Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

As noted in another thread, it appears he's back to tongues-out/taped tendon guards as of his Ducks debut, after going the first half of the season with tongues in/no tape for I believe the first time in his career. Certainly didn't seem to be doing much for him. I'm sure AK27 is smiling somewhere too.

Really hoping the Habs pick him up as a UFA in the off-season. I think he would be a good fit on the second line with Plekanec. I'm sure the Kovalev factor would be a consideration in him signing with the Habs! I wouldn't mind him getting 20 mil for 4 years.

That being said, all of this doesn't matter if the Habs really are keeping Therrien... No hope in sight.

• Like 1

great game from David last night. Third career hat trick (2nd w/Blues). He's been playing great all season so it was nice to see him finally get some goals. He could've had 4 but passed to Steen at the end for the empty netter..

• Like 1

Never thought I'd see this. Looks like he's ditched his tweaked Kovalev mirror patterns for a P92 or something similar.

630811530_slide.jpg

From what I could see on Getty Images, he seems to have made the change early on this season.

On 1/3/2017 at 6:47 AM, flip12 said:

Never thought I'd see this. Looks like he's ditched his tweaked Kovalev mirror patterns for a P92 or something similar.

From what I could see on Getty Images, he seems to have made the change early on this season.

Its the same length and rocker, the curve is more of a x28 with more toe, no heel kink and a taller blade at the first section.  I like it way better than a bc27.

• Like 1

On 10/29/2017 at 4:23 PM, BureKovy said:

Its the same length and rocker, the curve is more of a x28 with more toe, no heel kink and a taller blade at the first section.  I like it way better than a bc27.

Looks like he's onto a pretty standard X28 this year after using the P92 last year.

What you describe and what I've seen of his Kovalevish patterns, they remind me of the Leino I have: pretty much a Kovalev crossed with X28: similar rocker as the Kovalev has, but with the crest closer to the toe than the heel; curve wise it's like a kinked X28: more open and more mid-toe on its second curve than the Kovalevs I have. Both Kovalev's straighter-toe patterns and later major toe kink patterns have a longer second lie portion, where pretty much the last 1/2 - 2/3 of the blade are higher lie than the heel. The Base Kovalev is even higher in the secondary rocker area, I'm guessing to work with the curve meeting the puck further forward from the shaft's neutral line.

And he got to wear his white skates again!!!! David’s still in the league; haven’t heard from Andy Murray.

Congrats to David Perron!!!!!

• Like 1

it's been awhile since I've posted but all I can say is "WOW!"  I never knew David was such a party animal. I still have his game worn jersey from the night of the now infamous Joe Thornton hit.

https://twitter.com/Dutch_Bluesfan/status/1139777370200649728

a clip from the local St Louis news during the parade

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNMceWj9N-c

• Like 1

Just saw the video on Sportsnet of David with the Cup back home. Looks like he had a ball hockey game/tourney in his hometown and all his buddies were drinking beer from the Cup. Saw his brother Pascal in the video as well. 

• Like 1