Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OhMyGodImOnFire

goalie mask

Guest OSTOR

The search button is what you should look for.

Its its all PP when your buying equitment

Don't overlook smaller brands. sportmask, NXI(my personal favorite), redic, warick, etc...

Do you mean warwick, If your going to look at Warwick definetly look at Masked Marvels (better quality better price)

Masked Marvel has been on the market for far too short a period of time to put them in the same category as Warwick. While the mask looks good, there is very little actual usage by known quantities to back that up. It is easy to compare one to a Warwick as it is, pretty much, a direct copy.

As to what mask to look at, you would need to provide a few more details such as the level of play that you would be using it for, not to mention whether or not certification is a requirement.

::m

TBL are you a goalie or a player?

Just wondering becuase you seem to know a fair bit about both kinds of equiptment.

started as a goalie but I skate out now. I need to pickup some equipment so that I can play goal again, I'm getting an itch! B)

I can't recommend Olie's MA2000 or MA7000 (wide) masks high enough. I've used their masks for years. The only problem I ever had was a slight crack in the chin of one of my masks from a bullet shot that caught me through a screen. And Olie replaced that one under warranty, no questions asked. They stand behind their product, it is priced way below it's competitors and they offer a good selection of factory paint if you want something a little more colourful.

To top it off. I recently had the pleasure of meeting Keith Oldfield in person and discussing his new masks for 2007. They are going to be incorporating a new bonding chemical to better adhere the fiberglass and kevlar layers and a new vacuum molding production process to eliminate air voids. They have elimintated the troublesome moisture wicking liner. The new masks will feature finished interiors as well as exteriors and all the holes will be finished. AND if that wasn't enough, they will be available with stainless steel cages at no extra charge.

This is simply the best mask value on the market, bar none.

when's the 07 officially coming out?

They should be out now. I know Majer Hockey on eBay has already received 2007 models and has them listed... Personally I'm liking the new "Eagle" design that they are calling the "Penguin"...

eBay mask auction

Olie masks, at least the one's that are certified, carry both certifications so unless you have an older model are you sure? If the mask that you have only carries CSA and you are playing in the states then you could have an issue. The certifications are not interchangeable and you have to have the cert that your organizing body requires. Doesn't mean that you can't play with what you have and take your chances of course.

I got it from hockeygalore.ca, which is in canada, which may be why it's only CSA. I was going to get it from blockthepuck (less shipping), but they just had horrible shipping. One week after my order they call me saying they don't have it in stock (some mexican lady called) so I, out of frustration, cancelled. My refund came a week later.

USA Hockey uses HECC criteria for certification but the requirements aren't really public knowledge. You can get a listing of certified products online tho.

CSA is meaningless to USA Hockey. If they check your mask (and that is a big if), they are going to be looking for a HECC sticker.

I think the certification is dumb....considering the Itech 1200/1400 are approved and everyone calls it a widowmaker. I think if I went and bought a nice Hackva mask I'd know it was much more protective than the approved Itech.