Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

This was on NHL.com today...

David Perron will start the season with the NHL's St. Louis Blues

Canadian Press Oct 2, 2007, 5:33 PM EDT

ST. LOUIS - David Perron, who wasn't drafted by an NHL team when he first became eligible last year, will start his hockey season with the St. Louis Blues.

The 19-year-old right-winger from Sherbrooke, Que., helped the QMJHL's Lewiston Maineiacs into the Memorial Cup tournament last spring. After an 83-point regular season that included a plus-37 plus-minus rating, he piled up a team-leading 28 playoff points.

With his name back in the NHL entry draft in June, the Blues took him 26th overall.

Perron was a longshot to land an NHL job this autumn after only one season of major junior hockey. When Lewiston took him in the QMJHL draft, he was the 101st player selected.

David's an inspiration to everyone on here. Even though I don't know him one bit....it's fun to feel like we're all connected through this site and we're all pulling for him.

When's his 1st post as a NHL player going to be? =)

Edited by Krog7d7

Congratulations and goodluck david! make us proud!

i arrive in LA on the 5th, i hope to get tickets to the STL-LA game!

Edited by tsiarls79

Congratulations David, it has been fun following the journey.

Found these bits at http://www.stltoday.com/blogs/sports-morni...for-now-anyway/

How would you like Doug Weight saying this about you!:

“The second one was just a great pickoff,” Weight said today. “It’s always the great players that can make those anticipation moves, where he knows what a guy is going to do before he does it. He picked it off, settled it down and laid it right on my stick. When you’re out here playing against the men in this league for your first stint, to go around the net and head fake a couple of guys and find me right on my tape, it says a lot about his poise.”

Oh and the white skates story!:

“Well, just to work as hard as I can,” he said. “If the team wins, obviously it’s going to be better.”Perron is already growing. He showed up at training camp with white skates and quickly learned that they weren’t going to fly with Murray.

“He took his skates out of the bag and right away I had the trainers paint them black,” Murray said. ”He wasn’t going to be different than anybody else.”

Perron noted that they were “partly white.”

“I got here and I see my skates black . . . I was like ‘Oh, what happened there?’” Perron said. “I see that they spray-painted them. Andy talked to me about it the second day. I understand why. Keith Tkachuk and Paul Kariya wouldn’t be happy to see a rookie with white skates. Hopefully in my career, I’ll be able to wear my white skates again.”

Clearly, the black skates were the key. I have just added him to the roster in the St. Louis Blues Wikipedia article, so now it's official.

Also, I was going to say take a single digit number, because that's what ballers do, but the Blues have them all taken or retired. He should get Paul Kariya traded somehow so he can take 9... Or he should really not take career advice from me.

Better late than never: Congratulations Dave. Im so happy (literally, not a effin phrase) for you. Dedication is the key.

Good on him making it past the cut downs. He should feel good about that. But that is just the slight opening of the door. The Blues still have 9 games to decide if he sticks or heads back to junior.

Good on him making it past the cut downs. He should feel good about that. But that is just the slight opening of the door. The Blues still have 9 games to decide if he sticks or heads back to junior.

He realizes that.

Plus, dunno if this has been mentioned, but it is 9 games that he plays in - not the Blues' first 9 games of the season.

He realizes that.

Plus, dunno if this has been mentioned, but it is 9 games that he plays in - not the Blues' first 9 games of the season.

True, they could drag it out as long as they want so long as he doesn't play 10 games. Actually, they can ship him back to juniors at any time, it is just that once he has played in 10 games, it counts as a season off of his contract.

I'm sure he realizes that, I was just putting it out there for some of these kids to understand. He made opening night and now he has to prove he belongs for the long haul. One can always point to Jordan Staal and Patrice Bergeron for inspiration. Both of those guys were expected to just get a taste of NHL life in training camp and then be shipped back to juniors.

Honestly, going back to the Q would not be a bad thing at all and i actually think it's going to happen. (Not because of David's performances at all). Then David could dominate the league with plenty of ice time and show off his fancy moves on more vulnerable defensemans. Travelling in bus must suck tho. :P

Honestly, going back to the Q would not be a bad thing at all and i actually think it's going to happen. (Not because of David's performances at all). Then David could dominate the league with plenty of ice time and show off his fancy moves on more vulnerable defensemans. Travelling in bus must suck tho. :P

Trust me, if he does return to the Q, the Blues won't be sending him there to dangle for a year. He'll have his list of things to focus on and improve, it won't be a season to waste.

He won't be playing tomorow, Andy Murray wants him to watch a game before he gets into it. (don't know what that means as i'm sure hes watched a game before) and the BLues will pick and chose their games wisely with him. article at hockeybuzz

He won't be playing tomorow, Andy Murray wants him to watch a game before he gets into it. (don't know what that means as i'm sure hes watched a game before) and the BLues will pick and chose their games wisely with him. article at hockeybuzz

I was thinking about going to that game, thanks for the heads up.

New information today from Stricky.

19 year old rookie David Perron will not be in the lineup when the Blues open up the season against the Coyotes. Andy Murray would like Perron to have a chance to sit back and watch a game before he jumps into the fire. You should expect the former Quebec league star to make his NHL debut Saturday night in Los Angeles. It does not count as a game played unless Perron is dressed and actually on the bench participating in the game. The Blues will wisely pick their spots on when to dress the young playmaker.

Perron recently called former Lewiston Maineiacs teammate and Los Angeles Kings rookie goaltender Jonathan Bernier to tell him he hopes he’s in goal Saturday so he can bury one past him.

I cut out all of the stuff not related to David.

His confidence keeps on going. Good luck once again.

I remeber hearing earlier that if Johnson signed with the Blues Perron would be sent down, i could have read it wrong but Johnson just signed with the blues today.

I remeber hearing earlier that if Johnson signed with the Blues Perron would be sent down, i could have read it wrong but Johnson just signed with the blues today.

No, that was why Cajanek was sent down. Getting Johnson replaces him, then they put McKee on IR leaving them at 23.