Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
JR Boucicaut

2007 Warrior Catalogue

yeah i would be interested to know exactly how much some of these sticks cost to make (9kO-tech)

all i know is that the 1st gen. Synergy costs roughly $8 USD to make.

they claim they don't make that much profit because of the labor costs and the cost of the machinery

Those #'s are off base...the cost of just the raw materials (kevlar, graphite, fiberglass) are much higher than that. as both you and Dark Star said, you then have to factor in labor costs, overhead, R&D, and machinery & equipment...not too mention advertising as well

1. I'm just talking about the stick itself...nothing else...just a synergy without the labor, machinery, etc. costs

and

2. I am not 100% that it costs $8 to make <_< , but that is what my coach, a former NHLer and Easton rep told me + my team.

if i am wrong. just correct me

And who is that coach?

Regardless, how can you only take into consideration "just a synergy without the labor, machinery, etc. costs?" That's got to be the dumbest response to that question.

And who is that coach?

Regardless, how can you only take into consideration "just a synergy without the labor, machinery, etc. costs?" That's got to be the dumbest response to that question.

1. Andre Faust

2. I'm talking about if they didnt' add in the labor, it would cost about 8 to make a synergy

You realise how flawed that statement is, don't you? If my aunt had balls she'd be my uncle. "If" is a horrible little thing.

My guess is that the $8 represents the fixed costs of materials.

Machinery, labor and such are all variable costs. The amount of those costs that gets allocated to a stick is dependant upon how many sticks the factory produces in a given time period.

Just a thought here, but if any of you junior/HS/youth players are looking for an interesting project for an accounting project or similar, you could always do a study of the OPS market and production costs. Hell, if you did something like that, I bet you could contact a manufacturer or two and get some info from them to assist with the project and be all the wiser for it...

yeah i would be interested to know exactly how much some of these sticks cost to make (9kO-tech)

all i know is that the 1st gen. Synergy costs roughly $8 USD to make.

they claim they don't make that much profit because of the labor costs and the cost of the machinery

Biggest urban legend in this industry. I remember when that number came out and how it spread.

The only way your going to know for sure is to become employed by Easton and have access to their internal financial statements. Even when companies disclose their cost of sales/unit they may choose leave out many other costs skewing the real number. Some companies don't even know themselves what the true cost of a product is, since they don't look at all the costs associated with bringing a product to market and roll them up to come up with a cost/unit.

Some hockey companies will sell product within a category to dealers at little to no profit to gain market share on a specific price point. Then within the same category they will over price the product of a different price point to regain lost profit. They have gained market share and exposure witin the category to strengthen the brand name. They are killing the competition within the category.

And who is that coach?

1. Andre Faust

2. I'm talking about if they didnt' add in the labor, it would cost about 8 to make a synergy

You realize you are quoting the cost of materials alone, right? Sticks don't just make themselves.

Something to think about. Easton buys those materials in bulk. If they were to buy enough for just one stick. It would probably be more expensive then what the finished product sells for.

Well, that seemed kind of uncalled for...

Anyways, back to Warrior, I got my Mac Daddy grips in last night, and used one for the practice. The nipple grip is a crock of sh$t. If there is a warrior stick and pattern you like you are much better saving the $10 or whatever the price difference between grip and non-grip will be. I remember back in the day of wood sticks and aluminum shafts, if a guy wanted to add tackiness to a stick, every minor league team I played for had what we called "the wife beater". It was about a foot worth of wood shaft cut off with black friction tape wrapped aound one end MANY MANY times. Guys who wanted to add some grip to their sticks would simply rub this up and down their shafts until they got the desired effect. ANyone else ever try this? Works great...

I will post some pics of the nipple grip if my cam can show it later today...

A comment and a question: The Dolomite wasn't previously available in a 75 flex, only the MacDaddy. Glad to see the Dolomite in a 75. Will the 2007 Warriors only be available in the nipple grip or can you get the traditional grip as well?

jptwofive-i have tried using this grip, and it works great. The grip on my stealth grip cnt was starting to peel so i peeled it down to the words "stealth" and rubbed the black tape onto it and it works great. The only downfall is that you have to do it before almost every game/practice because it wears off quickly.

Hi guys

I´ve been looking fore some new gloves and like the Warrior Mac Daddy´s. How are the sizing on the Warrior gloves? I use NBH XV´s in 14". Will a 14" Mac Daddy ore Dolomite be the same? What i can see on the pic´s of those gloves it´s leather rigth? I know you have to trie the gloves but you can´t get Warrior in Denmark so i will get them from the states. Thanks.

IMO they are a very overpriced glove for what your getting. Theres about 3 or 4 gloves i can think of that feel a lot better and are a lot cheaper then the Warriors. Lastly they dont look too hot either!!