Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

I was standing in an Irish pub on Crescent St in MOntreal after the Habs/Leafs watching the late game when the scoreboard came on and I saw David's name (still haven't seen the goal).

Congrats.

I did a quick search on access and nothing returned

Just wanted to note that NHL all access had a half hour show specifically on the Blues and their draft and had some of Perron on it and their thoughts on him. Was a good watch

BTW Chippa- You are mixing up Gretz w. Mario

Not at all. If you watched any of Gretz's games the last few years of his career then you would understand why it is the Gretzky rule. Refs probably got so used to giving him assists in his early years that they just couldn't break the habit.

This is the link to the THN video highlights http://www.thehockeynews.tv/video-1635-Hig...s-vs-Blues-game .

Well, that goal exemplifies the adage, "They don't ask how, just how many."

Congrats to the kid, he now has 1 more NHL goal than I do.

I saw it from 20 feet away directly in front of me. While sliding on his butt he took a swipe at it. The overhead picture is his follow through from that. He definitely got a piece of it as the puck was just sitting there before hand. He deserves that goal after the deflection that went just wide. Weight slid him a beautiful pass he got all of. Khabi could have gotten a piece of that one but. he was in between me and the puck so I am not sure.

Here is the article on Perron in todays St. Louis Post dispatch.

I thought some of you may like to read it.

Clock ticks on rookie's bid to stick

By Jeremy Rutherford

ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH

11/07/2007

A familiar scene was shaping up at the Blues' practice facility Tuesday afternoon.

A light workout had ended and, 45 minutes later, the sound of skate blades cutting through the ice and pucks banging off the walls reverberated throughout the complex.

Finally, 19-year-old rookie David Perron called it a day.

"I would still be out there, but I didn't have any more tape on my stick," he said. Advertisement

An equipment man who had been waiting out Perron told him jokingly that he couldn't talk to a reporter until the player handed over his dirty laundry.

"This is going to be a long year," sighed Steve "Swiss" Wissman, the equipment man, referring to Perron's habit of staying on the ice late.

It may or may not be a long year, depending on whether the club decides to keep Perron on its roster or return him to his junior team. The 26th overall pick in this summer's draft has played six games with the Blues and has just three remaining before the team must choose.

If Perron plays his 10th game, it will count as a full year toward the Blues' rights to him. The club would allow that to happen only if it feels he could contribute this season.

The Blues say they're not leaning one way or the other at this point. If Perron plays in the team's next three games, it won't have to make a decision until after the game Nov. 16 at Columbus.

"There's three games left in his trial," Blues coach Andy Murray said. "I think it'll come right down to the ninth game."

Perron, one of only three 2007 draftees to play in the NHL this season, has one goal and two assists through six games.

"I think I've played good," Perron said. "I don't know if it's going to be enough to stay here. I can still play better, and that's my goal. I'm not as confident as I can be out there. I can be much more dangerous in the offensive zone than I am right now."

The biggest question the Blues have is how durable Perron can be during an 82-game schedule. The team recently completed a stretch of three games in four days, and Perron seemed to weaken in the final two games.

"You could see in that Columbus game (Sunday) that it was a hard game," Blues President John Davidson said. "That's the first time he's been through it at this level. Now, we'll see how he does with some rest and see where it goes."

Perron, who has added eight pounds of bulk since September, admitted that his play suffered over the busy weekend. But he said, "I'm sure I'll be able to handle the schedule if I stay all year."

The Blues aren't confident yet. When asked about the cons of Perron staying with the club, Davidson said: "He loses pure confidence and finds out that physically he just can't do it."

But the decision may involve more than just Perron's development. He's one of the most skillful wingers on the roster, and the decision could come down to need.

"If he's getting scoring chances, and gets confident, it would be great for us," Davidson said. "He's a good player. We just don't want to throw the cart ahead of the horse."

"Is David Perron a top-six forward in the NHL right now?" Murray said. "He's 19 years old ... he's played six games ... I think it's too difficult to answer that question right now. We'd have to watch him play some more. We certainly think he's going to be. We think he's shown signs that he can be right now. Can he maintain the level of consistency that we need out of a guy that's going to play lots of minutes?"

Perron said he tries not to think about the Blues' pending decision.

"It's going to come sooner than I think," Perron said. "I don't see any point to going down at this point. My junior team has played 20 games. It would be weird to go down at this point, probably hard mentally.

"If I stay, I'll be really happy and work my butt off the remainder of the year. If I don't, I will thank the entire organization because I've had a great time here and was fortunate to be here for the nine games."

jrutherford@post-dispatch.com

314-444-7135

Story link

David was also mentioned in an SI article about the Blues and how he helps Tkachuk with his hands after practice. The author said David is "like magic, while Tkachuk is like veg-o-matic".

Suits and a new winter jacket are cool and all, not gonna fault him there...but when's he gonna pick up the new ride (like all good rookies with their first pay cheques).

Lexus SUV's (silver or black...obv!) seem to be pretty popular with the NHL types aren't they?

There was a list of what the Habs were all driving done a couple years, LOTS of SUV's and big (Dakotas & F350's) trucks, if I recall correctly.

Got to see the highlight of the goal tonight. Fantastic instincts and a great shot on the PP! Way to go David! Only thing left to do is get him away from Weight. Don't see the chemistry there...looks like age is catching up quickly.

Got to see the highlight of the goal tonight. Fantastic instincts and a great shot on the PP! Way to go David! Only thing left to do is get him away from Weight. Don't see the chemistry there...looks like age is catching up quickly.

Dougie's in a big time funk... dunno what his problem is... wonder if he's hurt.

On HNIC 1st intermission during the Habs/Sens game, they were talking about the tendency in the NHL right now to work off the "half wall" on the PP.

They showed 4 examples of the play:

2 of Kovalev

David Legwand

and David's goal last night.

Pretty good company for David.

They just showed it in HNIC, they compared it to Kovy's goal against the Flyers. Nice goal, bottle and everything.

Edit: Sorry bout that, I was a minute late.

Edited by D3nZ

camhockey16 and Dalston,

Retail patterns are usually given pro player's name to identify them but they usually don't have any link or similarity with the "pro" player pattern. Kovalev pro and retail warrior Kovalev are 2 different things.

I know?

That was why i went in and found a prostock Kovalev on patterndb?

Kovalev pro has more of a rocker on the bottom if I recall. Inno used to make the pro Kovy available at times, good luck finding one of them though.

Do you think you can find a picture of it?