Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

M-Cohen

"Phelps" Family.

WOW, I think the worst thing about this family is that they use religion as a guise for their obvious hatred toward people different from them. Gay people don't choose to be gay, as much as black people don't choose their skin color, but the Phelps family does not see that, and I would be willing to bet they have never actually met a gay person in their entire lives. The God that they talk about seems to be a God that is concerned with punishing and excluding people from Heaven, this is not the message that Jesus preached though, Jesus said that "whatsoever you do unto the least of my breathren you do unto me" and he would often be found in the company of people that would be seen as on the outside of mainstream society. The message these people miss is that that religion is about love for your fellow man, not hate. Jesus actually forgave the people that tortured and murdered him, to actually think his love could not also include gays and and many other people see a taboo is ridiculous to me.

Has anyone seen these people? I personally think their nuts, does anyone here agree with their "scripture"? For the people that havent seen/heard of them, here are a few videos.

Video 1

Video 2

No sane human being with any sense of decency agrees with their beliefs.

Typical zealot...my God is stronger than yours...perfect example why more people have been killed in the name of God (any God, take your pick) than anything else.This lady preaches hate, that's about it.

WOW, I think the worst thing about this family is that they use religion as a guise for their obvious hatred toward people different from them. Gay people don't choose to be gay, as much as black people don't choose their skin color, but the Phelps family does not see that, and I would be willing to bet they have never actually met a gay person in their entire lives. The God that they talk about seems to be a God that is concerned with punishing and excluding people from Heaven, this is not the message that Jesus preached though, Jesus said that "whatsoever you do unto the least of my breathren you do unto me" and he would often be found in the company of people that would be seen as on the outside of mainstream society. The message these people miss is that that religion is about love for your fellow man, not hate. Jesus actually forgave the people that tortured and murdered him, to actually think his love could not also include gays and and many other people see a taboo is ridiculous to me.

so your telling me you believe gay people are born that way. I have no problem with gay people i actually am a gay marriage supporter, but i have a hard time agreeing with people that believe people are born gay. Dont mean to interupt this thread if i do

I don't think sexuality is an acquired taste though. While I don't see it as something as cut-and-dry as skin colour, I think it's closer to that thinking than it is to being something that can be accredited to environment. I doubt many gay people grew up with an environment that pushed them to their sexuality. I'm sure there are triggers for it though as I think it's just something dormant like anyone's sexuality.

I've posted before that I am not religious, but one thing I picked up on while perusing the Bible is the big guy picked up a PR firm from the Old Testament and the New; i.e., he went from being very vengeful and spiteful to -- through his progeny -- loving, nurturing and tolerant. Thus, it seems pretty amusing that a family whose idea of a good time is being curled up by the fire with a double latte and the Bible, didn't pick up on those nuances. They're somewhat exclusive ideals.

Regarding gays, I think some are Nature and some are Nurture -- I just don't know what percentage. Part of it is dependent on what truly is the percentage of gays in our society. Some of the numbers bandied about seem a tad high based on examples in other species.

Open up a can of crazy and she's what you find inside!!

She may as well claim its God will for everyone to wear white capes with long pointy hoods... I'm not religious but using 'God' as reasoning for that kind of behaviour is sick.