Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
BK

Best bands that you're not listening to.

A band I like the sound of but nobody seems to have heard of is the Drive-by Truckers... kinda a gritty southern band. Think Sykard mixed with Metallica.

My music in the trucks CD changer...

#1 Metallica (mix of Black album, Load & Reload)

#2 Johnny Cash (mix of the american albums)

#3 Shooter Jennings (Electric Rodeo)

#4 Drive-by Trucker's (mix of Dirty Southern and Southern Opera)

#5 White Mansions/ Life and times of Jesse James

#6 Initial D (mix of OST from stage 1-4 plus the LAM)

Also, I'm listening to a bit of Death From Above 1979, anyone know of some bands with a similar sound?

Lightning Bolt is the closet sound and heaviness of a DFA1979... but not as good as DFA but DFA is in my top 3 of my favorite bands ever... R.I.P...

Im glad I got to see them before they broke up..

Also, I'm listening to a bit of Death From Above 1979, anyone know of some bands with a similar sound?

Lightning Bolt is the closet sound and heaviness of a DFA1979... but not as good as DFA but DFA is in my top 3 of my favorite bands ever... R.I.P...

Im glad I got to see them before they broke up..

saw Lightning Bolt here about 4 years ago. so awesome live.

The Opening act at Live Earth in NJ yesterday was pretty good, his name is Kenna. I downloaded one of his songs when I got home last night, it's called Out of Control

shinedown

They do a great version of Skynards Simple Man

As for oxygen, anyone who puts Rodrigo y Gabriela, Interpol, Daft Punk and Arcade fire up, are alright with me, although, putting that gobshite avril lavine on any kind of stage automatically means you lose some points.

My brother and sister go every year, then she has a chill out party back at her places (she lives in ranalagh now)

As for oxygen, anyone who puts Rodrigo y Gabriela, Interpol, Daft Punk and Arcade fire up, are alright with me, although, putting that gobshite avril lavine on any kind of stage automatically means you lose some points.

good calls.

Not really sure if you guys are into hip hop but:

Surreal & The Sound Providers

Surreal & DJ Balance

Lightheaded

I've also been playing the Method Man CD 4:21...The Day After in the car alot, great CD.

some of the stuff I've been frequenting on the iPhone lately...

-The Black Dahlia Murder "Unhallowed"... the cd is just brutal, ridiculous metal.. all in all, this album will eventually be a classic.

-The Red Chord "Clients"... fantastic cd, grind-esque, with a more "mall metal" twist.

-Darkest Hour "Deliver Us"... IS Darkest Hour back?? Nope... the is nothing special.

-Daft Punk "Musique Vol 1".. a fantastic collection for someone who's not an "avid" fan, all the essentials.

....the new Silverchair (as someone mentioned) is very "Diorama"-esque, borderline show-tunes, minus the fantastic piano playing.... if you're hoping for "Frogstomp 2", save your $12

Edited by AnthonyJTa

Oxegen was nice this year but the scheduling was just shit. At least there weren't as many apparent stabbings this year and we saw a few bands at the pub afterwards to boot.

Don't know if anybody here has a taste for country, but this band is fantastic and they are already pretty popular up here in Manitoba and some other provinces. The Corb Lund Band. Fantastic Old style country music but with a little bit of a new age twist.

I've seen him live 5 times including just last week at countryfest, he hands down was my favorite act all weekend and it's nice to see someone on stage with real genuine talent who actually sounds better live than they do on recordings.

They have some fantastic songs such as Hair in my eyes like a highland steer, all I wanna do is play cards and the halarious and fun Truck got Stuck song if anybody wants to check them out. I cant praise this band enough.

I've been listening to Slender Means non stop. They're a band from Washington state, and they're pretty damn good. So good.

They used to be called Lightheavyweight with a few different members, and the singer reminds me of Jeff Buckley.

Picked up the new Explosions in the Sky, Funeral for a Friend, Smashing Pumpkins, and Shadows Fall joints. Great month for music, certainly makes my hour+ commute go by better.