Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Kovy_Ribs_Fedo

David Perron

From TSN Power Rankings:

The youth movement is well underway as St. Louis' two best forwards in November may well have been 20-year-olds Patrick Berglund and David Perron.

David Perron has been playing great

Creates a ton of offence and makes players around him that much better, team leader in assists right now.

He now is the powerplay quarterback and frankly has been fantastic in this role

Still no luck putting the puck in the net, the funny thing is no Blues fans are complaining because David has been playing so well no one dares to.

Whether or not he scores goals, he's on pace to double his point-total from last year: pretty impressive.

I'm sure as opposing teams start to key more on his passing option, he'll get the extra time and space to attack the net himself.

It's Ovechkin Bobblehead night at the caps/blues game thursday, with a red out in effect. If any of you (kovy/jr etc) get a chance to chat to david in the next few weeks, I would be interested to know what the atmosphere is like in the verizon for a visitor.

Not the usual "great fans" that the media gets, but an honest to goodness impression, and if playing against ovechkin is as intimidating as it might seem in the heads of us beer leaguers

I'll be at the game tomorrow/tonight with the Blues @ the Caps. Whenever Perron makes something happen I'll cheer a bit until someone notices, then I'll boo. Gotta support the MSH fam but my Caps are always number 1.

I was wondering something earlier. I wonder if any of the other Blues know of MSH the Cult-like following that David has here. I wonder if he gets 'chirped' about it in the room and at practice?

Ouch, Andy Murray's comments:

"I didn't think (Patrik) Berglund was good, I didn't think (David) Perron was good, I didn't think (Keith) Tkachuk was good ... I didn't think (Brad) Boyes was good," Murray said. "I thought (David) Backes was all right."

Right down the line, Murray named names, sometimes duplicating players.

"I expect Jeff Woywitka to be a lot better than he was today," he continued. "David Perron ... where's he? Berglund, I expect him to be better. Am I being a little hard on them here? That's just the way that it is."

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/st...0F?OpenDocument

i'm a blues fan but had a game last night so couldn't watch, but from the highlights it didn't look like manny gave them much of a chance to win last night.. they've been absolutely brutal lately

I did get to catch the game. It was brutal. The Blues actually had life here & there until Stastny just missed tying it at 4 (Wideman pulled it from the paint as it was trickling in). Bruins went right down the ice & Savard immediately scored making it 5-3.

That Wheeler play pretty much tells the story. Hell...the Blues were even on the power play which makes Wheeler's effort that much more incredible. The Blues looked like Mites out there...all clustered around poking & staring at the guy with the puck.

Looks like David will get to sit out Tuesday vs. Detroit. Sad thing is...even though Perron has struggled a little of late, he's still creating way more chances than a lot of other players. Berglund is a freaking stud though. David has to love playing on a line with him.

i listened to the 1st intermission on the radio a couple of nights ago when janssen was on the same line as perron and berglund and he said he really enjoyed playing with them because of the way they open everything up. before stempniak was traded i think him, perron, and berglund were a sick line

Started the game on the forth line. Worked his way up to the top line. Clearly the best player on the ice tonight for the blues in a dismal game.

Wish he would be in the ASG instead of Tkachuk.

Any chance he'll be in the YoungStars game this year? I heard they were going to do a freshman vs sophomores type game this year.

*edit

Found this link and it looks like they are doing sophomores vs rookies.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2009/01/nh...lls_compet.html

Next up, the top young players in the game will take center stage in the sixth NHL YoungStars Game presented by Upper Deck. This year, for the first time, the non-stop, wide-open game of three-on-three will pit NHL sophomores against rookies.

Edited by Brokensticks

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Andy-Strick...cisions/5/18750

about 3/4 of the way down the page

"David Perron revealed on my hockey show live at Johnny Mac’s that he would like to wear his infamous white skates once again in the near future."

I get them not wanting him in them in his rookie year...but he has proven he belongs in the NHL. Besides, they are using him in STL to market the team. The idea that he can't wear white because he "stands out" from everyone else shouldn't really matter anymore.