.

I can't say that I'm a devoted enough Styx fan to know the difference. Still, I though they sounded good. Disappointing they didn't play Mr. Roboto, though. Did the keyboardist (keyboarder? who knows) have the spinning keyboard at your shows? That was entertaining for about five seconds. The crowd there really made the show for me. It was at the fair so of course all the hicks of the county showed up and freaked out. I've never seen something quite like it, although I almost got my ass kicked twice.

Best Ive seen so far is Queens of the Stone Age just for the fact that theyre my favourite band and put on an awesome show. As for the best 'show' it has go to Radiohead. They made wicked use of lighting and screens/videos and they sounded absolutely amazing. Im going to see Bob Dylan on the 30th and Alice in Chains in November so those could contend.

Songs for the Deaf. great cd. lullabies to paralize is also good

Trivium and Lostprophets are right up there when it comes to great stage performances. Definitely looking forward to seeing Dragonforce and Lostprophets again.

i envy you. trivium is awesome. did they play detonation?

Dragonforce is sick too. through the fire and the flames has amazing solos in it. some of the best guitarists i have ever heard.

In 96 I saw a concert in LA celebrating Santana for some reason or other. I am not much of a fan of his, but I went because of the incredibly diverse lineup that played with him:

- blues greats John Lee Hooker and Buddy Guy

- Vernon Reid and Kirk Hammett (guitarists for Living Color and Metallica, respectively)

- jazz legends Wayne Shorter, Herbie Hancock and Arturo Sandoval

- Bob Weir and Mickey Hart from the Grateful Dead

- many others I've forgotten, there was some latin band I think and a gospel choir.

They played for like 5 1/2 hours, at the end they were all sharing the stage, and they jammed on everything under the sun. The sheer diversity and talent of all the musicians made for some incredible music. You could see the smiles on their faces. They were having fun.

hmm...tough choices here but here are my top 5 (ala High Fidelity Top whatever lists)

5. Alkaline Trio - Knitting Factory, NYC in 1999. (About 15 people at this show and this was before they got popular)

4. Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band Fenway Park, 2003 (1st ever show at Fenway)

3. Pilfers -Knitting Factory, NYC 2005. (This was their reunion show and my 25th Birthday)

2. Jets to Brazil -Wetlands, NYC 1999 (Very early show of theirs that was amazing)

1. Pearl Jam -Randalls Island, NYC 1996 (1st PJ show highlighted by a Jon Popper harmonica solo during Evenflow)

i envy you. trivium is awesome. did they play detonation?

Dragonforce is sick too. through the fire and the flames has amazing solos in it. some of the best guitarists i have ever heard.

I saw trivium at sounds ofthe underground. I was totaly dissapointed. I know hwen bands play live, it isnt CD quality.... but trivium was really crappy. Maybe it was the speakers or something when they went on? One thing that couldnt be blamed on the equipment tho, was the fact that he "sings" a lot of parts that he "yells" normaly on the cd. You get ready for a wicked yell then it doesnt come.

Jets to Brazil would be a good show to go to. I'll have to see if they're coming up to the NW any time soon.

sorry to break it to you, but they've broken up. all we have left is the memories.