Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

Congrats...was looking forward to see you playing in halifax this year...but i guess ill be seeing you on the highlightreel instead :D

Edited by marc_9

Congratulations David, you're living the dream. And to his older brother, you should be some proud of you're little brother because you played just as great of role as anyone in getting him there. Go win the Calder David!

Well, I mean, he still can be sent down after 9 games.

Cajanek cleared waivers, so if David is sent back to Lewiston he can be called back up.

It's up to David to keep on impressing the Blues and earning his spot on the roster. If he does that, he'll be able to stick with the squad.

Well, I mean, he still can be sent down after 9 games.

Cajanek cleared waivers, so if David is sent back to Lewiston he can be called back up.

It's up to David to keep on impressing the Blues and earning his spot on the roster. If he does that, he'll be able to stick with the squad.

Next most important David related question....WHAT NUMBER????

He meant a lot to this team before he became even more obsolete. Those who were once championed as the "working back bone" of organizations are now no more than tancious roster place holders.

The status quo shifts.

It's not as though personality, dedication and downright wholesome character aren't rewarded or revered anymore, it's that they have to come packaged with a dynamic talent of some kind -- one that contributes to an offensive ideal. Not to mention I'm sure JD and AM both felt horrible for buying him out -- that's a tough situation.

Edited by LoXish

Haha we've been going back and forth a couple of days ago about that. #10 is good but I heard they're not issuing it because of Drake. :angry:

10 isn't a rookie number, he should stick with what he was assigned for the preseason games. It seems to be working so far, don't mess with it.

Haha we've been going back and forth a couple of days ago about that. #10 is good but I heard they're not issuing it because of Drake. :rolleyes:

10 isn't a rookie number, he should stick with what he was assigned for the preseason games. It seems to be working so far, don't mess with it.

Earlier today he was listed on the roster with no # next to his name...now it has #57.

57's a pretty good number, very unique. Except for the ketchup thing. I wore 9 for a while, then switched to 67 because you don't ever see it.

Congrats (again!) and good luck (again!) David, I'll be watching on Center Ice this year.

This story is one i would never have believed if i had not seen it. In less than 2 years, a young talented player went from playing pickup hockey for 5$ in a couple cities of the region against recreational players like me and even worst to beeing part of the St-Louis Blues 2007-2008 season starting line-up. He went from paying for all his sticks, skate and equipement to a possible 750 000$/year contract. All in front of my eyes. I was so impressed about his game when he made me look like a cone several times in a row that i followed everything he did then and everytime we heard about him on the news, it was something greater and greater. This thread is flooded with "Congrats David" post everytime he did better.

"Congrats David, good luck in lewiston!"

"Congrats for the season, lewiston's best scorer! wow"

"Congrats for your series performance and the cup with lewiston, what an accomplishment!"

"Congrats for the draft! Damn, drafted in first round, who would have though??"

"Congrats for beating Russia and for your awesome goal"

"Congrats for making the team, looks like your in the NHL now."

All this in such a short period of time, it must be a record, really.

What's next? "Congrats for your move against Luongo, awesome" :lol:

I have so much respect for you and everything you've done. Keep it up.

I may be completly misinformed here, but I'm pretty sure when me and my friend spoke to him at pickup last summer he told me friend (i wasnt really talking to him, but i like to say i was haha) that he went from Midget B (which is being cut from non checking midget A) to Tier 2, and told my friend he was gonna playin for lewiston and now hes in the NHL, thats just...how does that happen, 3 years after midget B the guys in the NHL, imagine how many guys who dont know how to skate he played against in an actual league. I know tis kind of post has been said 321432 times in this thread so far, but i justh had to say it

Edited by bigdaddykane

WOW, awesome job David. Looks like i need to go to this thursday's home opener in Phoenix! I wasn't planning on it, but I've got to now!

#13, it's what big boys wear David. Just tossing that out there. 57 is a very fine year for automobiles and I'm partial to that, but hopefully you get a smaller number if you make it to 10 games.