Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

David scorred again tonight.

EDIT: Couple of seconds late, he might get picked for the shootout if it stays tied.

Edited by D3nZ

he put one in tonight in his 10th game, so he'll be staying in St. Louis for the rest of the year.

He's going to stay up because he earns his spot in the lineup, not just because he played in 10 games. A player can still be sent down to juniors after ten games. M. A. Fluery in 03-04 is the most recent example that comes to mind.

Perron hits the post on his first shootout shot.

Made the goalie look foolish, as did Boyes.

i noticed he flipped back and forth between his reebok o stick and the ak27 in the games i have seen - i don't see many players do that (i assume becuase they are sponsored by one company?)

March 18 in Montreal....prodigy meets hero...I have a feeling Kovy_Ribs won't have to worry about getting tickets to the game

David plays like Kovy and pretty much wears the same equipment as him too. He's probably going to freak out when he plays Kovy, or maybe Kovy will freak out watching him. Anyways I'm getting tickets to that.

March 18 in Montreal....prodigy meets hero...I have a feeling Kovy_Ribs won't have to worry about getting tickets to the game

David plays like Kovy and pretty much wears the same equipment as him too. He's probably going to freak out when he plays Kovy, or maybe Kovy will freak out watching him. Anyways I'm getting tickets to that.

it will probably be one giant nerdgasm in the locker room before that game - i would love to hear what kovalev ends up saying to him - he would have to be at least a little bit flattered by the whole thing

I have had that one circled for a while.

From ESPN.com

Open Ice:Perron ahead of the game

By Sean Allen

http://sports.espn.go.com/fantasy/hockey/f...age=openice1116

David Perron, LW, Blues: Here is word for word, what I wrote in my NHL draft review in June: "Perron has hands that have to be seen to be believed. His offensive skills rival anyone's in the draft, but he lacks the ability to go into the corners and play tough. Big defenders will be able to push him around. He needs more time in the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League and maybe a year in the AHL, too, as he has been a late-bloomer to this point in his career. Fantasy owners should cross their fingers hoping he has a good attitude and is able to develop, because he has the hands of Alexei Kovalev." Clearly, he is set to battle at the NHL level, so I underestimated the speed of his development. I was not wrong about his hands though. As long as he keeps playing with impact players (Doug Weight and Lee Stempniak at even-strength, and Keith Tkachuk and Stempniak on the power play), he will be an impact player in his own right.

Edited by Chadd

the whole page can be found here

http://www.futureconsiderations.ca/dnn/Cal...98/Default.aspx

St. Louis Blues forward David Perron has also been scoring at a torrid pace, recording eight points in 10 games to start his NHL career. Perron, the fifth youngest skater in Blues history when he first hit the ice at 19 years, 137 days, is second only to Toews and his Blackhawks teammate Patrick Kane in points-per-game by a rookie.

Perron is joined on the list by St. Louis teammate Steve Wagner, ranked 10th on the list. Wagner returns to the list after a three week absence. Teammate Erik Johnson also received votes this week but did not make the list.

Moving up to #5 after being #9 last week.

5 - 9 - David Perron - St. Louis Blues

Another late addition to the race after sitting out much of the start to the season, St. Louis Blues forward David Perron has more than justified his presence on an NHL roster. With eight points in 10 games, only the rookie duo for the Chicago Blackhawks have a higher points-per-game ratio. The fifth youngest player ever to suit up for the Blues, Perron is plus-3 while averaging 13 minutes per game this year.

I read today that David Perron is playing so well that Jay Mckee might be coming back here for Max Afinogenov.

A career under achiever who doesn't pass enough? What does that have to do with David?

I read today that David Perron is playing so well that Jay Mckee might be coming back here for Max Afinogenov.

That's not going to happen, JD has publicly denied this particular trade. Why would they add another forward if they're so impressed with David's play?

That deal makes no sense.

"We're very happy with the play of this offensive-minded rookie forward. With that in mind we are going to deal a shot-blocking defenseman for another offensive-minded forward."