Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
BK

Best bands that you're not listening to.

Somebody mentioned Worcester's own Four Year Strong like 20 pages ago.

Wormtown, baby! I still haven't gotten you that cd... if you really want, PM me your mailing addy, I can just zip 'em out media mail.

couple bands in heavy rotation lately...

The Red Chord... their new joint "Prey For Eyes" kicks my ass. They've certainly outdone themselves with this record.

Kingdom Of Sorrow...holy crap does this record shred. It's even cooler when your bud is playing in the band. Anyone in MA should make it out to the Palladium on 2/27.. it's going to be insane.

The Acacia Strain... another killer metal band out of Massachusetts (Damn I love our metal scene!)

Massachusetts is the kingdom of modern American metal. Killswitch, Unearth, Red Chord, Acacia, so much head banging goodness.

On the punk rock tip, I've had The Adicts on loop on my iTunes. Here's a nice link to a fan MySpace with some downloadable tuneage. Their cover of "You'll Never Walk Alone" gets me pumped and jacked.

In defense of Alexisonfire, their self titled album is great. Not as big of a fan of "Watch Out!"

Edited by Doctor Hook

I think I've just retired from anything made in the last 10 years that calls itself "hard." Other than 36 Crazyfists, but that's just me pulling for an Alaskan band.

I think I've just retired from anything made in the last 10 years that calls itself "hard." Other than 36 Crazyfists, but that's just me pulling for an Alaskan band.

I have my lighter days where I'll prefer some Red Sparrowes, Bright Eyes, Tegan & Sara, Sigur Ros, Battles, Pelican, Isis to hip hop and rap, to oldies like Orbison, and Presley. I do it all.

... I was just playing opening the riff from "Bloodwork" on the guitar last night while I was watching the Bruins game... it's one of my favorites to limber up to when I first start fiddling around. 36 Crazyfists are great.

Edited by AnthonyJTa

Completly slipped my mind. Ive never mentioned Jason Becker. He is a speed metal neo classical guitarist with absoultly insane shreading abilitys. Sadly at the age of 20 he was diagnosed with ALS or Lou Gehrigs Disease. He has been a stable state since 1997. I suggest checking out the album Perpetual Burn.

Revis http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=49670949

Finch www.myspace.com/finchmusic

Billy Talent www.myspace.com/billytalent

Silversun Pickups www.myspace.com/silversunpickups

Alexisonfire www.myspace.com/alexisonfire

Great Northern www.myspace.com/greatnorthern

Edited by sabby47

I'll add Tegan and Sara, they're my token chick band, solid pop rock stuff, if you're into that kind of thing. I see some "shred" guitarists have been listed, though probably my favorite of the bunch, Joe Satriani also deserves a mention.

Someone mentioned them earlier, but I've been listening to Placebo a fair bit recently. I really like their cover of "Big Mouth Strikes Again"

Yeah man i just grabbed "Once More With Feeling:(singles 94-04)" it's been on heavy rotation lately.

Sort of on topic...went and saw Breaking Benjamin and Three Days Grace tonight...fucking phenomenal show. I had seen Three Days Grace before, and loved them. Breaking Benjamin trumped them big time, by far the better of the two. Seether was also there, and was better than Three Days Grace as well. But damn...I went nuts when BBen played Blow Me Away...

Sort of on topic...went and saw Breaking Benjamin and Three Days Grace tonight...fucking phenomenal show. I had seen Three Days Grace before, and loved them. Breaking Benjamin trumped them big time, by far the better of the two. Seether was also there, and was better than Three Days Grace as well. But damn...I went nuts when BBen played Blow Me Away...

Breaking Benjamin is definitely a great band to see live. Sounds like a good concert though with those bands B)

Breaking Benjamin is definitely a great band to see live. Sounds like a good concert though with those bands B)

Yeah they were sick and nasty...like nasickty? IDK theres no word to describe it...will def. be traveling to see them again, always been a fan since around the time they released Saturate in 02.

Bumping Beloved (US) on my iTunes now. Forgot how great these dudes were.

There drummer sings in the band Advent now, check em out if youre into that sort of stuff.