Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

C'mon, hes a MSHer. Everyone of us would do it ;)

He's an NHL MSHer. The best of all worlds. He WANTS to try everything...and the companies will line up to LET him.

Talk about living the dream.

Actually, the little bugger told me he's going to go with Warrior/MIA gloves.

White 9k's...Warrior gloves...? Hmmmm, If he REALLY wants to be Kovalev-esque....he needs to go sans visor...although I doubt that will happen.

WEhy, he's cutting the mustard. Not like he needs to ketchup. I'm sure he's relishing the opportunity. Complaining about a number would put him in a pickle.

True, he doesn't want to come off like a hot dog.

I'm impressed (and amused), boys.

yahoo sports

Impressive yahoo gave him credit for both assists on one goal, and dont even have him on the game sheet for having dressed.

Yeah, that's false. He played in the AHL game... I don't believe he played in the NHL game.

This just came from Andy Strickland. Great write up and he seems to be not taking no for an answer.

We all know plans can change overnight in the NHL. No one really knew what to expect from first round pick David Perron heading into training camp. We knew his skill level was good enough to play in the show. What we didn’t know was whether or not he could compete at this level. Was he strong enough to play with the big boys?

Thus far Perron has passed every test. Head Coach Andy Murray was reluctant to play him in an NHL pre-season game because it wouldn’t be fair to sit a player who is battling for a roster spot. Well now Perron has forced their hand and is in serious contention to earn a job with the St. Louis Blues.

Expect Perron to play this weekend in either Atlanta or Chicago.

Blues management is laughing at a scouting report written by Red line that suggested a swift breeze could knock Perron off the puck. The kid has shown the exact opposite in both the Super Series as well as in camp. The most impressive part of his game has been his willingness to win battles. He doesn’t back down in the corners and his playmaking ability is something this club could certainly use. One of the first things that caught my eye was how this kid competed against Keith Tkachuk in a two on two drill over the weekend. There hasn’t been one moment where Perron looked like he didn’t belong.

We all know the Blues need to improve offensively and on the power play from a season ago. Keeping Perron is one way to accomplish that. He can make plays and like Paul Kariya he makes others around him better. I am asked all the time if he is too cocky. I say who cares; he’ll learn real quickly to simmer down if his ego gets a little out of control. Let’s just say he isn’t lacking confidence and he has rubbed some of his teammates the wrong way. With that being said he has been a solid teammate off the ice and from that standpoint the organization is thrilled with his attitude.

In order for Perron to stick with the St. Louis Blues, President John Davidson needs to be convinced of three things. The first being that it’s worth it to burn a year, especially if Perron struggles staying in the lineup. This issue really doesn’t mean very much when you consider the fact that you normally resign guys prior to free agency anyway.

The second question is to make sure Perron gets enough ice time if he stays in St. Louis with the Blues. It would obviously be counterproductive to keep him here if he’s only playing eight minutes a night.

And last the Blues will want to be convinced Perron can handle the travel and the overall grind of the NHL schedule. Last season Perron led his QMJHL team in Lewiston to the Memorial Cup and he recently played in the Super Series so he played a lot of games in the last year. He was a little tired coming off the Super Series at the beginning of camp.

The Blues know he can play and they know he will be good, the next couple of weeks will tell us if he is good enough right now. The Blues are smart enough to keep everything in moderation and will allow everything to work itself out. If he’s ready he’ll stay.

David Perron will be my guest Thursday night at 7:00 on the Blues Buzz radio show ion 1380 ESPN.

Edited by j8Zt8r

OK, I'm recording it. They're just in the middle of talking about the white skates, and how they don't want to offend the vets...

Now, about how his brother (kovy_ribs_fedo) taught him his stickhandling...

How do I post this (later)?

OK, I'm recording it. They're just in the middle of talking about the white skates, and how they don't want to offend the vets...

Now, about how his brother (kovy_ribs_fedo) taught him his stickhandling...

How do I post this (later)?

E-mail it to JR.

yousendit.com and megaupload.com are quiet user friendly, alternativly theres always youtube but with their copyright policy you never know.

I think with yousendit and megaupload they send the download link to the email address you enter as the recipient so if you emailed it to yourself you could post the link to the file, I think...