Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TBLfan

New gear in pro hockey(or gear sitings, lol)

Some of you will get the "sitings" part. I figured I'd try to get some talk going in this forum.

David McKee(velos)

71787753RL010_NHL_Rookie_To090902_1024x768.jpg

Grahame(itechs?!?!)

GrahameV3.jpg

Gerber(new RBKs)

M_Gerber.gif

Lundqvist(new TPS Response)

_DSC2628.jpg

Raycroft(new RBKs)

raycroft0607.jpg

Tim Thomas(new TPS Response and no more wire dangler on his mage)

capt.7bd1e804d14f46748db0e6af7ddb70ea.bruins_hockey_skate_mars103.jpg

Marcus Lundell(new vapor XXXs)

VASBY_060830_053.jpg

Toivenen(new Prodigys! Sick if you ask me!)

capt.1e815e345148463f8679066f4175b344.bruins_hockey_skate_mars101.jpg

Habby

Khabby2C20small.jpg

Sean Burke

Sean20Burke20small_edited-1.jpg

I didn't really leave too many pics for you guys to post but figured that since I'm bored I might as well do the searching for ya. So here's some new gear, discuss!

David McKee needs to ditch the little orange parts on his set, it's not flowing very well.

Lundqvist's Response pads looks nice but are they better than the summits or just a level under the summits?

Marcus Lundell's Vapors looks awesome! I always thought red and green combo would never look right in my head.

Toivenen's Prodigys doesn't look right at all. it's like a horrible mixture of urine and direhha

Sean Burke's brains looks weird. it reminds me of the first mission pads when they came out, what's the name of it?

I think the response is a new model that is more flat like the rbks(no knee rolls), I think they are basically on par with each other just different models.

I don't know I like Toivenen's Prodigys, well only the pads the blocker and catcher don't look nearly as good. But I'm a fan of Fleury's sport gold setup too.

off topic, but in that picture of Lundell, is that player holding a Koho stick?

Not diggin the new designs on Sean Buke's pads, too much dark and not enough light imo. Others look good though. I don't think Khabby's got a new set of pads for a while right? He's still in the Bauer Supremes or whatever you call it.

Theodore's pads

theoitech.jpg

Whoops...looks like that graphic has been done already...you be the judge.

I have been rendered utterly speechless. If I was ever a nut enough to play in goal then these would be my baby's!

Is it just me or does Lundel's glove look huge to anyone else? :rolleyes:

probably the angle of the picture when it was taken that makes the glove look bigger

Theodore's pads

theoitech.jpg

Whoops...looks like that graphic has been done already...you be the judge.

nahh the way itech did it looks better than the eagle fusions. that's exactly how eagle should have done it but itech did it.

I'm suprised you guys aren't talking more about the TPS Response pads graphic... I'm not sure if I like it, it's the "diving V" in reverse, pretty odd stock graphic if you ask me.

Agreed, but the diving V graphic was one of many graphics that was wanted by many so I'm thinking it might be pretty popular. Personally, I'm not a fan of it but it will be interesting to see how many will sell considering how well RBKs have been selling. I for one, like TPS and would love to see more of them in the pros and in beer leagues. They make a great product and they actually make it in the US.

I'm suprised you guys aren't talking more about the TPS Response pads graphic... I'm not sure if I like it, it's the "diving V" in reverse, pretty odd stock graphic if you ask me.

It kind of looks like its trying to match their player gloves a little bit

Agreed, but the diving V graphic was one of many graphics that was wanted by many so I'm thinking it might be pretty popular. Personally, I'm not a fan of it but it will be interesting to see how many will sell considering how well RBKs have been selling. I for one, like TPS and would love to see more of them in the pros and in beer leagues. They make a great product and they actually make it in the US.

I agree with you on TPS making great products. Extremely innovative stuff. But they always seem to miss the boat when it comes to making something that grabs the consumers (us goalies :) ) eye.

The Xceed line was outstanding but looked bad.

The Summit line seems fantastic but looks really bad.

The Response line seems to have at least taken a step in the right direction.

TPS needs to hire a graphics designer. Or steal the one that came up with all Brians graphics since the Beast series. OR have a graphics contest like Eagle did. Anything but what they are doing now...

I agree with you on TPS making great products. Extremely innovative stuff. But they always seem to miss the boat when it comes to making something that grabs the consumers (us goalies :) ) eye.

The Xceed line was outstanding but looked bad.

The Summit line seems fantastic but looks really bad.

The Response line seems to have at least taken a step in the right direction.

TPS needs to hire a graphics designer. Or steal the one that came up with all Brians graphics since the Beast series. OR have a graphics contest like Eagle did. Anything but what they are doing now...

I actually like the summit graphics, the xceed's graphic was god aweful... one thing they really need is someone coming up with good looking stock colors with their graphics. I'd also like to see more "risky" graphics like Brian's gear because you can always tone down the graphics by color choice. It would add more options for better aesthetics which would really turn some guys to make the jump to TPS. I've always been a fan of their stuff, but recently the quality has really caught my eye.