Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

Blues Open Line (post game show) was really commending David's game tonight. Yeah he had the goal & an assist...but they mentioned how his play was responsible for a couple of the other Blues goals even though he didn't get assists...and also how even though defense isn't his specialty...he disrupted the Jacket break-out all night long...through the neutral zone...etc...

Basically they concluded by saying it was one of his strongest games of the season (maybe tying with the 2 goal DET performance...)

any word if perron will be in the youngstars game this year? i definetly think he should be.

Do they still do that?

they did it last season. i hope they do it again.

i remember because i was happy that they had lee stempniak in it and i used to watch him skate here in peoria all the time.

Blues Open Line (post game show) was really commending David's game tonight. Yeah he had the goal & an assist...but they mentioned how his play was responsible for a couple of the other Blues goals even though he didn't get assists...and also how even though defense isn't his specialty...he disrupted the Jacket break-out all night long...through the neutral zone...etc...

Basically they concluded by saying it was one of his strongest games of the season (maybe tying with the 2 goal DET performance...)

He draws a lot of penalties too. Not sure if it happened tonight, missed the game.

I was at the game tonight and I'm really glad that Mac and David got to play together.

David's first period was... sluggish at best. He was benched with Boyes in the third period of last game. After the first half of his first period I was worried we wouldn't see him anymore...

But someone lit a fire in his ass between the first and the second.

He was getting really physical and took a couple of rought hits.. including one that could have ended up being really bad, should have been a boarding call.

He held up and showed some ace patience in setting up Mac.

He also had a shift where he really made Columbus look silly... he pulled a sexy spin o rama and dropped it to Mac who almost shit himself... then he picked it back up and just WALKED it through the defenses legs...

A very strong answer to a sub par showing last time around.

A friend wrote a blog last night on the Blues game. Here is the part talking about the line of David - McDonald - Boyes

Speaking of Perron, I thought he was the player of the game. Everyone knows how talented Perron is when he has the puck. Despite the fact that almost all his opponents boast more pure strength, he often manages to come away with the puck in one-on-one battles. That said, I'd argue his best asset is his forechecking. He's relentless in the offensive zone and gets the opposition's defense to cough up the puck time and time again. I was critical of the Blues after last game because they failed to attack, so it was refreshing to see a different mentality tonight.

The whole article is here.

He was getting really physical and took a couple of rought hits.. including one that could have ended up being really bad, should have been a boarding call.

I think that one would fall under 'trying to draw a penalty'. From the ice camera it looked like he was a good 4' from the boards when he got hit, then he laid on the ice face down for a good 7-8 seconds while the play was going around him. I got really worried when I saw that, then I saw him get up really quickly with no ill effects when he saw there wasn't a call made.

It was a very good game for him though, especially the third period.

I was in the other room and only heard TSN highlights...but I thought they said David scored....the statsheet (nhl.com) has Boyes from Perron....did they change it? Or did he never have it?

I saw the youngstars game is going to be 3 on 3 hockey this year.

The worst possible format they could have picked.

I think one-on-one would have been worse.
It's just going to be a breakaway relay, just like the skills competition. For every "good" thing this league does, they do at least three or four bad things to make up for it.

It's just going to be a breakaway relay, just like the skills competition. For every "good" thing this league does, they do at least three or four bad things to make up for it.

What "good" thing have they done lately? Or at least what have they done "right"?

Bettman wants the ASG to be just like the NBA. That's why they have the new shootout contest in the skills comp, and that's why the youngstars game will be less structured than the last time you played on a pond.

What "good" thing have they done lately? Or at least what have they done "right"?

Bettman wants the ASG to be just like the NBA. That's why they have the new shootout contest in the skills comp, and that's why the youngstars game will be less structured than the last time you played on a pond.

People have been calling for a trick shot competition, there was a topic on it here a while ago. It will generate some sportscenter highlights and that extra visibility is good for the league.

My bet is it ends up like the goalie's shooting contest. They just need to have the true skills competition back and it will be infinitely better than it is now, but obviously nothing with mass appeal. At least then maybe EA would see some people that aren't all-stars can actually skate and shoot. The people that do their ratings suck balls.

So a friend did a poll with fans for approval ratings of all the Blues players. Here is David's below. It is interesting that there are only a handful of players everyone is happy with.

David Perron - 100.0% (E)

Yes – Just in case you need more evidence that Perron should be playing more… for every 60 minutes of even strength time that Perron plays, the Blues score 3.32 goals. The only Blue ahead of him in that category is Brad Boyes, and Perron has spent portions of the season playing with non-offensive players.

You can read it all here