Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

Only Patrick Berglund had fewer shifts than David tonight. I know I'm beating a dead horse, but trying not to lose is no way to win on a regular basis.

Just for the record, those are two separate statements. It was an observation on David's ice time and an observation on the style the team plays.

well after tonight's debacle it appears Andy Murray's days are numbered; he all but blamed the loss on David - from the Blues team forum on StLtoday.com

"Murray's response to 3 out 4 questions asked to him in his post gamer about losing the game and blowing the lead?

"The 'symptom' was we had 'a' forward on the ice at the end of a shift that was tired. He tried to beat someone at the offensive blueline at the end of a shift. The things we've talked about...not getting it deep. We got caught at the backside of a change and FROM THAT POINT ON OF THE SHIFT WE SPENT THE ENTIRE TIME ON OUR SIDE OF THE REDLINE. It's a symptom of the things we've talked about."

How does this team do a better job of closing out periods?

"Well, you don't turn pucks over at the offensive blue line with less than a minute left. When you make plays like that, its against what our team needs. Again, one of our guys that had been on the ice for a minute and ten seconds didn't get it deep, didn't get off and we got ourselves in trouble."

I went back and watched the exact play he's talking about. It happened with 1:30 left in the period. Perron got the puck knocked away at the blue line. Possession went back and forth a few times. The Blues got the puck out of their end FOUR times. Completed an ENTIRE line change. Got the puck COMPLETLY BEYOND THE RED LINE and DEEP INTO THE OILERS ZONE and had plenty of time to reset themselves defensivley. A MINUTE and TWENTY SECONDS after Perron's "game defeating turnover" the Oilers score.

thats gotta be frustrating when you feel like the coach has it out for you. like he is just waiting for you to screw up once so he can jump all over you. it just seems like instead of playing to win - murray is busy trying to play not to lose. you cant sit back and rest on a lead anymore - it doesnt work.

Edited by camhockey16

Who is available to coach though? It's not like there are a ton of candidates with NHL experience waiting for a job. Even my favorite french canadian former NHL coach can be a little hard on kids.

Words from a real fan, wise words!

Looking forward to meet you one day Jeff!

Peace bro...

None of the young Blues will shine under Murray

Just be patient David you are still playing very well and do not take it personally.

The most disappointing thing with Murray is that Every game you start almost from the ground up.

The accomplishments of the game before are ignored.

Actually what people have to realize is it is even more amazing what David Perron has accomplished under Murray.

It truly is, I would think that many young players would wither under this man.

PS : David Don't let the media trick you into saying anything.

Things will play out and take care of themselves. Stay as far away from this as you can.

Edited by Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

Who is available to coach though? It's not like there are a ton of candidates with NHL experience waiting for a job. Even my favorite french canadian former NHL coach can be a little hard on kids.

Being tough on the kids is one thing. A coach can't let them run the show..he's still in charge and young players have to have/know therir place as do veterans. What is annoying about Murray..is not that he is tough on David (and others) as a young player...but he is a wildly talented player who is not being used effectively. I think if Daivd was 3 or 4 year more experienced in the League it wouldn't matter. Murray just doesn't know who to use his skill set properly.

Age may have something to dowith it...but I think the bigger issue is Murray is a bad coach for this NHL.

Who is the coach you speak of btw?

Age may have something to dowith it...but I think the bigger issue is Murray is a bad coach for this NHL.

That's what I've been saying for a while. It's not just a David thing, his situation has just been a lightning rod to attract more attention from many of us.

well after tonight's debacle it appears Andy Murray's days are numbered; he all but blamed the loss on David - from the Blues team forum on StLtoday.com

"Murray's response to 3 out 4 questions asked to him in his post gamer about losing the game and blowing the lead?

"The 'symptom' was we had 'a' forward on the ice at the end of a shift that was tired. He tried to beat someone at the offensive blueline at the end of a shift. The things we've talked about...not getting it deep. We got caught at the backside of a change and FROM THAT POINT ON OF THE SHIFT WE SPENT THE ENTIRE TIME ON OUR SIDE OF THE REDLINE. It's a symptom of the things we've talked about."

How does this team do a better job of closing out periods?

"Well, you don't turn pucks over at the offensive blue line with less than a minute left. When you make plays like that, its against what our team needs. Again, one of our guys that had been on the ice for a minute and ten seconds didn't get it deep, didn't get off and we got ourselves in trouble."

I went back and watched the exact play he's talking about. It happened with 1:30 left in the period. Perron got the puck knocked away at the blue line. Possession went back and forth a few times. The Blues got the puck out of their end FOUR times. Completed an ENTIRE line change. Got the puck COMPLETLY BEYOND THE RED LINE and DEEP INTO THE OILERS ZONE and had plenty of time to reset themselves defensivley. A MINUTE and TWENTY SECONDS after Perron's "game defeating turnover" the Oilers score.

