Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

wow im surprised that didnt turn into a bigger deal, i tried watching the series to see david but i had too much stuff and didnt really care to see it, so i didint realize he didnt play in game 8, but i mean "perron benched a game for fight about wearing black tape on shin pads" would make an interesting headline if you ask me.

Edited by bigdaddykane

2 assists in 14.26 of ice time Vs the Hawks ... technically the most productive player in the least amount of time on the rink. Also 4 hits, think the highest guy in the game had 5.

He played a really good physical game. I know Andy Murray and JD are both really high on him and he's done nothing but impress. I'm positive they will carry him into the season on the roster, probably playing him with Weight and Rucinsky considering he and Weight seem to have such good chemistry. If he continues on the path he's on now, I wouldn't be surprised if he stuck around after his first nine and if he can handle the rigors of the NHL schedule... be a leading canidate for rookie of the year.

He was much more visible than Kane was.

This goes along with what a couple people have told me as well. This is from Andy Strickland.

Yesterday I said forward Mike Glumac’s solid pre-season had put him in position to make this team. That was before rookie David Perron saved his best performance for last. Perron set up Doug Weight with a pair of goals in Saturday’s loss to Chicago. The 19-year-old displayed some sick playmaking ability on both of his assists.

Despite having expectations to make the playoffs this season, the Blues remain in rebuilding mode. Inserting young fresh faces in the lineup is part of that process. When it comes to Perron, the management and the coaching staff have to decide what is best for both the organization and the kid.

In the last 24 hours I have had multiple Blues players express how impressed they’ve been with Perron.

As it sits right now the Blues will sign Mike Johnson, and keep Perron. Stay tuned!

Edited by j8Zt8r

Yeah, it wasn't a fight with Brandon, it was with the coach, Brent, and it was because Brent was ragging on David for using Black tape to tape his shinguards... or something really silly like that.

He also said some choice words to him. Needless to say, Sutter's about to eat crow.

Yeah. David's relationship with a hardass like Brent Sutter means nothing to me or to the Blues. Andy Murray steers that ship and by all accounts he and JD are really high on David's abilities and moreover his dedication, tenacity and attitude. He's the real thing, we all know it here at MSH and whatever reservations the Blues front office had have been blown away over the course of this summer.

It's only a matter of time before David is schooling Sutter's Devils.

Still up in the air, the Cajanek/Johnson scenario is what's stalling the news -- that is to say, the Blues want to offer Mike Johnson a contract but if they do AND keep Perron they will have 23 players and can't recall Cajanek (which is the idea, they want someone to grab him on re-entry) so without having the flexibility of pullling up Cajanek to dangle him out there at half salary in order to get someone to take him off the Blues books, the situation is tighter than it seems. What will probably happen is the Blues will keep Perron on and pull Cajanek back through, hopefully he gets claimed, but if he doesn't he'll probably be put right back on waivers and M. Johnson will be signed then and if he does get claimed then it just leaves room to sign M. Johnson then...

Hope that's not too confusing.

I don't know if it is public, can't check the Blues' site from work.

They're moving some guys to Peoria, waiving a couple.

They wouldn't send him down to juniors after making all of those moves - wouldn't make sense. He'd be the first transaction, not the last.

The last player transactions on their site are M. Kariya to Peoria, and Tanabe released from his Try Out contract. That leaves the roster at 26. It's dated today (3:43P).

Is it midnight tonight...or tomorrow that final rosters need to be into the League?

Should fine out later according to this:

From : http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...D6?OpenDocument

Dated 10/2

The deadline for turning in a 23-man NHL roster is today at 2 p.m., and the Blues figure to be posting theirs at the buzzer.

The club made several moves Monday, sending forward Martin Kariya to the Peoria Rivermen of the American Hockey League, putting forward Mike Glumac on waivers and releasing defenseman David Tanabe from his tryout contract. But as for whether the Blues will keep 19-year-old rookie forward David Perron or sign veteran forward Mike Johnson, that won't be known until this afternoon.

"We just want to make sure everything is right ... it's not any more than that," Blues President John Davidson said. "There's no rush. We don't have to do anything until (Tuesday). We'll get this thing decided before the deadline."

It appears the Blues are waiting to find out if Glumac and forward Petr Cajanek, who was placed on waivers Sunday, will clear. That answer will come by 11 a.m. today, giving the club three hours to make its decisions. Advertisement

Whether or not Glumac and Cajanek are still with the organization could have implications on the Blues keeping Perron or signing Johnson.

Perron, who would return to junior hockey if the Blues don't keep him, signed a three-year entry-level deal with the club this summer. He would be paid $787,000 if he makes the roster.

Johnson, a free agent tryout, earned $1.9 million last season with Montreal. He is expected to command a lot less if he signs with the Blues.

Though adding Perron and Johnson to the roster isn't cemented, the Blues have cleared the way for the two players by placing Glumac and Cajanek on waivers.

Perron and Johnson would make 24 players on the Blues' roster, and the club could get down to the 23-man limit by placing defenseman Jay McKee (out four to six weeks with a broken foot) on the injured list.

Perron was a long shot to make the team when he arrived at training camp three weeks ago, but the 26th pick in last June's draft has impressed the club's brass.

A 6-foot, 180-pound winger, Perron saved his best performance for last, dishing out two eye-popping assists in Saturday's 4-3 loss to Chicago.

Perron had one goal and those two assists in four exhibition games. His goal was Sept. 22 in a 3-2 win over Atlanta.

"He had a very good game in Atlanta," Blues coach Andy Murray said. "... He was poor in Minnesota, so you wonder if the fatigue of the camp was catching up with him. Then he comes in (Saturday) and certainly turned in a solid effort."

Perron, asked if he had done everything he could to make the Blues, said, "Yeah, I guess so. We'll see what's going to happen. I came in with the right attitude and the guys around me helped me a lot."

Way to go. Congrats, David. Good luck. Looking forward to see your name on the scoresheets ;) .

Edited by Hede