Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest phillyfan

Moore Set to leave hospital

Guest phillyfan

I thought he was still pretty young, maybe next season is stretching it, but I don't and hope he isn't done.

I hope he comes back. I think if he does it will be 2 years. I would hate to see someones career end like that.

Guest phillyfan

I would suppose if the league was not affiliated with the NHL and the president of the league was on crack, sure why not?

Is Bertuzzi only allowed to come back if Moore does? I hope Moore is alright. If worst comes to worst, he did graduate from Harvard. Thats better off than most other hockey players have.

Full recovery in terms of being able to live a normal human existance, not back to 100%. I've heard couple rumors like that around here and there are still a lot of guys around here close to Moore.

When I read that his nerves were exposed due to the injuries ... well that just aint good. That in addition to what sounds like a massive concusion ... again not good.

I think we are looking at a huge, ugly lawsuit.

I know someone who grew up with them, they said they are a nice family and have a history in hockey, but seeing as they are all well educated and are pretty well against needless violence, I think this could turn ugly for the NHL. Well worse than it is.

Guest phillyfan

I don't think there will be any lawsuits, I hope and believe he sees that in a way, it was an accident gone to far. Bert never meant to hurt him that bad, and loosing 7-2 or whatever it was, he was really frusterated. Bert thinking Moore intentially took out Naslund, and the fact that Moore wouldn't fight him the whole game, just agravated Bert past his boiling point.

Who gives a crap how aggravated Bertuzzi was? It was just a brutal act of violence and there will be a lawsuit, although more probably a settlement before trial.

Theo, while he could get a good job outisde of hockey, there's no telling he'll be able to. It depends on the severity of the concussion. If there was enough trama, he could experience a good amount of memory loss. Speaking as someone who has had to work with a concussion, it's not easy to do at all. You can't focus and are absent-minded.

concussions suck ive had four and im only 17.

me too...One of my friends did something similar to his back as Moore got and its still buggin him even though it was like a year or two ago

Guest phillyfan

I've been fortunate enough never to substain a concussion either, but I've never broken any bones, or received stitches(liquid stitches don't count). I've torn ligaments and pulled some muscles really bad, and have had bad sprains before, but I'd say I was lucky. But saying this, next time I step on the ice, I'll probably slip, break a wrist, hit my head on the ice, and get facial lacerations as well, all on one fall...

A couple weeks before the incident there was somethin on the National, CBC news, about the Moore family and how there all bright and went to Ivey league schools and are rookies in the NHL. Was pretty amazing, and now to see this...

Guest phillyfan

Another jinx? Like the cover of SI, or the cover of the Madden Sports games?(Now hockey as well)