Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

The ASG is all about the flash and showing off...David...wear the white skates!

I know you are speaking in a funny term, but just for the records, the equipment managers in STL painted the white parts black.

I think his main concern is that his gear shows up on the baggage carosuel ...i think it was Getzlaf last year who played in the ASG with some equipment bought at Perani's...

I think his main concern is that his gear shows up on the baggage carosuel ...i think it was Getzlaf last year who played in the ASG with some equipment bought at Perani's...

although you could make the arguement that even if that happened, you could give him a broomstick and he would still be able to make them look silly..

So a friend did a poll with fans for approval ratings of all the Blues players. Here is David's below. It is interesting that there are only a handful of players everyone is happy with.

David Perron - 100.0% (E)

Yes – Just in case you need more evidence that Perron should be playing more… for every 60 minutes of even strength time that Perron plays, the Blues score 3.32 goals. The only Blue ahead of him in that category is Brad Boyes, and Perron has spent portions of the season playing with non-offensive players.

You can read it all here

I have no clue as to why Perron doesn't play more.

He needs to play on the PP more often, and on 4 on 4 situations in OT.

He's one of the most gifted offensive players on the Blues, yet he doesn't get a lot of ice time in situations where offensively gifted players should be playing the most.

Andy Murray needs to play Perron and Wagner more, and fix the awful power play. If he does that, the Blues are a lock for the playoffs.

wagner is in peoria now and has been for a while twelve games or so. he has four goals and four helpers. It seems like he wont be called up for a while either unless a D man gets hurt.

This is the first time I got to sit down and watch Perron against the Canucks. Had a good game tonight and was really fun to watch. No one in my keeper hockey pool has him, but he's definitely got 70-80 pt potential in him.

Don't know about the US Network...But NHL Network in Canada has the Sharks/Blues game tonight.

[EDIT] Crap. David's a HS.

Gotta rest him after those ten big minutes last night.

Don't know about the US Network...But NHL Network in Canada has the Sharks/Blues game tonight.

[EDIT] Crap. David's a HS.

Gotta rest him after those ten big minutes last night.

Well, he'll be fresh for all the ASG festivities. Assuming Andy is still letting him go *L*

The Blues had a great article go up on their site tonight by Larry Wigge from nhl.com

The kid wearing the white skates with the golden Midas touch stickhandling and shooting the puck was desperately determined to be noticed.

There is nothing average or normal about the story of David Perron.

Read the whole article here

Edited by j8Zt8r

Yeah man i read that earlier as well. Very good article. I wonder what this "trick" is that he has that Tkachuk is trying to learn.

I liked that article. Cant wait for the YS Game!

BTW Do the YoungStars compete in the regular Skillscomp or do they have their own one?

The Skills comp is the reason why im into this ASG. Well okay, since David is in this years YoungStars Game, i will check that out as well.

Just to clarify I meant I don't remember the young stars or whatever having their own skills comp, but the 'real' all-stars do.

Yeah, i got that one, thanks for the heads up anyways.

Edit:

I thought it would be the first edition of a "YoungStars" game?! I usually dont check the ASG, so wastn sure.

Edited by Sven

The youngstars game isn't actually a game this year, it's a bastardized version of 3-3 hockey thats going to be included as part of the superskills game. Using the goalies that are already elected to the main allstar game