Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

nice job translating Chadd. Thank you kindly.

Thank babelfish, not me. If you read it with a Denis Lemieux type accent it's even funnier.

I was at the game tonight. It wasn't on any television at all so here's my summary of David's play:

Consistent puck pressure and great forecheck throughout the game, looked a little sluggish in the chase but made things happen when he had the puck (most of the time) -- tried to dangle and got stood up early on then a few minutes later had a sick little toe drag to regain control of a rebound...

Overall I give his game a B- for the night, his defense could have been a bit better and he made some soft plays for the offensive zone. Again he didn't shy away from physical play at all but at points it looked like he was getting almost manhandled -- he got the raw end a couple of times including a blatant interference hit mid ice after the play and a really dirty face wash on the ice behind the play deep in the Yotes zone which looked like it took a toll on him as he returned directly to the bench.

The Blues played an average game the first two periods, right on par with the Yotes who brougt their "A" game tonight (which isn't saying much) -- then after taking the lead in the third they fell apart and it was fucking disgusting. Everyone was chasing and running around -- it looked like it was the first time they had played together. The Blues blew it and left Manny hanging a couple of times causing the Yotes to take the W 2-1 -- Manny played brilliantly though and made some incredibly saves throughout the game.

Overall though David had a good game -- people who saw him play for the first time tonight with HIGH expectations may have been let down a little but for an astute observer who knows his game he played strong on the puck and looked very aware. I heard numerous parties talking about David -- some of the stuff was assanine as hell and others were pretty enlightened... seems to be the nature of the beast though.

Since David is now a pro, does this mean he can no longer post on MSH? I can see NHL teams putting something like that in a contract (i.e. no internet communication except through the team's official site).

No, he still can post on MSH without problem. I don't know why he's not posting anymore though.

Since David is now a pro, does this mean he can no longer post on MSH? I can see NHL teams putting something like that in a contract (i.e. no internet communication except through the team's official site).

No, he still can post on MSH without problem. I don't know why he's not posting anymore though.

Maybe cause there is a pro career he needs/wants to focus on? ;) And, for the other stuff we got you and JR.

good article and thanks for posting the translation.

On a different note, my son wanted to go see the Blues practice last Friday for his day off school. He of course wore his #57 jersey. It looked as though a couple players were giving him some crap on the ice about the jersey whenever my son came up to the glass. JD made a comment to my boy about his jersey as well. He and MacInnis were sitting behind us really watching David. Johnson got waived a few hours later. That move was made to work him into the line up. They really like him and want to be careful it sounded like.

One thing apparent at the practice. David has the best hands on the team and everyone seems to know it. They were getting him to do some stuff with his hands and Boyes and Hinote were just staring and giggling at what he was pulling off. I had to go do some work for some of his team mates and couldn't wait out him coming off the ice.

JR of the Post-Dispatch interviewd Andy Murray after the Phoenix game... this is what he had to say about David:

Q: Did David Perron show you anything last night?

AM: “Flashes . . . there were flashes.”

Q: Enough flashes to keep him in the lineup?

AM: “We’re going to decide tonight who’s going to play tomorrow.

Q: What exactly are you looking for from Perron?

AM: “He’s got to play in a top-six role. We’re trying him a little on the power play now. He had a couple of shifts on the power play last night. I just don’t want to see him put on a fourth-line checking role because that’s not helping him. If that’s the case then he should just go back and play junior (hockey). We need a high level of compete that shows he’s ready to play at this level. He’s got to show he’s strong enough. He’s got good instincts. He needs to show he can play with top-six forwards I guess.”

Q: Does it hurt Perron that the other two guys (Martin Rucinsky and Doug Weight) are struggling?

AM: “I thought Doug Weight was our best player in the game last night. All of our coaches’ ratings and Larry’s ratings and Al’s ratings. I didn’t see John’s ratings, but he was the highest-rated forward in the game last night by quite a bit. Doug was real good last night, so it was probably a good time to play with him. Doug was real good in practice today, so we’re hoping it’s going to go his way a bit.”

I figured he would -- I'll be watching. He did play a good game on Tues, he was getting a bit rattled, you could tell, he was being pretty hard on himself when he would lose the puck -- there was one point that he tried to dangle and got it poked and he came off the ice really upset with himself -- but that's just passion, he's striving for excellence, it's easy to see.

Man do I wish I could watch our own David play.

I hope he plays against Anaheim.

If he does, I'll be THE ONLY Blues sweater in the crowd!

Thanks a million David for being our friend.

We miss you, but understand that you are a very busy man these days.

He's in tonight, game is halfway in, David had a few VERY impressive shifts early on and is playing an amazing shift currently at 14:30 in the 2nd.

David just caused a turn over that resulted in the Blues second goal. It hit his skate, he SHOULD get an assist, we'll see how it's recorded.

He's in tonight, game is halfway in, David had a few VERY impressive shifts early on and is playing an amazing shift currently at 14:30 in the 2nd.

David just caused a turn over that resulted in the Blues second goal. It hit his skate, he SHOULD get an assist, we'll see how it's recorded.

NHL.com still has it as unassisted.

Yeah, even if it didn't hit him or touch him the goal happened because of his forecheck. A great play.

One of those "phantom assists" they've been talking about so much.

Yeah, even if it didn't hit him or touch him the goal happened because of his forecheck. A great play.

The definition of such. No goal without his effort and forecheck behind the net.

The definition of a "phantom assist" or, as I like to call it, the Gretzky rule, is when a player is not involved at all in the scoring play yet somehow gets credited with a helper.