Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

When I'm at school my 1990 Lincoln Continental because it sits out on the street for 9 months out of the year surrounded by 8000 other college students who couldn't give a damn if they hit it or scratch it or total it when they're driving drunk (Not to mention getting buried in snow and sitting there for weeks). I got it for $700 and it looked almost new. A great first car and I'll drive it until it dies.

I've got a 97 Nissan Maxima SE which I leave at home. I got it for $5k from my uncle and it will replace the Lincoln when the time comes. For now I just drive it during the summer.

Cool, how fast is it? I just got my comp license this summer, got a lot of seat time in my Uncles car, so far I've been upper 8's @ 154 on drag radials and it's a blast.

I've only taken it down the track 4 times so I haven't been able to run it all out yet. The best ET it's had so far is 10.71 but I wasn't driving it then. I had it up to 126 on my last run but I was late going into 3rd so it should have a little more left. We are in the process of building a new engine that should put it in the 9's hopefully.

Might as well post this again :)

skylineyd7.jpg

Mods are Apex'I power intakes, Apex'I GT spec 4" exhaust, 17x8 SSR Professor wheels with Yokohama tires, a random turbo timer, N1 headlights, N1 front bumper, setrab oil cooler, OS Giken twin plate clutch. Has a blown front turbo so they're getting swapped out for GT2871R's and a big intercooler.

It's going through it's OOP inspection as we speak, and I should pick it up later today or tomorrow at the latest :)

92 honda accord 4 door. Broken into a total of 6 times already. My windows don't go up all the way because the motor has been damaged so much. I can't wait to finish school and buy a decent car.

99 Honda Civic coupe, just got it a few weeks ago.

I put in an exhaust, short intake ram, head unit, sound system.

Kinda like a project car, that I drive a lot.

96' Ford Probe, Black, 5-speed. gets decent mileage, drives really easy, and it's a stick, so it makes driving more fun. I'd like to mod the headlights so they only pop up about 2 inches, and put some really low-profile lamps in the housing. Anyone know if this is possible?

Currently a 2006 Tahoe to haul the kids and their hockey gear around, but I am going to be looking to pick up a 2 seater of some sort to run around town in. (corvette or porsche)

What kind of Porsche? There is a large difference between a boxter and a Carrera GT.

I don't think he could deduce that there is a large difference between a model with an MSRP of $49,000 and 460,000 dollar super car. :rolleyes:

Well obviously, but if you say you are "interested in a Porsche" that could mean anything. Obviously I was exaggerating with the Carrera GT, but how bout this: There is a huge difference between a boxter and a Carrera Turbo. Better?

Any recommendations between the Nissan Versa, Honda Fit and Toyota Matrix for hauling two hockey bags to games? This doesn't seem like the kind of thread with these kinds of cars being discussed, but thought I'd ask anyhow.

96' Ford Probe, Black, 5-speed. gets decent mileage, drives really easy, and it's a stick, so it makes driving more fun. I'd like to mod the headlights so they only pop up about 2 inches, and put some really low-profile lamps in the housing. Anyone know if this is possible?

Can be done. Two ways. Either redo the wiring so the cycle is shorter or change the gearing on the motor that less motion is done for the same cycle length.

DSCN2492.jpg

2001 Ford Explorer Sport.

It's no Porsche, but has lots of room for my drums...and everyone else's hockey gear when they need a ride to the stadium. :D

Edited by davis

On order from Chesapeake Bay, VA: 2007 Volvo S60 T5 (Black/Black). Hooray for obscure import tuning!

What kind of Porsche? There is a large difference between a boxter and a Carrera GT.

Nothing special...would like to find a 1999 or newer Carrera (with moderate to high miles)

Nothing special...would like to find a 1999 or newer Carrera (with moderate to high miles)

A Carrera isn't a 2 seater, unless you're talking about a GT3.

It is a good time to buy 996's, though. Just get it inspected and specifically watch out for ones with RMS.