Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

Being the self appointed PR man for David this a is good and silly read on a-k_27. Plus it's part of the build up to June 22nd.

NHL Prospect Dating Game: David Perron

Posted May 21st 2007 6:40PM by Jon "J.P." Press

Filed under: General NHL, NHL Draft

This is one in a series of profiles of the International Scouting Service's 2007 Top 15 NHL Draft Prospects, and relies heavily on the 2007 NHL Entry Draft Media Guide. Check back often leading up to the June 22 Entry Draft for more profiles and draft coverage and analysis.

Name: David Perron

Team/League: Lewiston/QMJHL

Vitals: 6'0", 180 pounds, left wing, shoots right

Born: May 28, 1988 in Sherbrooke, Quebec

The unimportant stuff: Perron is fundamentally sound, hard working and smart defensively. He led all rookies in The Q in goals and was second in points during the regular season.

The important stuff: "Perry," as he has been creatively nicknamed, wears the number 39 because "it was his number in training camp." Deep.... if he could invite any three people to dinner, he'd pick Alexei Kovalev, Bobby Orr and Wayne Gretzky.... speaking of Kovalev, Perron patterns his game after the Russian, who he lists as his favorite player, which means either he's not doing a great job of emulating his idol or the scouting report is amiss because I can't recall the last time I read "Alexei Kovalev" and "hard working" in the same paragraph... ... his favorite musical group is Green Day and his favorite actor is Adam Sandler, which is odd as neither has been any good since before Perron was a teenager...

Matchmaker, matchmaker, make me a match: Perron would be a good fit in St. Louis, Montreal (Perron's favorite team) could use some more grit up front, and the 'Canes could use a left wing with upside (or a pulse) somewhere in the organization. The winner? Perron would be a reach for the Blues at #9 and I doubt the Habs would want anything to do with a guy who so openly idolizes Kovalev, so welcome to Raleigh -- the Sherbrooke of the South.

Edit ... spellink

Edited by Storm

Good luck David from a Sea Dog fan. I'll be cheering for you during the draft, but then it's back to the boos. We're gonna have your number this year ;)

Good luck David from a Sea Dog fan. I'll be cheering for you during the draft, but then it's back to the boos. We're gonna have your number this year ;)

Nah, Anthony won't report, no luck there :P Lewiston is back on top i think. I also believe the Moose will have a good team this year.

90% Anthony signs. He's coming for a visit Friday.

Halifax and PEI are my preliminary teams to beat. Lewy depends a lot on whether Denny and/or Cliche come back. I don't think either will. I'm picking them to finish 3rd, well ahead of the rest. I have Saint John anywhere from 4th to 6th.

90% Anthony signs. He's coming for a visit Friday.

Halifax and PEI are my preliminary teams to beat. Lewy depends a lot on whether Denny and/or Cliche come back. I don't think either will. I'm picking them to finish 3rd, well ahead of the rest. I have Saint John anywhere from 4th to 6th.

Are they saying much about him in the papers up there? Here they had stories all over the board, he will, he won't , he doesn't know etc... I guess it all depends on what the Sea Dogs offer for an Education package eh?

Also, a nice read. I always feel a bit of pride when i read articles containing words about DP. I mean, i just know this nice guy over the internet, but somehow I KNOW HIM! :P

Its pretty nice to see, what happens if you got talent, dedication and will. It will pay off.

Edit:

Please, check this one out: http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...mp;#entry442649

Edited by Sven

I actually had that photo as one of my desktop backgrounds not long ago.

Since this was taking this year obviously, how is the goalie still wearing KOHO pads...