Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

Getting divorced, figured I would do something nice for myself. Been driving two 4runners since 1997...

Not a fan of the black rims, they'll probably end up being my track rims. I am obsessed with the other Carrera S rims, probably will pick those up in a few months.

I thought transporting hockey gear might be an issue, it's no problem at all.

911o.jpg

Just installed a new clutch in my (in 5 months) 93 Ford Ranger. Got the truck for $500, the clutch and master cylinder were $250 at Pep Boys and the truck is like brand new now Now the only thing screwing me over is gas prices. Can't wait to start driving it

My wonderful non catch on fire Fiero back in Augusta.

I'm always on the lookout for a cheap one. I miss mine, it was a great car.

Just getting my truck the way I want it. Mileage sucks, but oh well, it does everything I ask of it, and its great for going up to the snow in Tahoe.

IMAG0023.jpg

• Like 1

Just getting my truck the way I want it. Mileage sucks, but oh well, it does everything I ask of it, and its great for going up to the snow in Tahoe.

Nice truck, looks just like my 2007, what year is yours?

Mines a 2007 also, although they haven't really changed the look of them at all. I rattlecanned all of the silver trim pieces, besides the mirrors. It's an easy mod, and makes the truck look 100% better!

They discontinued the blue last year so I'm really trying to take care of mine. I just put some of the predator bars on because my wife was complaining every time she climbed in.

Yeah, they replaced it with that cavalry blue. The new blue looks pretty cool too though. Have you gone on fjcruiserforums.com? There are some awesome ideas for mods on there.

Yeah, they replaced it with that cavalry blue. The new blue looks pretty cool too though. Have you gone on fjcruiserforums.com? There are some awesome ideas for mods on there.

That's where I got the predator bars, they were $200 or so shipped to my door. I was just browsing a bit there earlier today.

I really think they should make a drop top version of that FJ Cruiser. There is a shortage of drop top SUVs these days, where you used to have Wranglers, Broncos, Defenders, FJs, K5s, etc.

There is an independent company that will turn an fj into a convertible. It's really expensive iirc.

There is an independent company here in California that will turn an fj into a convertible. It's really expensive iirc.

There is an independent company that will turn an fj into a convertible. It's really expensive iirc.

There is an independent company here in California that will turn an fj into a convertible. It's really expensive iirc.

I'd like to make the back half bolt-on like a jeep hardtop, but that's way out of my league. When it's paid off I will probably put in one of the panorama sun roofs. I've seen a couple of those documented in topics on FJCF and they look pretty good. One front and one in the back would be almost as good as taking the top off.

Getting divorced, figured I would do something nice for myself. Been driving two 4runners since 1997...

Not a fan of the black rims, they'll probably end up being my track rims. I am obsessed with the other Carrera S rims, probably will pick those up in a few months.

I thought transporting hockey gear might be an issue, it's no problem at all.

You've really had no problems toting gear? What about sticks? Any chance you have tried carrying golf clubs? The reason I ask is that I'm buying a new car and have it down to a really low mileage 09 Carrera or an MB E550 coupe. The MB has a ton more cargo room, but driving the Porsche is just so sweet I don't know if I can say no.

Thinking of doing some mods on my 2006 mazda 3, 5 speed. Car is almost done being paid off, and I wanted to get some more HP out of it.

Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing or done work to a similar car?

Thinking of doing some mods on my 2006 mazda 3, 5 speed. Car is almost done being paid off, and I wanted to get some more HP out of it.

Anyone have any experience with this sort of thing or done work to a similar car?

I've been in the Mazda3 game since '06, how involved were you looking to get with your car? Here's my current Mazda, it looks stock but I regularly surprise some pretty quick cars, its more go than show.

plymouthms3.jpg

I've been in the Mazda3 game since '06, how involved were you looking to get with your car? Here's my current Mazda, it looks stock but I regularly surprise some pretty quick cars, its more go than show.

sick ride man, is that a mazdaspeed? those cars are amazing fast, and weight next to nothing...

looking to start with small mods. currently sitting at 150 hp and 135 lb feet torque. Wouldn't mind getting upto about 200-250 HP.

Affordable is key right now, maybe a few 100 dollars.

Edited by farhanshak

sick ride man, is that a mazdaspeed? those cars are amazing fast, and weight next to nothing...

looking to start with small mods. currently sitting at 150 hp and 135 lb feet torque. Wouldn't mind getting upto about 200-250 HP.

Affordable is key right now, maybe a few 100 dollars.

You won't be above 200 hp without adding forced induction (turbocharger or supercharger), unfortunately. Basic bolt-on upgrades, along with a little weight reduction, go a long way in transforming the Mazda3's. A cold-air or short ram intake, coupled with a free flowing exhaust (headers and a cat-back), will give you maybe 15 or so HP as well as add a little more audible feedback from the car. Lightening up the car with a decent set of aftermarket wheels, coupled with sticky tires and a rear sway bar absolutely transform these cars, however. If you check a forum like mazda3forums.com, you can find some awesome deals on used parts, which is really the best way to go about modifying cars cost-effectively (used high-quality parts > cheap, new, ebay parts).

And thanks for the compliments. My MS3 is bolted-on, with a tune and stock turbo. It's quick enough where I can play around with some heavy hitters on the highway, its a lot of fun.