Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

I thought you wanted a 993?

Here's the GT3RS I drove:

http://www.demanmotorsport.com/sales/listing.php?id=53

Even though I want a 993, I would consider this car.

Seinfeld's 993 TTS is on ebay again. I would definitely be interested in that car if there wasn't a $60k premium on it.

EDIT: drool

I like how in the description the guy says he has the original title w/ Jerry's name on it. I just keep thinking of the Jon Voight episode of Seinfeld...

Thockey17, that car is seriously sick.

All the immigrants in my neighbourhood would give me nothing but a ton of respect if I cruised in around in a car like that, it would become instantly off-limits to vandalism unlike most other "nice" cars in my area.

these are my dads ( http://randysoule.com/modela/ )....1931 Ford model AA dump truck and 1930 Ford model A deluxe roadster convertable, both in running and perfect condtition.

Also, If anyone is curious, they're both for sale.

Every year for the last 10 years I've gone to a huge car show in St.Paul MN, with something like 10,000 pre-1964 cars and 250,000 spectators over the weekend. I've had the idea of getting a truck with a large bed, installing several kegs of beer and hiring attractive ladies to sell it as I tool around the fairgrounds. I could make a mint. How many kegs would fit in the back of that dump truck? ;)

Sick Tundra a couple pages back.

My buddy races MX and is sponsered by Toyota and got a Tundra for free and did it all up. Graphics, lift, grill, etc... I'll snap a pic tomorrow. It is UNREAL.

I'll post a few vids if everyone wants to see/hear it in action.

A couple weeks late but I'd definitely like to see these, I'm sure plenty of people would...

these are my dads ( http://randysoule.com/modela/ )....1931 Ford model AA dump truck and 1930 Ford model A deluxe roadster convertable, both in running and perfect condtition.

IMGP164720Small.jpg

IMGP165020Small.jpg

How much is he looking for.

Another question. I am getting a car in 8 months, I am thinking about getting a Chevy Optra, does anyone ride one, or tried one!

Another question. I am getting a car in 8 months, I am thinking about getting a Chevy Optra, does anyone ride one, or tried one!

I've been in the Top Gear "Star In A Reasonabley Priced Car" (You guys probobly don't get that show but I thought I'd just drop that in there :D) Lacetti, it was what I expected. Assuming this is probobly your first car, may I ask why you've shortlisted the Lacetti/Optra?

I've been in the Top Gear "Star In A Reasonabley Priced Car" (You guys probobly don't get that show but I thought I'd just drop that in there :D) Lacetti, it was what I expected. Assuming this is probobly your first car, may I ask why you've shortlisted the Lacetti/Optra?

Unfortunately, I don't know how many people know what top gear is here...I know I do :P

Yes. First Car. I don't know, look fairly cheap!

IMGP164720Small.jpg

IMGP165020Small.jpg

How much is he looking for.

His initial asking price was 25 000 for the car and 18 000 for the truck, but he isn't likely to recieve that. One man offered 35 000 for both and is suppose coming to look at them next friday. Hopefully they sell.

Anybody think this is a good deal? Getting my first car soon and this seems like itd be fun for the $.

http://sd.craigslist.org/car/768874407.html

If you are a decent mechanic, this could be a real fun car. Pros are that it will be pretty quick and have lots of torque so it should be fun to drive. Cons are that with the big block handling and braking will be poor and gas mileage will be horrific. Expect 10-12 mpg.

70's Camaros are known for mediocre build quality and some rust issues and this is a 33 year old car. So you have to be willing to accept some issues. Old cars are never perfect unless you spend big $$$$.

The engine is not original and if the car didn't come with a big block, the original cooling system won't be good enough for stop and go traffic. Ask if it has been upgraded or budget to do so yourself. Also, the big block should have heavier springs. The ride will be bad without those.

I'm not Chevy guy, so I'm not speaking from experience, just as an owner of an old muscle car. If you are willing to work on this car and can do without it for a couple days when the repairs are bigger or parts aren't available right away it will be a fun car.

If you need a car every day that will be reliable or are the type of person who just wants jump in and drive, this is not the car for you.

I should also mention that this car is substantially less safe than any car made from about 1990 and up. The brakes and steering are very poor compared to any modern car. The crash resistance, especially rollover are also poor.

I love the power of the 6.4L, I test drove one and it was unreal. I just wish I could test tow one becuase that would be perfect. I'm going to test drive a 2007 Dodge with the 6.7L cummins later this week so I will probably make a decision after that, but the looks of that 08 superduty are just the tops.

The new Fords are the weakest of all the new diesels. If you want a powerful ford go pick one up with the 7.3 turbo diesel, throw an exhaust and chip at it and have fun.

Not a fan of the 6.4's. I had an F450 for a work truck for a while till one of the turbos blew. Then when I got it back the trans started slipping. They claim it'll tow 24,500 pounds, but it fucking SUCKED hauling 18-20K on long trips. No power in valleys, etc.

I now have a ram 3500 mega cab with the 6.7. Good power, truck fucking blows. Don't get one unless you really, REALLY need to. It's rough, interior quality sucks, it's noisy, but it pulls a shit ton. I only like the mega cab because I recline the back seats, throw down some sleeping bags + blanket, and it's way better than sleeping in most of the camps.