Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

kk2- You'd be surprised what people who know what they're doing can do with forced intake systems to get the torque curve to flatten nicely. Most of my beef is with the Volvo setup anyway. The boost doesn't kick in until upwards of 2500 revs and the throttle tip-in is so horrible I have to use the accelerator in the parking lot to inch along. Idling won't move the car unless I'm on a hill.

Spreedizzle- I'm going used and probably going for something just north of $10k. I need to see how much I can get for trade-in on my Volvo though.

kk2- You'd be surprised what people who know what they're doing can do with forced intake systems to get the torque curve to flatten nicely. Most of my beef is with the Volvo setup anyway. The boost doesn't kick in until upwards of 2500 revs and the throttle tip-in is so horrible I have to use the accelerator in the parking lot to inch along. Idling won't move the car unless I'm on a hill.

Spreedizzle- I'm going used and probably going for something just north of $10k. I need to see how much I can get for trade-in on my Volvo though.

Isn't an A6 gonna be pretty old and beat up for $10k?

No. My Volvo was $8k and it was a 2001. I was looking through listings and found some deals hovering around $15k for '02 or '03 models with less than 60k miles. I figure $10k cash with at least $5k trade-in. My heart's not set on an Audi, but after driving a $40k euro wagon, I don't think a Taurus is in my immediate future.

I found a great deal on a great looking CTS as well, but I'm just more drawn to wagons.

Sounds great....but the A6 Avant is a tough body style to find in America unfortunately. Especially since I personally think that the Avant looks better than the sedan.

It wasn't just the behavior at the pedal. Call me crazy, but I adhere to the turbo stipulations about warmup and cool down times pretty stringently. Start the car, let it sit a minute and drive it like gramps until the temp gauge pops up into the warm section, let the car sit for a minute after having the car on the highway for more than 30 minutes or after driving hard around town where I'm red-lining it a bunch.

Call me crazy or overprotective or whatever, but just the fear of running a cold turbo gets me to slow down. Plus my car shifts like piss and holds gears too high in the rev-range when I drive normally and it's cold.

Edited by Rustpot

It wasn't just the behavior at the pedal. Call me crazy, but I adhere to the turbo stipulations about warmup and cool down times pretty stringently. Start the car, let it sit a minute and drive it like gramps until the temp gauge pops up into the warm section, let the car sit for a minute after having the car on the highway for more than 30 minutes or after driving hard around town where I'm red-lining it a bunch.

Call me crazy or overprotective or whatever, but just the fear of running a cold turbo gets me to slow down. Plus my car shifts like piss and holds gears too high in the rev-range when I drive normally and it's cold.

Revving any car high before it's properly warmed up is just plain not smart to begin with. I do the same and I'm 100% NA.

My car will kick 2nd gear back into my face (during the winter) if I don't warm it properly. But that's a notorious problem with it.

Edited by lotus

I've recently been tossing around the notion of purchasing a used Nissan 350Z. But of course the binding question is room to accomodate hockey gear. Does anyone that has one have any difficulty fitting a full sized gear back in the back along with a stick bag? How often are you wishing for more room in the trunk with the rear strut tower brace in the way? Any help would be appreciated.

A guy I that worked at my LHS had a 350Z, but I can't comment on the room in the back, because he used to leave his stuff at the rink in the back of the pro shop. He was a big guy (6'5") so his sticks definitely probably rode in the passenger seat. I can ask him if he ever transported his gear in it next time I talk to him.

I've recently been tossing around the notion of purchasing a used Nissan 350Z. But of course the binding question is room to accomodate hockey gear. Does anyone that has one have any difficulty fitting a full sized gear back in the back along with a stick bag? How often are you wishing for more room in the trunk with the rear strut tower brace in the way? Any help would be appreciated.

My mom got my dad a '04 350Z for his birthday, and the only way i can fit my gear in the back is i take it out of the bag and lay it flat. Other wise it just won't fit, because in the middle of a trunk there's part of the rear strut tower brace that gets in the way.

Id suggest a G35 or G37, they have 4 seats and a trunk, but the same thrill of a 350Z.

Hope that helped.

Edited by haTrick722

I don't know if I'd use the ability to lug gear around if it was a good deal. I can barely fit a passenger in my car but I'm not going to upgrade to size anytime soon, so I'll just keep taking the wife's truck.

The saddest day of my life was when I had to sell my '02 WS6 Trans Am. That thing was a beast but the combination of my open headers and needing 93 octane ($$$) and an hour commute to work everyday forced me to sell. Now I have a 2006 Scion TC in baby blue and of course I have a new job with a 10-minute commute! It's no Trans Am but it's not bad to look at and it gets 26mpg as opposed to 13!

up date:

now rolling in an all green 94 mercury sable

and when I mean all green I mean it. basically the only thing that isnt green besides the windows, are the tires

It's no Trans Am but it's not bad to look at and it gets 26mpg as opposed to 13!

I am down to 17mpg but I can go three weeks or so between fill-ups because I'm out of town so much.

Im ditching my truck very soon. I can afford the gas but its not even worth it anymore. Picked up a 2005 Chryler 300 in black which im in the process of blacking out, will be doing limo tint and smoking my head and tail lights later this week. Picking up some 22's probably later this month.

I am down to 17mpg but I can go three weeks or so between fill-ups because I'm out of town so much.

That always helps but in your case you fill up then 3 weeks later gas is like 50 cents higher than when you initially filled up. I was on a business trip for a week and came back to see a 30 cent jump in the price of regular. I'm just hoping something happens to drive prices back down. I tossing around the idea of a new Camaro or Challenger next year after I get my masters. Hopefully prices are somewhat lower. Though, those new LS2's are pretty fuel efficient for a beefy V8.

That always helps but in your case you fill up then 3 weeks later gas is like 50 cents higher than when you initially filled up. I was on a business trip for a week and came back to see a 30 cent jump in the price of regular. I'm just hoping something happens to drive prices back down. I tossing around the idea of a new Camaro or Challenger next year after I get my masters. Hopefully prices are somewhat lower. Though, those new LS2's are pretty fuel efficient for a beefy V8.

The local grocery store has a deal where you amass points that can be used for discounted gas at their stores with pumps. We push the rules a bit and fill both of our cars when we get the discount points up high. When we filled up earlier this week it was $90, including the 50 cent per gallon discount.

That a giant eagle/get go kinda thing?

Thats once of the best bargains going right now as far as all those points programs go. Ya gotta buy food, so might as well buy it somewhere that lets you put it towards something else.

That a giant eagle/get go kinda thing?

Thats once of the best bargains going right now as far as all those points programs go. Ya gotta buy food, so might as well buy it somewhere that lets you put it towards something else.

Different chain, same idea. They run for three months or so at a time and you get 10 cents off for every $100 you spend. Last week they had specials where if you bought X number of products from a list, you would get 20 cents extra off as well.

My mom got my dad a '04 350Z for his birthday, and the only way i can fit my gear in the back is i take it out of the bag and lay it flat. Other wise it just won't fit, because in the middle of a trunk there's part of the rear strut tower brace that gets in the way.

Id suggest a G35 or G37, they have 4 seats and a trunk, but the same thrill of a 350Z.

Hope that helped.

I have a G35 and I put my bag in the trunk and sticks in the passenger seat. It's a little tight in the trunk, but it'll work just fine.