Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

as per twitter:

//

DP_57:

From now til end of the month, I will donate 1$ for each follower I get to the Red Cross Haiti Relief Fund #haiti #NHL

//

Amazing. Thanks David. Everyone be sure to follow him if you're not.

http://twitter.com/DP_57

Edited by lotus

David has found a very cool way to be charitable to a great cause.. His story is getting some attention on Yahoo! sports and Puck Daddy and some other places and he's showing that athletes on twitter/facebook etc. can do some positive things with it. He obviously doesnt respond to every post or comment on his pages but it does give a neat little look into some behind the scenes stuff depending on what type of information he divulges.

Props on using technology available to him a cool way and for being so accessible to fans in that regard. Even better to find a way to raise some money for a cause.

David and his road roommate Cam Janssen were interviewed for the new issue of Hockey News.. I gotta say the prank is pretty funny but kinda weird :blink:

Cool article to see what kinda jokes and such roommates pull on eachother. Maybe we can get some stories from some other guys :)

David

Did you touch that puck last night agains't the Sharks on the second goal ?

I have been watching this replay with my old eyes and there is a split second there that it looks like you did.

Only you know for sure.

Thanks

Yup, I touched it. You are right that we can't see it, but as a hockey player you know the feel of a puck hitting your stick... but it won't be changed I guess. I've had 2 pts in the las 4 games like that, but hey stuff happens.

By the way, you guys saw the twitter thing I'm doing for Haiti. It would be awesome if you could create an account and start following me if you do not already. Thanks. My username is DP_57

I went ahead and followed you for that. I hardly ever go on twitter except for when a post of yours is linked in this thread, but it's a really nice thing you're doing.

Edited by cptjeff

Hell of a wrister by DP_57. Funny thing I was just surfing through some old threads about his rise up the chart in his draft year...and I hear "David Perron scores..."

This is now the third goal that has been taken away from David Perron by the Home town scorekeepers.

Not too mention last night the goal was taken away one hour after the game had ended.

Watched hockey a long time and I have never seen a goal changed that long after a game has ended.

Oh well he sure has not had any lucky breaks this season scoring wise because he would have 20 goals by now.

Keep Plugging away David it will all balance out some day.

The penalty calls where garbage.

Perron is held trying to go in on goal and they call him for highsticking.

Wow! I just read this entire thread in two sittings (recovering from cancer treatments, therefore a lotta time on my hands).

I think someone should make a movie out of David's inspirational story. Maybe Oren Koules can make it now that he no longer

owns Tampa Bay? :P

This is now the third goal that has been taken away from David Perron by the Home town scorekeepers.

Not too mention last night the goal was taken away one hour after the game had ended.

Watched hockey a long time and I have never seen a goal changed that long after a game has ended.

Oh well he sure has not had any lucky breaks this season scoring wise because he would have 20 goals by now.

Keep Plugging away David it will all balance out some day.

The penalty calls where garbage.

Perron is held trying to go in on goal and they call him for highsticking.

I don't think one hour is that long after the game to change a stat

Wow! I just read this entire thread in two sittings (recovering from cancer treatments, therefore a lotta time on my hands).

I think someone should make a movie out of David's inspirational story. Maybe Oren Koules can make it now that he no longer

owns Tampa Bay? :P

That's funny - actually OK and I have talked about DP.

Hey, as long as I get a cameo role in it...this face is too pretty not to be on the silver screen.

i was trying to think what actor could play DP and the best i could think of so far is steve-o, i think i can do better i just gotta think more :P

i already know who would play JR

180px-Jamal_Mayers_2006.jpg

are those pretty good? - i could probably come up with better ones if i think a little longer

Edited by camhockey16

Nah, JR plays Jamal Mayers, and gets all the SAG, Golden Globe & Oscar Supporting Actor nods for how he handles the "Trading scene" and Jonathon Coachman (WWF/WWE) plays JR in the DP Draft day scene:

coachman.jpg

Nah, JR plays Jamal Mayers, and gets all the SAG, Golden Globe & Oscar Supporting Actor nods for how he handles the "Trading scene" and Jonathon Coachman (WWF/WWE) plays JR in the DP Draft day scene:

The draft day scene will have to include several hours at the Irish pub and a stop and the waffle house.

RadioGaGa Posted Yesterday, 08:30 PM

QUOTE (camhockey16 @ Feb 10 2010, 07:06 PM)

alright you found a better match for JR - what about DP?

Jay Baruchel?

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm559324416/nm0059431

that's exactly who I was thinking of, the guy who played "Danger" in Million Dollar Baby

or what about the guy who played McLovin in Superbad - Christopher Mintz-Plasse

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm2395586/

Edited by Judge Smails