Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

McCabe24

06-07 Predictions

Phlly got quicker up front with small moves like Calder and Sanderson while Carter, Richards and Umberger should all improve. Add that to a little better situation in goal as far as the regular season goes and some positive news on the Forsberg health front and you have a team that will likely finish 4 or 5 and challenge for the division. In terms of their lack of mobility on defence, you really think the Islanders and Penguins can exploit that weakness over the course of eight games?

Phlly got quicker up front with small moves like Calder and Sanderson while Carter, Richards and Umberger should all improve. Add that to a little better situation in goal as far as the regular season goes and some positive news on the Forsberg health front and you have a team that will likely finish 4 or 5 and challenge for the division. In terms of their lack of mobility on defence, you really think the Islanders and Penguins can exploit that weakness over the course of eight games?

Obviously the Devils and Rangers can and I think that the Penguins will be able to as often as not.

Since when do the Devils and Rangers have any more depth than Philadelphia?

I know this wasn't in my original post but the top three teams in the Atlantic are just as flawed as each other.

I give New Jersey the advantage because their goalie and star player should be the most consistent and reliable over the course of the season.

Lundqvist was as, if not more consistent than Brodeur last year during the regular season, and Elias playing more consistently than Jagr? :angry:

In 15 years, I truly believe Lundqvist will go down as the best goalie in his era. And Jagr is Jagr. Watching him, the guy is obviously not in playing shape, yet has 4 pts in 2 games so far. Should have another 2 if Nylander or Rachunek could finish on the 2 on 1 passes he gave them

I agree, Theo, he doesn't look totally game ready...yet he looks the most game ready of any of the Rangers. Aside from Henry and my boy Adam Hall.

In 15 years, I truly believe Lundqvist will go down as the best goalie in his era.

Fleury, Lehtonen, Miller, Ward?

Luongo, Bryzgalov, Toivonen, Emery, plus about a dozen really strong prosepct. Its not that I don't agree with you, its just that there are so many good young goalies out there. Hell, Lundqvist might not even be the Ranger's starter in two or three years.

You all will see in due time. I understand the skepticism though.

Everything is there with him....The skill, the focus, the goals, motivation, and willingness to improve. His resume already speaks for itself.

Yeah, it's not so much that I don't agree with you here. But guys like Miller and Ward who are both younger, already have lead their teams far into the playoffs.

In 15 years, I truly believe Lundqvist will go down as the best goalie in his era.

Fleury, Lehtonen, Miller, Ward?

Luongo, Bryzgalov, Toivonen, Emery, plus about a dozen really strong prosepct. Its not that I don't agree with you, its just that there are so many good young goalies out there. Hell, Lundqvist might not even be the Ranger's starter in two or three years.

Sorry, Kos but I don't think I agree Lundqvist should even be catergorized with most of those guys. I think Bryz is good, but we need to see what else he can do. 1 playoff run isn't enough. Luongo is good, but was mired by being down in FL for the last few years. Somone mentioned Emery, but from what I could tell in last year's playoffs, he was responsible for more than his fair share of the goals against. As Theo said, Henry has proven himself. He had a strong year, was one of the deciding factors in getting his team into the playoffs that hadn't been there in years, he's won on the international stage. He's the real deal.

Are we forgetting Kipper? Would he not be a part of this pack? If so, I think he would be right there though.