Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

holy shit rust, just read your story. How would it affect your premium? MI insurance is no fault but how about the ladY's?

No clue. Still up in the air on everything. She's contesting the fact I'm out of state as being incompetant to the situation (non-resident, no familiarity with the roads) and is suing for thousands in medical costs, I'm arguing she must have thought she was still on 95 with how fast she was going and should be double-faulted for this shit.

Still not in the body shop, 10 days until I was scheduled to be out of here, 16 to X-mas. Lookin like Christmas alone in my shitty PA apartment.

1992 Acura Integra GS - 230 000Km

This after another 1992 Acura Integra GS that had 320 000Km. Sold that one cause the heat didn't work anymore (necessity for our canadian winter), and would have cost more to fix than the value of the car.

I'm rydin' durrty in a 2000 Malibu.

It's a bit worse for the wear now than it was a week ago, though - one of my teammates backed down the passenger side pretty good. I usually park at his house and ride to the rink with him most days. Unfortunately, he muffed the "launch" last week and wound-up sideswiping my car while we were backing out of his driveway. I've got a few nice gouges in the panels and my entire front passenger door is dented-in and won't open from the outside (I think the handle just came "detached" - one of these days when I've got nothing else to do I might try to fix it myself).

He was pretty bummed about it; felt really bad. He was kinda surprised when I got out and started laughing - but my rationale was "It's not like I'm driving a Beemer...and the damage isn't too bad...so I'm not going to make a big deal over it because 1) it's really not worth the trouble, 2) no sense letting something stupid ruin my/our day, 3) I don't want to risk making things weird - not only from the "friend," but the "teammate" prospective, as well."

He drives a nice new Jeep Commander, so I was really more worried about his car (which was fine).

He bought the coffee on the way to the rink that day and insisted on picking-up my tab when a bunch of us went out the other night, so...

I'm riding in a 2009 Malibu rental while my car is in the shop. I think I'd rather have your 2000, this car is a pile.

No surprises huh? Chevy is still as bad?

I'm only 6 feet tall, I have to literally slide out of the car since they decided on using 8" windows for style. Said windows take 25 seconds to roll down, longer if you're trying to do multiple at once. The little pop-open compartment in front of the shift knob only opens halfway.

So many small things that someone with half a brain could have said "that makes NO sense".

QC for the big 3 domestics has come a LLLLOOOONNNGGGG way in 20 years, but the smaller things such as ergonomics still have a ways to go to be on par with Toyota, and especially Honda.

I'm riding in a 2009 Malibu rental while my car is in the shop. I think I'd rather have your 2000, this car is a pile.

I like mine. Granted, I'd rather be driving a Beemer or Benz...but I'm still a kid - I just need my car to get me to the rink everyday and have enough trunk space for my golf clubs. The thing is in good shape (except for the results of my buddy's little mishap); I can't complain.

i got 2 more years but i cant wait because i get my dad mini cooper s. The s model hauls butt and has amazing handling. But im gona save up and get a cheap beater truck to haul my 2 dirt bikes.

Edited by ncbrock

With the new year coming up its about time for me to get a new truck. Seems like an annual thing now, and since I just smashed my current truck into a guard rail it seems about time to move on. I really like the new Avalanches and Tahoes but I think I might go in the diesel directed because I recently purchased a 25" fifth.

anyone driving an 08 sts awd? i am lookin at trading in my 300, and getting one. i found one with 5200 miles on it for 30000 off the sticker. hows the traction on snow and all that jazz? i know an awd is and awd but i saw a sts or cts awd struggeling bad with the snow this weekend and i dont know if it was drivers error or lack of taction. anything i should be aware of? thanks if anyone has any input for me

anyone driving an 08 sts awd? i am lookin at trading in my 300, and getting one. i found one with 5200 miles on it for 30000 off the sticker. hows the traction on snow and all that jazz? i know an awd is and awd but i saw a sts or cts awd struggeling bad with the snow this weekend and i dont know if it was drivers error or lack of taction. anything i should be aware of? thanks if anyone has any input for me

Don't forget tires make a giant difference, who knows if he wasn't on summer UHP's or something.