Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

I'm a Porsche whore - would like to have one of each model but that's not currently financially do-able!

Daily Driver:  1989 Porsche 928 S4

Weekend Toy:  1968 Porsche 912 Coupe

Wife's family machine:  2007 Santa Fe

Do all the work on them myself!

Dad had a 912 for a while, nice little car. I've been keeping my eye open for a good deal on one.

they're fun cars - don't expect lots of power though! Very balanced and light cars, unlike early 911's which are very tail-happy. The key is finding one with no/little rust. They all came out before galvinization (1976 is when they started) so they can litterally disintegrate if not maintained properly.

Extremely easy to work on - there are no electronics - everything is manual. Everytime I drive it I get a thumbs-up or a nice comment. Quite rare around here. Brutal to drive in the Texas summer though... I am very involved in the 912 and 928 community so if you are ever interested in one Chadd, let me know and I can put you in touch with someone local who can check it out for you.

Edited by tbintexas

I'm a Porsche whore - would like to have one of each model but that's not currently financially do-able!

nice, my friends dad has two 928s, what the 0-60 on thosetwo porsches?

well, I actually have 2 928's but my 86.5 is being written off next week due to being rear-ended. The 1989 is taking its place. Anyways, they are NOT 0-60 cars, rather they are high-speed GT cars designed to cruse the autobahn at triple-digit speeds all day, while being very comfortable. 0-60 is around 6 seconds with a top speed of 165-170MPH. This is without any super or turbocharging of course ;) They really are geared for 80+ and can corner like crazy. Extremely stable at speed.

Depending on the years of 928's your friends dad has, they can be anything from 220HP to 350HP. Many people don't realize they are all V8's though.

The 912 - no clue, other than it's well over 10 seconds :) They are underpowered (only 115HP) but are very light and nimble. They feel fast though - going at 60MPH in the 912 feels like 120MPH in the 928! Not that I've ever gone that fast or faster of course, this is in theory hehe... ! (wink)

well, I actually have 2 928's but my 86.5 is being written off next week due to being rear-ended. The 1989 is taking its place. Anyways, they are NOT 0-60 cars, rather they are high-speed GT cars designed to cruse the autobahn at triple-digit speeds all day, while being very comfortable. 0-60 is around 6 seconds with a top speed of 165-170MPH. This is without any super or turbocharging of course ;) They really are geared for 80+ and can corner like crazy. Extremely stable at speed.

Depending on the years of 928's your friends dad has, they can be anything from 220HP to 350HP. Many people don't realize they are all V8's though.

The 912 - no clue, other than it's well over 10 seconds :) They are underpowered (only 115HP) but are very light and nimble. They feel fast though - going at 60MPH in the 912 feels like 120MPH in the 928! Not that I've ever gone that fast or faster of course, this is in theory hehe... ! (wink)

Not 0-60 cars? Drive a GTS and tell me that.

Not 0-60 cars? Drive a GTS and tell me that.

I have driven GTS's. I'm not saying they're not 0-60 cars, but that's not what they were designed for. Their gearing is more for higher-end than lower 0-60 or 1/4 mile times like the typical 'muscle cars'.

I've got a 68 Mercury M-100 pickup and a 68 Mercury Cougar XR7. Of course the Cougar has spent more time on jack stands this year than mobile, but that don't count right?

Commuter/wife's car is a 2000 Passat. Might have to ditch it though, its getting to the expensive to maintain stage.

Stage I or II?? you wouldn't happen to be around on M3forum.com would you??

Stage 1.....5.5psi.

No M3Forum for me. I browse e46fanatics, but dont post.

nice, I was wondering if I might have seen it posted by accident. Any other mods??

03 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

...Soon to be Touchscreen/Navi up front

...and baby seat in the back.

At least that's a better vehicle for a kid than a guy I work with...twins in an Aveo. *yikes*

I turned 100,000 miles on my '98 Subaru Outback on the way to work this morning. I just need another 100,000 out of it and then I can start to think about how to afford another car.

At least that's a better vehicle for a kid than a guy I work with...twins in an Aveo. *yikes*

And a Baby On Board thing in the back. Or the Garfield ones.

Well, at least you won't need one of those pulldown shade things with your tints.

And a Baby On Board thing in the back. Or the Garfield ones.

Well, at least you won't need one of those pulldown shade things with your tints.

Funny you mention it...the guy with twins has TWO "Baby on Board" signs...and pull down shades on both sides.

nice, I was wondering if I might have seen it posted by accident. Any other mods??

Besides the AA tuning:

BBS LM

Bilstein PSS9s

SS Headers

Eisenmann Section 1, 2, and Race Exhaust

Rogue Engineering Octane Shift kit

Predator Chromium

Im desperately needing a BBK. The UUC/Wilwood is looking pretty damn tempting at this moment.

Edited by Thockey17

Besides the AA tuning:

BBS LM

Bilstein PSS9s

SS Headers

Predator Chromium

Im desperately needing a BBK. The UUC/Wilwood is looking pretty damn tempting at this moment.

sweet setup, and good luck with the big brake kit!! M3 with LM's =bow.gif

Besides the AA tuning:

BBS LM

Bilstein PSS9s

SS Headers

Predator Chromium

Nice. I got a pair of limited edition BBS LM's in Gold for my R32 GTR. Buddy of mine found the wheels in Japan, got them shipped back home and have 275/30 and 245/40 Pilot Sports on them.

I love M3's though, my friend bought himself a new M3 after his first year of working out of University, and that made me want one bad. Love the sound of the inline 6, which is half the reason I ended up getting a Skyline.

sweet setup, and good luck with the big brake kit!! M3 with LM's =bow.gif

Thanks. I really want some Vorsteiner CSL parts, but if i do one...i'll want all of them.

Nice. I got a pair of limited edition BBS LM's in Gold for my R32 GTR. Buddy of mine found the wheels in Japan, got them shipped back home and have 275/30 and 245/40 Pilot Sports on them.

I love M3's though, my friend bought himself a new M3 after his first year of working out of University, and that made me want one bad. Love the sound of the inline 6, which is half the reason I ended up getting a Skyline.

mmmmmhm, the things i'd do for some gold LM's. Easily my favorite rim of all time.

Just imaging that same I6 but with a Rotrex supercharger flowing through 4 83mm titanium exhaust pipes. :)

Edited by Thockey17

I don'ts gots no car :(

Hoping to get a Supra when I pass though (Fingers crossed)

Good luck on insurance!

I know thats the big thing, whatever reg it is it's going to be pretty old, I tried one of those internet insurance calculator things and it ended up 5 G's (3 litre version though) I know I'll probobly end up with a 306 which ain't bad at all really plus all my firends are choosing to go 1 litre and below :D