Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
BK

Best bands that you're not listening to.

Gonna throw this out there Porcupine Trees new album Fear Of A Blank Planet is one of my favorite albums at the moment. Very good Progressve rock band, easy for Dream Theater fans to get into. Some of their other albums I suggest are Deadwing and In Abstena.

Also, Symphony X very good band. You cant go wrong with any of their albums, their soon to be released cd Paradise Lost looks to be very promising judging off of the material i have listened to.

You're +5 for Brand New is washed out by the -20 for Cute Is What We Aim For and their video alone.

WORD.

Also check out MY old band . We played some catchy poppy tunes. Played with cartel and my american heart, but probably sounded somewhere more along the lines of The Sleeping.

IRIS

www.myspace.com/iristheband

HelloGoodbyes drummers old band used to play with us, and his little brothers band is pretty good too. They are called:

A cursive memory

www.myspace.com/acursivememory.

Glassjaw fans should definitely check out this band called LetLive

LetLive

www.myspace.com/letlive

another great band from socal is called Fiore. They have a little CIRCA SURVIVE in them.

FIORE

www.myspace.com/fiore

Fans of early 2000 era AFI will probably like this band:

Thought Riot

www.myspace.com/thoughtriot

Fans of what Mack suggested probably wont have too hard of a time getting into this stuff.

Dredg, Deftones, Shai Hulud, Hopesfall, and Spitalfield are also some of my favorites.

For long road trips I suggest Blue Gene Tyranny, a pianist with hypnotic songs. If you're going to an away game, make sure to switch to something with a bit more energy as you near the rink so you don't stand around in a trance on the ice. :ph34r:

ha i dunno if that's him... guess it might be, but they also have howard cosell on their team so who knows... the link at the top goes to a record label site but it's not his label... would be pretty cool if he was into hockey...

ha i dunno if that's him... guess it might be, but they also have howard cosell on their team so who knows... the link at the top goes to a record label site but it's not his label... would be pretty cool if he was into hockey...

The name matches and I've heard word floating around the league that it's him, although I never really kept my eyes peeled for the hairy bastich. It's no secret that Matisyahu grew up playing, and still plays hockey when he gets the chance (try googling Matisyahu and hockey), but I can't tell you whether or not he was a full time player for that team. As far as I can tell, and from my experiences, a lot of the guys on that roster are in the music biz.

sigur ros played a show here this winter at the bass hall but I missed it.. by far the coolest act to play at that venue.. which is also awesome..

at the expense of staying on topic Battles

what area of the metroplex do you live in? battles is awesome by the way, love the new release.

Have been listening to El-p "I'll Sleep when you're dead" Its pretty good with parts by Trent Reznor and The Mars Volta

mars volta used to be good, they just seem so drawn out now.

yea a bit to much of the "free jazz in front of a festival audience" feel for me.. though I must admit there are pieces that are just awesome..

more rock mc5 and less endless noodling

I'm from the mean streets of bedford.. just west of the airport

Edited by toroytorero

Have been listening to El-p "I'll Sleep when you're dead" Its pretty good with parts by Trent Reznor and The Mars Volta

mars volta used to be good, they just seem so drawn out now.

And they keep releasing new albums too quickly... I think they're next one's in August, if I'm not mistaken.

I'd also second Porcupine Tree. A great album to start with would be Deadwing, which is my favorite that PT has done thus far.

EDIT: Looked back farther in the thread and Hockey is Hard suggested Rush, without mentioning 2112, which is their third best album (after Moving Pictures and A Farewell to Kings). The title track grabs you by the throat and never lets go for its entire 20 minute duration. Highly recommended.

Edited by sabre09923

Also, I'm listening to a bit of Death From Above 1979, anyone know of some bands with a similar sound?

Ever hear MSTRKRFT?

Also so more on my favorites are:

Against Me!

Blink 182

Catch 22

HORSE the band

MSTRKRFT

N.W.A ( Pretty much the only hip-hop I listen too. )

NOFX

Protest The Hero

Sublime

Thrice