Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benchboy

Mission 9500 with 608 bearings - What Spacers?

Hey Guys.

I just got some Mission 9500's and was putting some wheels on them to play tonight and the wheels won't spin fullstop.

I need to know what type of spacers I use with these? I am using 608 bearings with standard wheels. I have tried floating spacers and the replacement floating spacers Rink Rat gave me when there wheels didn't spin. I am using Labeda Dynasty wheels.

I don't have any 688 wheels so that isn't an option.

Thanks.

I have got it sorted with my floating spacers but the rear wheels on both skates won't spin as they are touching the side of the chassis and wearing a section out of the wheels.

I had the exact same problem with my D-Limiteds and thats why I bought new skates. I figure it must be the wheels. I switched them and they are fine now.

No more Labeda wheels for me.

I have the same problems with my 7500's and Hyper wheels (outdoor)...turning the wheels over (outside in) took care of it. But I don't know what I'll do when it's time to rotate.

Are there known issues with the chassis?

I have the same problems with my 7500's and Hyper wheels (outdoor)...turning the wheels over (outside in) took care of it. But I don't know what I'll do when it's time to rotate.

Are there known issues with the chassis?

Not that I know of, I bought them from Saba. I will email him and ask him. All 4 back wheels won't spin unless I put a different brand of wheels in.

No more Labeda! What a travesty.... :o

Hey Mate, if you haven't got something to contribute stay out of my thread.

there were issues with the HE950's (previous year... 2004 i think?) because mission used Factory wheels stock, and when you used other wheels they would sometimes rub. sounds like it may be something similar here.

Just take a metal file, and sand a bit of the inside of the chassis down (the back section) where the wheel is hitting. This won't damage the chassis and will allow the wheel to spin freely. You will see the are where the wheel is touching the area. Make sure you sand that section only.

Just take a metal file, and sand a bit of the inside of the chassis down (the back section) where the wheel is hitting. This won't damage the chassis and will allow the wheel to spin freely. You will see the are where the wheel is touching the area. Make sure you sand that section only.

How will this affect our warranties?

I have a pair of 5500's that this is happening on. I filed it down a little and the rubbing has decreased quite a bit.

Here's another link where this is being discussed.

wheels rubbing on chassis thread

How will this affect our warranties?

I have a pair of 5500's that this is happening on. I filed it down a little and the rubbing has decreased quite a bit.

Here's another link where this is being discussed.

wheels rubbing on chassis thread

At what risk? Ive had two pair of HE5550s. Each skate had two breaks in the chassis and my last pair had two breaks in the same exact spots. The chassis are brittle, to suggest filling them down is ridiculous. All wheel sizes are pretty much commons knowledge, Mission should have designed chassises to meet all wheel makes and models. No break in period required.

The chassis are brittle, to suggest filling them down is ridiculous. All wheel sizes are pretty much commons knowledge, Mission should have designed chassises to meet all wheel makes and models. No break in period required.

That is exactly how I feel. I have now been told by Mission to to use Rink Rat MB816 wheels. I want to use wheels that I choose.

The chassis are brittle, to suggest filling them down is ridiculous. All wheel sizes are pretty much commons knowledge, Mission should have designed chassises to meet all wheel makes and models. No break in period required.

That is exactly how I feel. I have now been told by Mission to to use Rink Rat MB816 wheels. I want to use wheels that I choose.

If they're under a year old and you still have the recipet you're well within reason to get a new pair of skates. Seriously I bought Rink Rat Hot Shots for my HE5550s, the same wheels that came on the stock skates and they wouldn't spin freely.

The manufacturer suggesting that you alter the chassis, thus making the warranty null and void is a joke.

I'm sorry, but it still sounds like you are using floating spacers. They do not work in the new Missions, and they haven't for a while. I believe after the premier of the DNA line in '03, the skates no longer take floating spacers, and the Mission standard is sleeved spacers. I think the only skate I've had so far with wheels rubbing on chassis was the HE950 from the 05 Helium line.

Just confirm with me that you are using the sleeve style spacers. It would make me feel better. :D

I'm sorry, but it still sounds like you are using floating spacers. They do not work in the new Missions, and they haven't for a while. I believe after the premier of the DNA line in '03, the skates no longer take floating spacers, and the Mission standard is sleeved spacers. I think the only skate I've had so far with wheels rubbing on chassis was the HE950 from the 05 Helium line.

Just confirm with me that you are using the sleeve style spacers. It would make me feel better. :D

I know for a fact mine are the tube spacers. The axles are not wide enough to accomidate floating spacers. I have even replaced the bearings and spacers with other tube type tube spacers on the back wheel of my skates, and still have the problem. You can actually see where the wheel is closer to the right side of the chassis than the left.

Just to be clear, here are the type of spacers on my 5500 skates.

tube spacers

BTW: still looking for input on what filing does to the warranty. Now that I have filed it down, I feel as though I may be screwed.

stevoc: I mean, Justin did suggest to do so, so I don't think you'll void the warranty by listening to the big guy at Mission.

Benchboy: thanks for confirming. There is a way to tell if the bearings are working or not; just hold the bearing by it's center and spin it. Be sure to just hold onto the inner circle-thing. If they spin, it should be fine. If it gets caught or stops, it needs cleaning or replacing.

I am using brand new bearings, they have been worn in also. I can actually see the chassis touching the wheel and the trench that it has dug out of the wheel.