Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Netminder32

Mission Helium Lite Goalie Pads

Reviewer:

Height-5'1"

Weight: 100lbs

Ankle to Knee: 15”

Experience: 6 yrs. house league, 3 years travel

vs Shooters: Intermediate to Advanced

Protection

The protection is very good, haven't had a stinger yet. Don't really expect to, really. But, that might be just because the shooters aren't that great :P .

Durability

Not at all to good. The first signs of wear are some fraying of the toe ties and threads on the calf wraps. Then the outer covering of the calf wrap splits, showing the board inside. But, the frost of the pad has remained mostly white, and doesn't show puck marks.

Also, the boot strap is wearing away quickly. The cord attaching the thigh board to the pad wears away quickly, too.

Quality

One of the buckles for the boot straps is attached backwards, making the strap come out all the time. Also, after I fused the frayed toe tie, it is now too short to be tied on properly.

Most of the buckles on the pad are the "quick-release" ones. The straps for these come unnecessarily long, and after i cut them, they fused really well.

Also, the strap that goes on the thigh board was probably made for someone five times as fat as me and is a lot looser than it needs to be.

Intangibles

Good pads for a butterfly goalie. The pads rotate nicely when you go down into your butterfly.

The cord used for the toe tie was a stupid choice, as it does not stay tied at all and ends up untied on the rink, and tripping me when I try to move.

Performance: 8/10

Durability: 5/10

Look: 7/10

Design: 8/10

Price: 9/10

Overall: 7.4/10