Thats Murray for you. Blues fans thought that some of us Kings fans were bitter about losing a "great" coach in Murray and now some of them realize what we were talking about. Hes a good coach for tournaments but when it comes to young guys in the NHL, not so much. He expects guys to conform to his style of play and play a grinding style of game. I dont think its a coincidence that after a few years of his style teams start to have major injury issues. Edited by KingPest19

agree with JR, Hartley would be a good fit for this team, I actually thought Laviolette would be a better fit but that's a moot point now

sampling the fans thoughts about last night's game and the overall performance this season, most think Murray is on borrowed time, most suspect he and David do not see eye to eye and most support David knowing he'll grow into a superstar in this league - and we want him to do that wearing the Note.

Keep your head up David, play your game, all will work out. Remember, you're being paid a lot of money to do something you love, not all of us can say that about life. I go to "work" each day, you get to play hockey in the NHL!!

Edited by Judge Smails

agree with JR, Hartley would be a good fit for this team, I actually thought Laviolette would be a better fit but that's a moot point now

JR was answering the question about who I was referring to, his opinion on Hartley may or may not be the same. I think the world of Hartley (as a person and a coach) and would love to see him back in the NHL, but I'm not sure if this is the right spot.

Chadd, you're right, I misread but I still like him and while Hartley can be hard on the kids, there's nothing wrong with that. Murray isn't hard on kids, he's inconsistent with them and has them playing tight and scared.

example, after the 6-1 shellacking of Vancouver (David's hat trick game) the next practice he's chastized the players saying they were too loose and needed to "tighten it up" we now say that as a joke in the stands whenever we get the lead "Tighten it up boys" we yell. It's such a waste of all that young talent - Perron is one thing, what Murray's done to Patrik Berglund is another discussion to be having

Chadd, you're right, I misread but I still like him and while Hartley can be hard on the kids, there's nothing wrong with that. Murray isn't hard on kids, he's inconsistent with them and has them playing tight and scared.

example, after the 6-1 shellacking of Vancouver (David's hat trick game) the next practice he's chastized the players saying they were too loose and needed to "tighten it up" we now say that as a joke in the stands whenever we get the lead "Tighten it up boys" we yell. It's such a waste of all that young talent - Perron is one thing, what Murray's done to Patrik Berglund is another discussion to be having

I wasn't saying that he would be like Murray in that respect. Bob has a tendency to shorten the bench pretty quickly and really ride his top guys. That's something that is harder to do in the "new" NHL and the Blues don't really have a clearly defined top tier of players. All of those things may work together and result in things working out well. That would be for the front office to consider when making the decision. I do like the philosophy he had when he was coaching Here and in Colorado; "I'm not paid to be their friend, I'm paid to get everything out of them that I believe is inside them." The wording may not be 100% but that was the gist of what he told us.

At this point, one has to believe that they are working through their list of candidates.

Who is available to coach though?

If Ted Nolan hasn't been completely blacklisted from the NHL, there's no denying his credentials. To me, the Blues are just overflowing with talent locked in a far too rigid system. They need a player's coach.

Who is available to coach though?

If Ted Nolan hasn't been completely blacklisted from the NHL, there's no denying his credentials. To me, the Blues are just overflowing with talent locked in a far too rigid system. They need a player's coach.

He's a VP for the Rochester Americans right now, he just seems to create discord wherever he goes. I'm not sure I would want him around this team. There's nothing wrong with having a system or holding players accountable for their mistakes. The problem is having a system that doesn't fit the team and punishing certain players for mistakes while ignoring others.

Don't worry guys, what doesn't kill you, make you stronger...:)

We don't want you getting in trouble over our opinions. ;)

blue4ever Posted Today, 06:58 PM

QUOTE (DP_57 @ Dec 13 2009, 04:25 PM)

Don't worry guys, what doesn't kill you, make you stronger...

Tell me about it, I have been married to the same woman for 25 years

now that's funny stuff

David, when all the former Blues come in Tuesday for Brett Hull night, just ask them what is was like to play for Mike Keenan - you'll think Murray is your best buddy compared to Iron Mike

Iron Mike had some logic behind what he was doing, the other one, I'm not sure! ;)

blue4ever Posted Today, 06:58 PM

QUOTE (DP_57 @ Dec 13 2009, 04:25 PM)

Don't worry guys, what doesn't kill you, make you stronger...

Tell me about it, I have been married to the same woman for 25 years

now that's funny stuff

David, when all the former Blues come in Tuesday for Brett Hull night, just ask them what is was like to play for Mike Keenan - you'll think Murray is your best buddy compared to Iron Mike

Kovy_Ribs_Fedo Posted Today, 09:40 PM

Iron Mike had some logic behind what he was doing, the other one, I'm not sure!

Kovy you just made me spit out my Diet Coke :lol:

my favorite crazy Keenan story was when he supposedly made Denis Savard stay at a different hotel from the rest of the Blackhawks because "he wasn't a team player" Imagine a coach trying to pull that today

My Coach had a Keenan moment last year at an away game. We lost bad and he made us run laps around their rink in all our equip - skates / helmets. The other team got a good laugh out of it. I forgot what the message from our coach was. Something about if we wanted to embarrass ourselves we don't have to stop when the game is over. t_t.

Keep at it David. Too bad you're not visiting the Isles or Rangers this year. Might just have to pick up tickets for the game @ Jersey.

Edited by lotus