Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

Make fun of grand marquis's all you want but its actually the mintest shape car at that age ive seen without any restoration. I paid 3000 for it, it works great and looks good too, its a daily driver that im using to get me to school so i dont need (or can afford) a bmw or an audi. The only thing im doing to it is a bit of a window tint and maybe some flow master mufflers, i have dual exhaust on it now from the factory.

I wanted to see what people's opinion was of window tinting? I have to have it done bc I live in S. Cal now and my interior gets too damn hot, but I need to decide how dark to get and whether to go with ceramic or metallic tint. I'd appreciate any opinions on the subject.

I wanted to see what people's opinion was of window tinting? I have to have it done bc I live in S. Cal now and my interior gets too damn hot, but I need to decide how dark to get and whether to go with ceramic or metallic tint. I'd appreciate any opinions on the subject.

Make sure it doesn't violate any laws. Around here you're limited on the degree of tint and they're not bashful about writing tickets.

I dont know about your laws but in Canada just about everyone under the age of 25 has most if not all of there windows tinted 5% black, im just doing my back seat and rear window though to play it safe because its illegal to tint the fronts for a multiple of reasons, one being driver viability and 2 being so the police can get a description of the driver. I would suggest taking your vehicle to someone to get it done unless your good at it, its really tricky and cheap tint looks like crap, its purple no matter whats on the box and it almost always bubbles within a few days.

+1. It looks great, but if it's illegal in your state, most cops are pretty anal about it.

THockey how's the new ride coming along?

Beating the living hell out of it. Took a dip into a wonderful NYC pothole which swallowed up the VRS lip, so the front end is back to stock.

Stock 19's have been replaced with HRE Monoblok's and a Brembo BBK. Other than that, nothing has changed on the exterior. The interior is stock except for the alcantara BMW Performance steering wheel with digital readout

If weather permits, i'll have some new pics this weekend.

Edited by Thockey17

Beating the living hell out of it. Took a dip into a wonderful NYC pothole which swallowed up the VRS lip, so the front end is back to stock.

Stock 19's have been replaced with HRE Monoblok's and a Brembo BBK. Other than that, nothing has changed on the exterior. The interior is stock except for the alcantara BMW Performance steering wheel with digital readout

You like it better than your E46 and E60?

That's the main reason NJ outlawed it. A state trooper pulled over a car with fully tinted windows, and since you couldn't see inside, this gave the guy enough time to pull out a gun and shoot the state trooper.

You like it better than your E46 and E60?

Its too hard to choose one, they're all pretty great cars. All my cars have been pretty heavily modified, but the stock E92 platform is probably my favorite so far.

9fslqe.jpg

Edited by Thockey17
  • Like 1

Very, very smexy.

+1.

Anyone know of any home-made ways to remove small-to-medium-sized dents from cars? I tried the air duster and hair dryer trick, to no success...maybe going to try the dry ice method next, but any other ideas?

Wouldn't be caught dead in a Toyota for that kind of money.

The stable is pretty much set, unless of course an F40 can be had for the 'right' price...

You were considering an IS-F though. Wouldn't the LF-A perform better and be as luxurious as anything German in its price range? Just because it's Japanese?

EDIT: I just assumed the LF-A was competing with the GT-R at around $100k, for $400k I understand, even though everyone who drives it raves about it.

And I'm not trying to get into an argument about your money or your parents or anything but you could seriously afford an F40?

What would be the right price for one of those? like $500k?

Edited by pat19

Everybody raves about the GT-R (including me) however nobody has said anything spectacular about the LF-A, especially considering its price tag.

The "right" price for an F40 is around $400K at the moment depending on what you want.

Everybody raves about the GT-R (including me) however nobody has said anything spectacular about the LF-A, especially considering its price tag.

The "right" price for an F40 is around $400K at the moment depending on what you want.

"The best car that I’ve ever driven in my life as a car journalist. It is an absolute gem, it is amazing…and I think it’s a real shame that they’re only going to build only 500 pieces of it, of this masterpiece.

And I honestly think that every car nut…that wants the best cars ever made in his garage, that this one, this car should be in it…next to Pagani Zondas, McLaren F1s, what have you, Porsche GT3 RS, Carrera GT, this one should be sitting next to these cars in the garage of a guy that really understands his cars. Period."

I understand this is one person's opinion, I'm just saying I've heard good things. I mean the car's obviously not even out yet so there isn't much to go by.

Edited by pat19

And I'm not trying to get into an argument about your money or your parents or anything but you could seriously afford an F40?

What would be the right price for one of those? like $500k?

Hence the reason why I put "For the right price"

$400k for this thing is a joke, simply put. So many options out there for that kind of money.

Except for the Bugatti Veyron, Pagani Zonda, and Koenigsegg, you can buy just about any current production car for less than the Lexus. As it's about time for F40's to have their fuel bladders replaced again, now isn't necessarily a bad time to look. May as well look at a 288 GTO as well :)