Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

I don't know if you guys saw most of the game but David played amazing. He was dangling everyone all over the ice, making plays, and creating scoring chances. I was totally impressed by him in this game, he has hands as soft as... i don't know something extremely soft :P .

i havent watched alot of major junior hockey, but watched the game on rogers yesterday and must say that i was super impressed with watching david. keep up the hard work and best of luck in the future!

TSN just showed early highlights of that game. Nice tip by David...and they also spotlighted him during the warm up...skating around juggling a puck on the end of his blade.

Does Central Scouting re-rank after the Memorial Cup ends...or is the end of the regular CHL season the last official ranking.

Was it Perron who threw a punch at Sexsmith at the end of the game there? Looks like it could have been a penalty shot, or at least a faceoff with a few seconds left at the end of the game there.

Im living in Van now, been to both of the Giants games so far.

I thought Lewiston is hands down the most talented team there, but Vancouver is rolling on the emotion of 13000 fans each game. Bernier kept it closer than it should have been, almost singlehandedly won the game.

Since I was a kid I've made a point of going to the glass and watching warm ups. That being said, Perron has argueably the best hands I have seen in a long time. I think I watched only him for the entire warmups, as he was that entertaining.

He's gonna be a hell of a player.

edit: it's funny Kovy_ribs and David.....I read this months ago, and forgot about you and the relation until today, kinda noticed you used a blacked out Kovyish curve with just the toe taped....makes sense now!

p.s - although everyone one in the MSH family has said it, I wish you the best of luck and to keep your health. Ive had a lot of friends make it to the show or minors, and others fizzle out. The thing that makes the difference is your drive, and it seems you've got it by the truck full man.

Edited by headonaswivel

David will disagree seeing as he was right on the play, but from where i sat in the second row, it looked like the van d man smothered it under his chest on the edge of the crease as the clock ran out. Questionable call, could argue its a penalty shot.

But this happened with 1.6 seconds left, so the refs f'd it either way. Faceoff with overload one side will still be tough with that little time left.

Bad call IMO but based on post-game interviews (i didn't watch the game) from a few players and the coach, it was Vancouver's game and the Maineiacs didn't deserve it. Seems like the giants were a better team in this game.

Nice goal by #39. Perfect little tip.

Was it Perron who threw a punch at Sexsmith at the end of the game there? Looks like it could have been a penalty shot, or at least a faceoff with a few seconds left at the end of the game there.

Did any of you who are saying the refs blew it at the end of the game even watch? If you see the replays you can clearly see that nobody put their hand over top of the puck. I can see that maybe about a second should have been put back on the clock, and a faceoff taken, but that's hardly blowing the game.

Perron didn't really throw a punch at Sexsmith at the end of the game either. As the buzzer went he was in the crease kind of jamming away with his stick and fell into Sexsmith. Tyson then sort of gave him the backside of the head facewash with his trapper, and when Perron got up he kind of just threw a glove hand towards him. It was nothing to write home about.

The game on the other hand was quite good. Despite only a 2-1 score, it was very exciting. I agree with the poster who said Bernier kept Lewiston in the game. The giants had an incredible number of good chances in that 3rd period. Very good game.

Did any of you who are saying the refs blew it at the end of the game even watch? If you see the replays you can clearly see that nobody put their hand over top of the puck. I can see that maybe about a second should have been put back on the clock, and a faceoff taken, but that's hardly blowing the game.

Perron didn't really throw a punch at Sexsmith at the end of the game either. As the buzzer went he was in the crease kind of jamming away with his stick and fell into Sexsmith. Tyson then sort of gave him the backside of the head facewash with his trapper, and when Perron got up he kind of just threw a glove hand towards him. It was nothing to write home about.

The game on the other hand was quite good. Despite only a 2-1 score, it was very exciting. I agree with the poster who said Bernier kept Lewiston in the game. The giants had an incredible number of good chances in that 3rd period. Very good game.

Like i said "shouldve been a penalty shot from what i heard on the radio, anyone see it?" i didnt say i saw it, just clearing that up

mmmm, i was 2 feet from the guy and he definatly froze the puck with his hands,after that i pushed the puck with my hand in the five hole of the goalie right in the net, we never know maybe they could of watch th evideo and saw the puck was in and not see i put it in with my hadn, haha, but anyways its over and we look forward to tomorrow.

mmmm, i was 2 feet from the guy and he definatly froze the puck with his hands,after that i pushed the puck with my hand in the five hole of the goalie right in the net, we never know maybe they could of watch th evideo and saw the puck was in and not see i put it in with my hadn, haha, but anyways its over and we look forward to tomorrow.

David...do you have a MSH hat with you there? You should try to get it into a post game interview...Or are there rule about what you can & can't wear on TV?

I've been at my GF's all weekend without Sportsnet or RDS so I haven't seen any games yet...I hope to see some this week.

Well you certainly had a better vantage point then I did. The TV replays didn't show anything, but there was about 6 bodies in the crease at that point. By the way, thanks for clearing up one thing for me. I could not for the life of me, figure out how that puck ended up in the net, lol.

I was actually supposed to be at all of the Mem Cup games, but our med/dent program unfortunately has exams that start in late May so the focus is on books not hockey. My friends that are there, however, said they really enjoyed watching you play, particularly in your first game.