Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

How about the Ford Freestyle/Edge vehicles? Yeah, I'll have to do my research for sure.

Abysmal gas mileage for being car-based crossovers. They put too much bulk on them. A shorter wagon with AWD will hold as much cargo and be much better in the fuel economy category. I have a Volvo XC70, love it for this purpose, but I wouldn't recommend one, mine is a prima-donna for sure.

Volvos are nice, I'm not sure if my GF would drive one though. I've thought about getting rid of the Dodge and Isuzu and getting another SUV, albeit smaller..Something like a Ford Escape Hybrid..Something to throw my hockey gear in and go on trips with the kids etc. I still have a couple F-250s and a 1999 GMC Jimmy at Grandma's farm for pissin around in and doing busy work or pheasant hunting

Surprisingly I'm seeing more AWD luxury cars in Philly than in upper Michigan. The people here talk about maybe getting 2 inches a year, WTF? Not as many subies, but I'd say somewhere around 25% of the cars are AWD (not counting SUVs).

Volvo cars are nice, but all imported euro sedans are (Volvo, BMW, Mercedes, etc). I regret the decision now, or at least I will when I get a replacement in ~2 years and won't be able to afford another euro-lux wagon. My eyes are firmly set on an X or XT trim 3 or 5 series bimmer.

Surprisingly I'm seeing more AWD luxury cars in Philly than in upper Michigan. The people here talk about maybe getting 2 inches a year, WTF? Not as many subies, but I'd say somewhere around 25% of the cars are AWD (not counting SUVs).

Volvo cars are nice, but all imported euro sedans are (Volvo, BMW, Mercedes, etc). I regret the decision now, or at least I will when I get a replacement in ~2 years and won't be able to afford another euro-lux wagon. My eyes are firmly set on an X or XT trim 3 or 5 series bimmer.

The state and most cities in PA are terrible about clearing the roads. So when we do get a storm, you need something with AWD just to get to work. Usually someone from Penndot will put out an announcement telling everyone to stay off the roads until they get them cleared. Because, you know, we can all just tank half a day of work because the state is too screwed up to work properly.

I live in upstate New York where when it snows hard overnight they just send the plows out an hour earlier and go on about their lives. When I was going to school in PA any forecast of 3-4 inches of snow for the night and no one did their homework since it was pretty much a guarentee there wouldn't be any school.

Chadd- Didn't PA just sign over the care of the roads and bridges to a private company?

I live in upstate New York where when it snows hard overnight they just send the plows out an hour earlier and go on about their lives. When I was going to school in PA any forecast of 3-4 inches of snow for the night and no one did their homework since it was pretty much a guarentee there wouldn't be any school.

Chadd- Didn't PA just sign over the care of the roads and bridges to a private company?

Tell me about it...I live in rochester...only way we get off school is if its too cold to walk (-25F). I guess -10 is still too warm. :(

How about the Ford Freestyle/Edge vehicles? Yeah, I'll have to do my research for sure.

I looked briefly at those when shopping for a new ride for the wife. We went with an AWD Nissan Rouge, and she couldn't be happier. Mileage is decent, I fit in it without my knees hitting the dashboard, mileage is decent it has enough room for all of my7 month old's gear.

I looked briefly at those when shopping for a new ride for the wife. We went with an AWD Nissan Rouge, and she couldn't be happier. Mileage is decent, I fit in it without my knees hitting the dashboard, mileage is decent it has enough room for all of my7 month old's gear.

We talkin Vapor XXXX's, 9500, CNT, and other assortments?? ;)

LOL, right now he only has a souvenir Whalers woodystick, about a 150 flex. You will eventually know the joy of carting around a 23 pound person that needs 160 pounds of accessories- strollers, pack and play , 19 changes of clothes, bottles. There is no such thing as grabbing him and going anywhere "on a whim".

Hey currently looking at a 1999 Alero Oldsmobile and just wondering if anyone has any information on it, bad or good. I did some research and have found a few recalls but i am not sure how to tell if this certain call could have been on the recall list. Here is the link to the car if anyone in the area would know about the dealership. thanks oggy_3

Alero 1999 oldsmobile

Edited by oggy_3

1986 Kawasaki 454 LTD, all original parts except the tank. I've been riding on it as long as i can remember, and it's been mine for the summer :D

LTD454.jpg

*Edit* sorry for crappy picture quality, it's off my phone. Maybe i'll get a better picture up sometime

Edited by GoHawks

I believe it had a ton of recalls and Oldsmobile not being around, may be hard to find parts.

I've driven an Alero before though, it's a nice ride.

He should still be able to get parts through GM or secondhand. Theres still an entire section on the GM site for Olds owners (service info etc.)

Edited by kovalchuk71

I believe it had a ton of recalls and Oldsmobile not being around, may be hard to find parts.

I've driven an Alero before though, it's a nice ride.

He should still be able to get parts through GM or secondhand. Theres still an entire section on the GM site for Olds owners (service info etc.)

Not to mention that almost all the parts with the exception of body parts interior trim parts are shared with some other GM product. the only parts I'd be worried about are anything on the dash, door panels or seats.

No, I'm not prodding you for driving a smaller car, it's just a decision I could never make and not because of any prejudice, but thanks for assuming. If you're truly concerned with my vehicle PM me no need to have us both piss in front of a large thread.

The A3 has been nothing short of impressive. I was in a Jeep Liberty before and really wanted to get the best of all worlds. Some sports car, something that would allow me to get to the trailhead, economical, and would fit the family(includes the aussie).

Handles real well a real joy to drive, excellent gas mileage, and is very versatile. Has not caused any limitations in any task that has been asked. Plenty of room. My only con and this is nitpicking is start from the block. There is turbo-lag, so your not going to beat that neighborhs 5 series from the light, but when that Turbo kicks in look out. I suggest you look into this sight if your serious and like me do my research before buying

http://forums.audiworld.com/a3/pages/1.phtml

I am hearing great things about the S3 but will drive this girl into the ground before upgrading. I have to have my hockey equipment and road bike drivetrain/ wheels as the latest and greatest but not the newest car...just me

http://forums.audiworld.com/a3/pages/1.phtml

Very satisfied return to German