Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I want something with a Canadian/Hockey theme. I'm leaning toward this:

Tat2.jpg

for #3. I'm thinking left shoulder....same placement/relative size as the dragon on the right. I haven't gone to an artist yet, but I want the 'rink' to look like ice, and I'm not sure that ice look will be easy to do in ink.

Obviously, I did this mock up in PS...and I wouldn't want the edges/outline to be that sharp/harsh....

Friend of mine had a white ink tattoo done on her wrist, looks really good but she has dark skin that took to the color well. Apparently its hard for white to take on most people but you might as well give it a shot. Also great idea wish I would have thought of it first, I'm almost considering stealing it heh.

Friend of mine had a white ink tattoo done on her wrist, looks really good but she has dark skin that took to the color well. Apparently its hard for white to take on most people but you might as well give it a shot. Also great idea wish I would have thought of it first, I'm almost considering stealing it heh.

My complexion is what some would call fair...and others would call pasty...so 'white' won't work well...but I'm thinking white with a touch of blue might look decent. Like I said, I need to talk to the artist...but I'm waiting on it for now...got a week without hockey in mid Feb...maybe then.

Trapezoids ;)

Seriously liking that, maybe thicker lines and knocking off some of the obscure islands and penisulas could work but it seems pretty simple and effective to me.

Ha, how could I forget the trapezoids...?

I'm assuming you're a Canadians fan, you could always put the logo at center ice. I don't know how big it will be or how much money you want to spend but it's an idea.

Edited by TNHhockey

I'm assuming you're a Canadians fan, you could always put the logo at center ice. I don't know how big it will be or how much money you want to spend but it's an idea.

I know I don't want it to be team specific. I LOVE the Habs...but not sure that Sports team ink is a good idea...unless you are directly attached somehow. My buddy got the Italian National Soccer Team crest with the stars for all their World Cups...mind you he's Italian...so that makes sense.

I've got a window between now and Feb 18 where I only play once a week...so if I can finalize the design...I may go for it.

Yeah I don't blame you, I am a diehard Islanders fan so being team specific with a tattoo right now could be a bad idea lol. It was just a thought of what you could do to add onto that. I really like that idea alot even the way you posted it though. Let us know what you do, I can't wait to see it.

I saw this on the Habs board...and thought I'd share....

n1163776020_30296990_8461.jpg

I did ask for his permission to post it here...just thought some hockey/tattoo fans might appreciate it.

The team canada logo would look great at center ice a nice maple leaf or something

I do like having a maple leaf in there somewhere...but not the Hockey Canada Logo...

But, the way the body of water cuts into where center ice is, there isn't much room to do anything there...and besides that...a Maple Leaf at center ice is too much like a team I've heard of somewhere ;)

matt, not sure how big your lookin to go, and how much detail. but just a thought from my perspective. if you like the idea of a maple leaf, but you dont want to confuse it with the toronto maple leafs, why not have the country and the rink in the "front" of the tattoo, and then have a faint maple leaf shading type in the "back" of the tattoo behind everything? i tihnk that you look really cool actually and bring everything together because it has all thoes little islands and juts everywhere.

on another note, im going on 2/7 to get my other side done. my artist drew it up, its the skyline of Detroit burning down. we want to make it black and grey with some orange and red highlights. its got a ton of detail and alot of size to it, this should be a fun one.

matt, not sure how big your lookin to go, and how much detail. but just a thought from my perspective. if you like the idea of a maple leaf, but you dont want to confuse it with the toronto maple leafs, why not have the country and the rink in the "front" of the tattoo, and then have a faint maple leaf shading type in the "back" of the tattoo behind everything? i tihnk that you look really cool actually and bring everything together because it has all thoes little islands and juts everywhere.

on another note, im going on 2/7 to get my other side done. my artist drew it up, its the skyline of Detroit burning down. we want to make it black and grey with some orange and red highlights. its got a ton of detail and alot of size to it, this should be a fun one.

I thought of that...the background Maple Leaf. My fear is that because I want this one in color, the 'faint' red might look too pink...I still haven't taken the design to an artist yet...so I have to get an opinion. How soon I get it will depend on how much I spend in Montreal next week too *L*

Your new one sounds cool though.

That Canada / Ice Rink has some MAJOR potential. Im not Canadian or anything, but that would be sweet.

What would you improve/add to it?

Nothing too specific, I was just making note that the design was very cool. You could possibly place the puck in the location of your hometown. Depending on how big it is.

Or crossed hockey sticks - kinda "X marks YOUR spot"...though, given the geography of the area, that might be kinda hard to fit neatly (depending on the size of the tattoo, obviously).

I think it's going to be tough to make it look decent without spreading the design out over his entire back. There isn't too much room in that Southern Ontario/Niagara Peninsula area.

If it were me, I think I would stay away from any sort of "personal identification" in a tattoo like that one - I really, really like the idea...and I think bringing focus to one small section of the entire country (and it's heritage) which he's celebrating would sort of defeat the purpose and maybe take away from the "message." Obviously, though, that's just my opinion. Tattoo's are (generally) about personal and original expression...so it's up to him/you.

I think it's going to be tough to make it look decent without spreading the design out over his entire back. There isn't too much room in that Southern Ontario/Niagara Peninsula area.

If it were me, I think I would stay away from any sort of "personal identification" in a tattoo like that one - I really, really like the idea...and I think bringing focus to one small section of the entire country (and it's heritage) which he's celebrating would sort of defeat the purpose and maybe take away from the "message." Obviously, though, that's just my opinion. Tattoo's are (generally) about personal and original expression...so it's up to him/you.

Yeah, If I was from the Central Prairies, I might be able to mark my hometown, but Port Colborne is kinda hard to find a a regular play...let alone one on my arm. *ha!*

Here's the design as it sits now (actual size):

Tat2d.jpg

I think if you softened the leaf to a more realistic look it would come together better, it looks very "rigid" (?) for something that's going on your body. Especially if you change size and the straight lines aren't so straight in 15 years.

http://mrana.typepad.com/bitbybit/images/2...07mapleleaf.jpg

Maybe something like that to balance the country's outline a bit more? I know it's not the nation's official outline, but it adds a bit more subtlety while still conveying the same patriotic/nationalistic message.

As for the rink, adding hash marks to the dots may help break up the large dead zone. You could even go ahead and add all of the extra lines from the "anatomy of a hockey rink" editorial from a few years back.

sidect2.th.jpg

heres the start to my side piece, it sucked. really really really bad. i have my other side done and for whatever reason this was 100 times worse. it took about 5 hours to get that much done, and id say i have another 6 or 7 hours to finish it up. im happy with it so far.

Edited by cougarscaptain87

I guess I should go ahead and add mine.

The first is a piece by Derek Hess entitled "Valentine"

HPIM0745-1.jpg

The second is a Skull with a gas mask

HPIM0338-1.jpg

I also have "FATE" on my right arm below the Derek Hess piece.

Edited by reyno2ac