Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Webster

Hockey Cards

ok , ive decided to sell some of my favourite hockey cards as a really need the money, but before i do i dont know how much i will get for them. so can you guys take a look and tell me how much do you think they are worth

p8290005yt8.th.jpg

p8290007jf8.th.jpg

p8290008bt1.th.jpg

Unless some of the cards in the 2nd pic are chase cards, your best bets that I saw were the '90 Score Jagr and Brodeur rookies. Not sure of the price as those may be the last cards I ever bought till the Crosby/Ovechkin explosion.

According to Beckett´s annual Hockey Card priceguide the 90 Score Jagr and Brodeur Rokkies are 5$ each. The Score HOT-Cards of Gretz is 10$, Lemiex 8$, Fedorov 3$ and Jagr 6$. The Niedermayer all-rookie is 2$, 91/92 Upper Deck Lemieux is 1.5$. The 91/92 Score Hull, ROy and Fedorov subset cards are all bellow 1$. The 1990 Score Gretzky´s, Sakic and Roy all all about 1$. The blue STartQuest card of Roy is 2.5$. The NextinLine of Roy and Potivin is 3$. The Pacific jersey card of Sundin is not in my book but it´s easily the most valueable of those. I guess around 20$ at least. The book I got these numbers is from 00/01 so they might have gone up slightly but basically you have a rough idea.

thanks for the infomation guys,

I think i'll just hold on to them as i found out that all the cards are worth around $58.67 :o

or i might try and sell them to some dumb kids :lol:

and the jersey card of Sundin i bought for £1.50 off ebay.co.uk :D

might see if theres anymore of those going

The prices on cards is depressing. I used to collect cards (late 80's-early 90's). They were worth more THEN, than they are now. :-( I have Jagr rookie cards that were worth $50+ at the time. Oh well... :(

What I did with all of my old hockey cards was take some old frames and some clear contact paper and put the cards on the contact paper and frame them. It looks pretty cool because it looks like a collage photo. I can put some pictures up if people are intrested.

I´ve given up on collecting years ago as well. Wish I got rid of all my Lindros rookies when they were actually worth the paper they´re printed on.

I've got two or three big binders full of hockey cards, most of them are probably worth absolutely nothing, but I still have them. I Havent bought a card or package of cards for about five years now..

As with everything in life, not just hockey cards, something is only worth as much as or as little as one is willing to pay for it.

Anyone collect the Panini NHL stickers? They go in a big sticker album. I remember doing these as a kid, and now my two kids are doing it for this season. Brought them home for my kids, and a month later even my little guy can name every team by logo. Propaganda? Sure, a bit, but we're having fun.

Old thread but i'll share anyway... I have quite a big collection too, most of it worth nothing, but these are a couple of the cards that have the most value in my collection. The Roy rookie card is worth about 300$ if memory serves well. That doesn't mean i could sell it for this price. I'm not planning on selling them anytime soon anyway.

IMG_6114.jpg

Funny this thread popped up: I was looking at some of my old cards when I was at home (my childhood home, anyone) over the holidays. I had a bunch of sets, but I also went through a long period of religiously collecting goalie rookie cards. There's some really cool stuff there -- more than I remembered, and neat imaginative fodder, I think, to pass on to the inevitable sprites. And if they're not into hockey, I can cash it all in and get myself a fabulous set of gear. Didn't have a Roy (hated him as a kid, don't like him much now) but I did have a Durnan, a Sawchuk, a Bower, and my treasured Vezina.

Every once in awhile Ill get the card bug and buy a few packs...havent found anything noteworthy lately other than a stamkos black diamond last year. I see them going on ebay for around 20 bucks occasionally but seems silly to go through the trouble of selling it on ebay when theres always a few already up there. I have bought a couple david krejci jersey/signature cards off ebay just because he's my favorite player but im not sure why I bother buying them..I dont really have much of a collection

I have some Topps sets from late 60s that I collected and put together as a kid. Then in the mid 80s I traded my Hockey News collection from 72 to 85 to a dealer. He offered me $150. I took a bunch of sets from him in trade, including 79 Topps to get the Gretzky, also a 70 Topps. I used to get the OPC sets from the 80s from a dealer in Winnipeg. When Upper Deck and the rest flooded the market in the early 90s it was the beginning of the end of collecting. Then I would go to card shows and collect subsets 70s/80s just goalies, just Euros, and just Vancouver Canucks, Colorado Rockies, LA Kings, Oakland Seals, Kansas City Scouts for the vintage jerseys on the cards. I still have them stashed away with my Marvel Comics collection from the late 60s.

Anyone who knows where one can get hockey cards valued online?

I went to my parents house the other day and found my old hockey card collection from the early/mid -90's.

The whole collection itself isn't very big, but i'll have a nice collection of ca 70 different Pavel Bure cards (my idol back then), some

which were really rare and 2 Cards that have Pavel Bures actual autograph.

It would be fun to see if they have any value (worth selling)

Same here, I was just at my parents place, and they wanted me to go through some boxes in the attic, and I found my hockey cards that I had collected almost 20 years ago. After some research, I've found they are worth pretty nothing. Oh well.

I was never a sports card guy, but for Xmas I got a book called Hockey Card Stories by Ken Reid. Lots of interesting short stories about players from the 70s and 80s who weren't household names. Honestly, the first chapter gets really boring, lots of "oh man, the 70s were crazy, we ate shit all the time and got super drunk after games. Look at that crazy mustache I had!" But, then it picks up. I'd recommend it for the $15 or $20 that it costs.