Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

Fresh from Stricky this evening. I couldn't have said it better and he definately put David's game Thursday in the proper light. I sit 5th row Saturday where the blues shoot twice. Good luck on getting your first against the Hawks. Maybe he can show Toewes and Kane what stick handling is. Of course, all props will have to go to Kovy_ribs... afterwards.

It didn't take long for David Perron to prove he belongs in the lineup did it?

Perron will stay in the lineup vs. the Blackhawks. He led the Blues in shots and scoring chances Thursday at Minnesota.

Speaking of Perron, it's nice to see the U.S. Governemnt finally issued him a social security number so he can begin to enjoy his NHL paychecks. Up until now he's been relying on his big brother D.J. King to buy his meals. Perron has some lunches to buy!

The Blues will consider allowing Perron to play for Canada in the World Junior Championships come Christmas time unless he continues to be a regular in the lineup.

I hate phantom assists.

In our league they only count the first assist, which is better IMO since it cuts down on phantom assists, plus it's a joke the second assist counts for a point and thus as much as a goal does, no wonder crosby was and will be the nhl scoring leader when half his assists are either second or phantom assists.

Sometimes I fell like the NHL is actually trying to boost his numbers, so it fits in coherence with their marketing.

RANT OVER.

Sorry for my rant, but I get a little pissed off when reading posts like, e.g. Perron should get an assist because it hit his skate.

Plus I read the thread the other day about parents boosting their kid's stats with phantom assists... This argueing about perron getting the second assist by beeing hit by the puck on his skate, just made my cup spill over...

SECOND RANT over

And finally, Perron played a great game!

Go watch the clip, he deserves an assist for the effort in creating the turnover as much as any pass -- since it's so hard to give proper credit where credit is due, I'll take the "off-the-body-second-assist" system we have now. More effort goes unnoted in the standards than the other way around.

I did a quick search on access and nothing returned

Just wanted to note that NHL all access had a half hour show specifically on the Blues and their draft and had some of Perron on it and their thoughts on him. Was a good watch

BTW Chippa- You are mixing up Gretz w. Mario

Perron is in tonight vs. the Hawks.

Already laid out a sexy dangle to gain the zone and then had a nice scoring chance with Weight in a 2on1.

David just got his first NHL goal... kind of a silly one, but he shot it while he was sliding on his ass into the net.

just saw the replay of his goal - i bet when he is 65 yrs old he will be telling stories of how he dangled some all-star defenceman and ripped it top shelf :P

still congrats though - i'm sure he will have some pretty goals before too long as well as long as they keep giving him playing time

20071103_ckr_sr6_251_lower.jpg

Nice, David. Haha.

Congrats David, for everything!

You made it...

Drafted 1st round, (an enormously huge feat) scoring points in the NHL.

I am honored to be a part of the same community as you.

Keep being our friend and shrug the rough times off.

We can't wait to hear from you.

My seat was right there to see the goal. My seat was on the aisle with nobody in front of me with the goal right there. He definitely deserved the goal. Him and Weight were the hardest working players once again and David deserved the 2nd star. There was a big grin when he skated out announcing the 3 stars.

So much for that size thing people used to talk about. He was in there mixing it up all night. I saw him give a little facewash to a D at the side of the goal. He got hit pretty hard behind the net on a shift. Next shift out, he hammered the guy to return the favor.

Congrats

Edited by j8Zt8r