Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Hidious

Kovalev with white Reeboks?

I think it's a pro thing only....

those with a pitch holder = perfect skate

Man that room looks small....

I wish I was pro....

It would be nice if someone who work at a LHS here could call RBK today to see if we can get them retail or by custom order.

this is a good idea

Kovy must be breaking them in. i read where Glen Murray had to break in a pair of 9K's because CCM can't get him the old 652 tacks anymore.

I can't stand any white skate but these aren't nearly as bad as I thought they'd be. I wonder if their resale value is higher since they'll never touch a defencive zone.

Hahaha, terrible Mack.

LOL

I can't stand any white skate but these aren't nearly as bad as I thought they'd be. I wonder if their resale value is higher since they'll never touch a defencive zone.

LOL.......Mack comes through again!!!

Official word is that they are just for Kovalev.

Sorry.

i could of told you that :(

I don't know what it would change to them. Anyway, I'll stick with my Graf.

Edited by Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

Same here...His white CCMs and white grafs I've seen I hate, but these look VERY good.

About the locker room pictures: CCM had a skate party at the Bell Center during one of the last CSGA shows in Montreal. We were allowed to tour the locker room as well as skate on the latest model skate they were introducing at the time. The famous Canadiens saying with the Torch is written above the photos of the great Habs players. The goalies would sit right inside the door entrance, first in, first out. I also thought the room was rather small. Put 20 guys in there with gear on and there would not be much room. In the mid 90s CCM had a skate party at the Forum to launch the CCM Pump Tacks. The locker room in the Forum was the same shape but definitely smaller than this one. The interesting thing to note is who sits next to who. The Quebec players huddle together as well as the US guys would sit next to one another. I have been in the Rangers and Devils home locker rooms as well. They are both bigger than the Canadiens' room.

The interesting thing to note is who sits next to who. The Quebec players huddle together as well as the US guys would sit next to one another. I have been in the Rangers and Devils home locker rooms as well. They are both bigger than the Canadiens' room.

I heard that Carbo re-arranged the "seating plan" in the room to break up some of the old habits...and avoid the cliches (sp?) they had last year...

The interesting thing to note is who sits next to who. The Quebec players huddle together as well as the US guys would sit next to one another. I have been in the Rangers and Devils home locker rooms as well. They are both bigger than the Canadiens' room.

I heard that Carbo re-arranged the "seating plan" in the room to break up some of the old habits...and avoid the cliches (sp?) they had last year...

Well Carbo should do that given this bit of history: During the 95 lock-out year, I was in Montreal with bunch of guys to play a few games. We had some time off and took the Forum tour. When we got to the hallway with all the photos of the Habs captains, we heard this story from the guide. In the 80s, GM Serge Savard let the players vote for the captain. One particular year the players vote was split 50-50 between Chelios and Carbo! Savard said vote again. They had the same result. Savard said vote again and now I'm too old to remember what happened! But anyway, the players' loyalty to their "brethren" goes back to those days when Carbo was playing and of course, long before then.

However, I honestly think the "signature" thing is doable -

RBK/CCM - take notes -

Do the Ovechkin model, do Kovalev, do whatever other marquee players, and stitch their auto on the tendon guard. Sell them as a limited run, numbered.

I'll take all of the credit, and a signature skate of my own. That's all I require.