Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

Ah. The Ultimate Driving Machine(s). Well done sir.

I was actually REALLY impressed by the X1. Reviews are all good, too.

That's actually my second 135i. Had a 2008, this is a 2012.

Wrecked my Saab 9-3, looking for a VW TDI Golf or Jetta SportWagon or gas Golf. Budget is very tight if anyone has a lead please send it to me.

Edited by SirJW

I'm curious to see how the 1's do in the long run. They definitely appeal to the crowd that wants top-notch luxury without taking on a mortgage to afford such machinery.

I'm more than happy. Same engine as the 335i but in a smaller sportier body. Part of me says to grow up into an adults car, but these things are just too damn FUN. Like I mentioned earlier, once my student loan is gone I have the OK from the wife for the M3 :)

She traded in her 2011 Subaru Outback for the X1. She seems pretty happy so far. We'll miss the cargo capacity and the AWD but.. oh well.

Nice bike. My first bike was a Dyna and had no problem getting used to it. I feel your pain on the snow. Northern Alberta has a ton. I was in southern Alberta last week and saw lots of guys out on bikes already.

I was about to buy a Dyna myself actually, it had a lot of things done to it though and a big bore (it was a 96) and my father learned firsthand sometimes too big of a bore can ruin those cranks so I just stuck with something newer without the motor opened up. Just got the newer, smaller bike for now, probably move up to a Dyna or something of that nature in a few summers, maybe even a V-Max.

I'm more than happy. Same engine as the 335i but in a smaller sportier body. Part of me says to grow up into an adults car, but these things are just too damn FUN. Like I mentioned earlier, once my student loan is gone I have the OK from the wife for the M3 :)

She traded in her 2011 Subaru Outback for the X1. She seems pretty happy so far. We'll miss the cargo capacity and the AWD but.. oh well.

And that's my beef with luxury cars of German heritage. You have to pay an arm and leg for cabin/trunk space haha. May be one day I'll be blessed enough to have my own Audi/BMW/MB.

And that's my beef with luxury cars of German heritage. You have to pay an arm and leg for cabin/trunk space haha. May be one day I'll be blessed enough to have my own Audi/BMW/MB.

My hockey bag fits. That's all that matters, right? :)

Looking to trade in the Wrangler for a Mini Cooper S. Anyone have any experience with these?

I drove the non-turbo cooper as a rental once. Was gutless, as you'd expect. But you could really tell that the turbo version would be a whole hell of a lot of fun. They're also made by BMW (you can tell by some of the recycled interior parts). I'd drive one.

Looking to trade in the Wrangler for a Mini Cooper S. Anyone have any experience with these?

If you're going new, check into the John Cooper version of the mini.

Not being able to skate for the last year has saved me so much in sticks + ice time that I could go from this:

to this:

There also a way to skate, buy sticks, and a new ride

gs350wolfs.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

• Like 1

sharks25: that is beautiful. I'm not usually a big fan of sporty BMWs (black wheels, etc) but that one is sharp. I like the clear/blacked out front signals.

greech: zomg that is sexy. Just a BIT of an upgrade ;) Congrats! Is that space gray?

$T2eC16F,!)0E9s37FbYKBRIvWE0-V!~~_4.JPG

2007 VW Rabbit, won this on ebay, for 3-4K less than any other comparable VW. When improvements are needed such as springs or exaust, I will be upgrading them. Hopefully it takes good care of me! I had an 89 GTI new for 12 plus years and loved that car....

I picked up an older conversion van last week. I figured for the price, it wasn't a bad deal and I could use it for our upcoming hockey tournament and maybe some concert trips over the summer. The interior is in fantastic shape, just need to get some floor mats and maybe upgrade the stereo, if I can do it for a reasonable price.

• Like 1

sharks25: that is beautiful. I'm not usually a big fan of sporty BMWs (black wheels, etc) but that one is sharp. I like the clear/blacked out front signals.

greech: zomg that is sexy. Just a BIT of an upgrade ;) Congrats! Is that space gray?

Thank you! The amber reflectors have a matte black vinyl wrap. I hated the amber look, and apparently the previous owner did too :)

Not being able to skate for the last year has saved me so much in sticks + ice time that I could go from this:

8249624545_53ca174742_z.jpg

to this:

8439093652_74bf5e1984_z.jpg

NEEDS MOOOAAARR LOOOOWWWW!!!!!!

In all seriousness, thats a beautiful machine, man.

It's a huge upgrade in all aspects of the car, but performance wise it's only reinforced how good a well modded speed3 drives. I drove the M3 all weekend and jumped into the speed and while it certainly doesn't have the top end (140+ mph) of the BMW, it really moves.

Greech, I'll take your Speed3!!

For serious though, 2010 with all options from that year, 23k miles, garage kept toy with plenty of tasteful mods. It's certainly gotta go.

Keep the Wrangler. I just got back into one after a long hiatus. Black/black JKU. Love it. 2.5" lift and 35s are the next step.