Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

Here's an article about the Blues prospects and the development camp that the Blues are holding.

About half way through there is a section about David and his "interesting" skates.

What does it change to Murray if he wears white skates or not? I'm sure Denis Savard has no problem with that as a coach...

Here's an article about the Blues prospects and the development camp that the Blues are holding.

About half way through there is a section about David and his "interesting" skates.

This is why I made this post, people seem to have a real problem with flashy skates

http://www.modsquadhockey.com/forums/index...c=31949&hl=

What does it change to Murray if he wears white skates or not? I'm sure Denis Savard has no problem with that as a coach...

I think in some circles "white skates" could be seen as a "look at me" statement which some might consider anti the team ethic and attention seeking. It might be suggested that any player lets his skills (or other assets) stand out rather than having flashy skates.

"Andy Murray agrees and will make sure Perron has black skates on when the Lewiston MAINEiac returns for training camp in the fall."

I would be surprised if he was serious.

"Perron likes to show off which is fine if he can back it up when he faces pro competition."

If Andy Strickland thinks it's showing off when you take the time and every opportunity to practice your skills I don't think he knows what it takes to become an elite athlete.

It's just looked down upon in the same way that picking a high number is looked down upon. I don't care either way, white skates disgust me but I'm not going to care about someone wearing them, plus I've worn gross numbers before.

Yeah, it's an attention thing. Hockey is a team sport and David is a very talented individual, but there is something to be said, as we'd all agree, about the "team first" attitude that is necessary to play the game. And I'm not saying David doesn't have that, not at all, this is far from a comment on David but rather an indication of why Andy Murray would want him to wear black skates.

And actually, Storm, Strickland is right. Numerous reports that I've read on the first day of prospect camp cite Perron as being visibly sure of himself -- they didn't say that to discount him, in fact, most accounts I've read finished their citation with an indication that they were really impressed with his hands and his moves, that he does, in fact, have the skill set to back up his "cockiness"...

So, there's that.

Stop being Jealous. I dont think David or anyone else cares that is wasnt his draft year. Im pretty sure any hockey player would be glad they got drafted into the show. Its a dream for most players

not to be a dick or anything...but this accomplishment is good...but it wasn't even his draft year...he wasn't drafted in his REAL draft year...which kind of downgrades this 1st round selection

Going in the first round is never a downgrade. He played in a league with very little visibility last year and wasn't seen by scouts. This year, he was seen and what the scouts saw warranted a first round pick. If anything, it's a lesson in hard work and dedication paying off. Some guys might have given up after being passed over the first time around, the fact that David didn't should teach us all something.

Just keep us updated on where you go in your "real" draft year.

not to be a dick or anything...but this accomplishment is good...but it wasn't even his draft year...he wasn't drafted in his REAL draft year...which kind of downgrades this 1st round selection

Wow...have you even read the thread?

What round did you get drafted in again?

Damn, does that ever suck. Now David won't have an opportunity to go to an NHL training camp this year and maybe even play in an NHL game (or more). And he definitely won't be signing a contract for more money than most of us will ever earn to play a game he loves to play. He also won't be receiving the best training and coaching available so that he can develop his game to its peak and build a career for himself playing hockey.

Oh wait, yes he will.

Edited by Neal

Alrite, your an idiot. Are you actually saying that he wasn't taken in his draft year is a downgrade. If you play competitive hockey, you realize how many good kids never even talk to a pro team or get a look from a major junior league. This kid worked his ass off, became a first round pick and is talked about being one of the biggest steals of the draft because his creativity with the puck. When you are called a young Alexei Kovalev, you can let me and everyone else on the board know.

He continues to impress...

Part about Perron in bold a little lower.

31 000 $ recueillis au tournoi À bout de souffle

Charles Rooke

Le Journal de Montréal

30/07/2007 11h40 - Mise à jour 30/07/2007 12h03

MAGOG | En plus d'offrir des rencontres de haut calibre, le tournoi à bout de souffle aura finalement permis d'amasser 31 000 $ pour sept oeuvres de bienfaisance de l'Estrie.

Le tournoi a donc récolté 6 000$ de plus que lors de l'édition précédente, ce qui est au-delà des espérances des organisateurs.

«Avant le tournoi, on se disait que si on pouvait répéter ce qu'on a amassé l'an dernier, ça serait bon, et là, on est rendus dans les 30 000 $, c'est vraiment spécial», a affirmé Yanic Perreault, le joueur de centre des Blackhawks de Chicago, qui fait également partie du comité organisateur.

«On est chanceux d'avoir le meilleur joueur du monde en Sidney Crosby avec nous et on espère encore l'avoir avec nous l'an prochain», a-t-il enchaîné.

Le joueur vedette des Penguins de Pittsburgh n'a pas voulu le confirmer, mais il semble que les chances soient bonnes.

«La date est toujours inscrite dans mon agenda. C'est ma troisième participation en quatre ans et je m'amuse vraiment chaque fois que je viens. C'est très bien organisé», a dit le numéro 87, qui se préparait à regagner sa Nouvelle-Écosse natale.

Deuxième titre pour Perreault

C'est d'ailleurs l'équipe Perreault Maxi-Club de Sidney Crosby et de Yanic Perreault qui a remporté un deuxième titre consécutif hier, dans une victoire de 6 à 4 face au M-150.

«Disons que c'est beaucoup plus agréable de voir le chèque que de soulever le trophée», a lancé Crosby.

Si l'équipe veut remporter un troisième titre l'an prochain, elle ne pourra rien tenir pour acquis. «On s'en parle entre nous pendant la saison et les joueurs commencent leur recrutement de plus en plus de bonne heure», a raconté Perreault.

Premier choix des Blues de Saint Louis lors du dernier repêchage, David Perron a édité le livre des records du tournoi à bout de souffle dans la catégorie Sport Wellington. En finale, il a marqué six buts, ce qui a porté son total à 31 pour les six matchs qu'il a disputés. Il a de plus récolté 36 mentions d'aide.

On aurait entendu une mouche voler dans l'aréna de Magog lors de la demi-finale entre le Perreault Maxi-Club et le Thibault Pontiac-Buick, tellement les gens étaient concentrés sur les belles pièces de jeu qui s'offraient à eux.

En plus de venir en aide à des bonnes causes, le tournoi a une autre vocation noble. «On veut également donner l'occasion à ceux qui n'ont pas la chance d'aller au Centre Bell pendant la saison de venir nous voir jouer au coût de 5 $ ou 10 $», a expliqué Perreault.