Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Guest OSTOR

Master car, truck, etc... topic

90-96 

definitely want a 6 speed. But that’s really the only “wants”

6 hours ago, marka said:

Howdy,

What're you looking for, specifically?

Mark

Howdy,

3 hours ago, jlt73 said:

90-96 

definitely want a 6 speed. But that’s really the only “wants”

Cool, if I see something I'll let you know.

FWIW, the LT4 seems like a better way to go motor-wise.  If I remember my C4 knowledge right, all the manual transmission '96's got it, not just the Grand Sport.  The L98 got replaced by the LT1 in '92 apparently.  My dad has an '89 with the L98 and I will confirm that its got a bunch of torque, but pretty uninspiring 'feel' since it doesn't really rev.  A '96 Manual Trans car would be what I'd be after if I wanted a C4.

I'm interested to know why '90?  I didn't think there was much of any difference between the '89 - '91 C4's...

Btw, I don't want to be 'that guy', but if you can swing just a little bit more money, the c5 is a better performing car in every measurable way.

Mark

1 hour ago, marka said:

Howdy,

Cool, if I see something I'll let you know.

FWIW, the LT4 seems like a better way to go motor-wise.  If I remember my C4 knowledge right, all the manual transmission '96's got it, not just the Grand Sport.  The L98 got replaced by the LT1 in '92 apparently.  My dad has an '89 with the L98 and I will confirm that its got a bunch of torque, but pretty uninspiring 'feel' since it doesn't really rev.  A '96 Manual Trans car would be what I'd be after if I wanted a C4.

I'm interested to know why '90?  I didn't think there was much of any difference between the '89 - '91 C4's...

Btw, I don't want to be 'that guy', but if you can swing just a little bit more money, the c5 is a better performing car in every measurable way.

Mark

90 was the first year they got rid of a lot of the digital dash that just about always goes out. 

I like the c5. But the c4 body style looks amazing to me. The c5 got a little fat in the back end. Ideally I’d like a zr1 but those haven’t been very easy to locate without being way too high price wise. 

• Like 1

Not anything exotic or overly fancy, but decided my Escape was bigger than I needed, so I traded it in a couple weeks ago for a Focus.

Focus_zpskhrzbzka.jpg

Has the winter package. Heated seats, steering wheel and mirrors, with remote start. All features I've never had in a vehicle before, so I'm enjoying it. Also enjoying filling up for less than $40 and having that last over a week.

• Like 3

Never Ending 240Z Project on my instagram for the car. Going with a VH45DE from an Infiniti, 6 speed from a 370Z, rear end from an R32 GTR, and a whole lot of other upgrades. Should be fun once I get through all the body work.

• Like 2